Blue Bird Bistro

Contact 816-221-7559

1700 Summit, Kansas City, Missouri, USA, 64108

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu includes several veggie dishes, such as the black bean burger, green curry, tofu fries, quiona and chard. Uses local and seasonal ingredients when possible. Prices moderate to expensive. M-Sa 7am-10pm, Su 10am-2pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by

They should JUST make vegan food. So, so GOOD. - Edit

I went here with my mom and her friend as a compromise restaurant. There's something for everyone, vegan and non-vegan. I was the only one who ordered the vegan items. Lovely atmosphere and had a wonderful waitress. I had the black bean burger, which was okay, a little on the bland side. What won me over was the corn soup, which had to be the best soup I've ever had in my life. I loved it so much I took an order to go. I also had the vegan chocolate tart, which was so rich and amazing. If I lived in KC, this would definitely be a regular place for me.

Pros: Delicious Food, Friendly Waitress, Quick Service

Cons: They aren't a veg restaurant

A Great Place to Go with Omnivores - Edit

This is a place where herbivores and omnivores can both be happy. I often order the tofu scramble for brunch or the veggie burger for lunch, but their changing menu offers some variety, even for vegans and those who can't have gluten. They use as many local ingredients as possible, and everything is always as fresh as can be. The service is great, and the converted mansion location is charming.

Pros: Fresh, local food, Great service, Cool ambience

Cons: Only a few vegan choices, A little pricey

Return to Kansas City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blue Bird Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2405 times since Jul 2009.