Blazing Salads

01-6719552

42 Drury Street (at next to George's Street Arcade), Dublin, Ireland, Dublin 2

Wholefood vegetarian take-out deli featuring a vegan salad bar in addition to savouries, salads, and sugar-free cakes made on site, as well as a variety of certified organic sourdough breads that are baked daily in the shop's commercial bakery. Busy at lunch time. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-6:00pm, Sat 9:00am-5:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Macrobiotic, Organic, Western, Salad bar, Take-out, Bakery, Catering, Irish

First Review by kamikazekid

incredible vegan salads, burgers and cakes - Edit

they have really great options here and lots of yummy sugar free vegan and gluten free cakes - the ginger and lemon cake is wonderful

healthy option - Edit

Small but packed full of goodies. Plenty of selection with lots of heathy salad choices, on. Sunny day a great option for takeaway lunch.
They had a 3-4 hot dishes as well impeccably presented cafe, unjust thought for a veggie cafe there should be more vegan options, especially in the cake department.
You will feel healthy and full after your lunch, I have to say the sight of whole booked eggs did little for me.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-19

Pros: Staff, Healthy, Location

Perfect - Edit

It's a Vegetarian salad bar with loads of Vegan options. Great for lunch on the run. Plenty to choose from, but it's charged by weight, so be careful!!! So good I even bought the recipe book!!

Pros: easy, quick, delicious food

Cons: the drink fridges aren't cold, so their juice seem

Tasty food! - Edit

The food is great, friendly staff.
The location is easy to find and central
Had a take away salad and brought it with me to the airport.

Tasty Take-Away Food - Edit

I am so glad I found this restaurant because it is great for quick, easy vegan food. When exploring Dublin, it's so difficult to find fast vegan food without sitting down at a restaurant. The falafel sandwich wrap was incredibly delicious but also very easy to grab and continue exploring. Thank you!

really nice - Edit

Great little place, very central at the back of St George's market. Does very nice salads, soups and unusually a few main options. Vegetarian but with a fair few vegan options. They also have really nice savoury pastry's/deli to take away along with cakes and other treats. My fav is the chocolate orange seed bar.

Pros: Central , reasonable , delicious food

Cons: small so not much seating

The best salad bar in Dublin! - Edit

I can't speak highly enough of Blazing Salads, it is literally one of my favourite places in Dublin. The salad bar is completely vegan and the shop offers hot meals as well as sweet treats, many of which are vegan too (a rare find in Dublin!). I also have both of their recipe books which are bursting with easy, delicious recipes for both vegetarians and vegans. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Pros: Delicious Food, Great Selection , Central Locaton

Such a winning name! - Edit

The salad bar is self-service and you pay for the food by weight. There's hot dishes available too. I had the tofu chilli with bulgar wheat. The bulgar was listed as 'grain of the week' so i guess there's a weekly rotation.

It's pretty much a take-away, but there's seating in the window and a bench outside.

There's a few health food shop type items on the shelves and home made vegan cookies and cakes. Such a winning pun for the name too. Definitely worth a visit.

Pros: The best name, Tasty, Healthy

Definitely the best Salad selection in Dublin! - Edit

We were at the Dublin Convention Centre recently for a conference, and due to minimal vegetarian options around that area, we headed into Dublin city centre (about 20min via tram + short walk).

We were really impressed with the quality of food at Blazing Salads. Price was dependent on weight of salad contents you put in your take-away box. But the quality of food was so good, i would have quite happily paid more!

We would have returned to Blazing Salads several more times during our trip to Dublin, but couldn't as they opened at 9.30pm, and closed at 6.00pm - which was too late/too early for us to make it there before the conference started in the morning, and finished in the evening.

Also, it is only a take-away (i.e. no seating anywhere inside the premises).
The premises is very small & got crowded quickly around the salad bar when more than a couple of customers were inside the premises.

Highly recommend any of the salad items, and various pasties at their deli counter.

Pros: amazing food quality, good prices, friendly staff

Cons: Take-away only (no seating area), limited opening hours, restricted space / small premises

Just fair - Edit

We went there without any idea of what we wanted to eat but something vegan and good to take away. The shop offers different salads, several of them are vegan but we did not want to specifically eat a salad at that time (mid-afternoon), even if they looked good anyway. We consequently looked at the counter window since there was a lot of cakes, spring rolls, pizza slices, some desserts... However, a very few of them were vegan (2 actually) and no dessert was. We took two spring rolls and two vegetable slippers that were good but finally fair for the paid price. And nothing amazing.

Even if we find the choice a little bit limited for vegans, the staff is very friendly, the place has also a shop of vegan products, which is great, and is well located.

Pros: vegan grocery, well located, friendly staff

Cons: few vegan choices except for salads, a little pricey

great! - Edit

Really yummy. Really nice people. Get there earlier to get all of the salad stuff!

Good tofu spring roll, good butternut squash pasty - Edit

Blazing salads seems like a nice place. Good vegan options that are clearly signed. I literally went in there and I can sat with my hand on my heart that the tofu spring roll and the butternut squash past were excellent - especially the latter. The rest looked really good.

Pros: Good food labelling, Friendly staff

Happy I went there! - Edit

I did not have any meals at Blazing Salads because we had already had lunch that day, but we still decided to go there just to have a look at what was on offer. Blazing Salads is rather like a small shop and salad bar, and so we chose a few slices of pie and a few raw musli bars. I was very happy about that because now I had a few provisions for the following days, to have on day trips and long bus rides - it was quite difficult getting such things elsewhere in Ireland.
We had the sweet pies on the train the next day and they were still very good.
Moreover, the girl serving us was very, very friendly. She was originally from Germany and greeted us in German when she heard us speak that language, and we had a nice chat.
The prices for the pies and bars were heavy, but I think considering that they were organic and the bars were raw, this is not unusual. In Germany, the price range would have been the same.

Pros: Vegan pies & bars,hard to find elsewhere, Very friendly service

Cute and Tasty to go - Edit

I had all the vegan cookies they had the long weekend I was there and bought them on Saturday morning, as they were closed for the next 2.5 days. They were great to have on the plane ride home, dry, but really healthy. I felt good eating them. I also had the apple pie, but saved it for later and it was pretty gross later and I threw it away. It didn't travel well and wasn't very tasty, a bit like cardboard and applesauce. Overall, I wish I could try more there, like the fresh breads and salads. It wasn't convenient to eat much there since I was with a meat eater and couldn't sit and eat there anyway and it was cold outside.

Pros: whole food, lots of vegan options, fresh

Cons: expensive, no seating, hard for travelers, often closed

All about takeout - Edit

Purchased food here on two occasions but despite a great salad bar, there was no place to sit and eat. The first time, I took food back to my hotel room and the second time we purchased food to take on our way out of the city. We ate it as lunch on route.
The food was great and while it was difficult to find, it was great to have it available.

Pros: Good choice of vegan food, Friendly staff

Cons: Needs a small sitting area

Contributions +98

Lovely cake - Edit

I only had a slice of apple pie from Blazing Salads, but it was very tasty! Very disappointed when we returned the next day, Sunday, to find it closed as we planned for a salad lunch. Would reccomdnd the apple pie to any vegans in Dublin :)

Pros: Vegan cake

Lovely - Edit

Loadsa selection and really good food Great for vegans!

Pros: great food, nice staff, nice atmosphere

Cons: expensive

Best vegan selection in Dublin - Edit

Nice shop as everyone says, with by far the most vegan choices in the city (or country for that matter). No getting away from the fact that Ireland is wicked expensive, and this is no exception. The salad bar is eu15.20 a kilo. That is about 7 per pound, which right now means about $10.15 a pound for salad. Ouch. My husband got an oversized spring roll for eu3.20. The things we got were very good. My only regret was paying eu3.35 for a little slab of apple pie, which was pretty mushy and not sweetened at all. I felt a bit ripped off on that one.

Still, considering the options in Ireland and the fact that they are so vegan-friendly, you have to give it a go.

Pros: VEGAN, wide selection

Cons: prices!

Return to Dublin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blazing Salads closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.