Ambiente Tapas

+44-1132461848

The Calls Grill, 36-38 The Calls, Leeds, England, LS2 7EW

Serves meat, vegan options available. Spanish tapas restaurant and sherry bar. Offers a marked vegetarian/vegetable menu. Has espresso drinks, organic and vegi wine. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by deadpledge

Many options - Edit

We booked ahead as for a birthday and made a note that we were two vegans and a veggie. We were bought a spread sheet which clearly showed us all dietary options. It also indicated were things could be made vegan. There was a lot of choice that choosing 3-4 dishes as recommended was no problem. Apart from a slight slip up with one veganised dish came not veganised but that was quickly rectified. Really good new place to go for posh grub as usually stick to bigger chains to be safe. Feel that I have somewhere special to eat!

Vegan Options & Really Delicious - Edit

I contacted Ambiente Tapas who also have sites in York, to ask about vegan options and felt happy I would be well fed, so booked for Saturday lunch.

I chose a Fuenteseca Sauvignon Blanc wine, having had it before, knew it was vegan and an excellent wine to boot. Although the wine list labelled wines vegetarian, maybe Ambiente could extend it to include vegan ones too, sure their vegan customers would appreciate it.

I ordered the vegetarian platter, without the non vegan empanadas, with a vegan portion of patavas bravas. The platter included charred artichoke hearts, piquillo peppers, palm hearts, olive tapenade and tomato chutney, bread, olives and almonds. The presentation was fantastic, made me want to tuck in, even more so, when the equally delicious looking bravas arrived on the table.

I loved the food and had no complaints and apart from the fact that I was fit to burst, would have partaken of the vegan dessert, strangely enough the only dish labelled vegan on the menu, and the strange title of Moroccan Snake Bread.

I would definitely revisit if ever in Leeds

Pros: Vegan friendly, Vegan options, Vegan dessert

Vegan Tapas - Edit

I have been to Ambiente twice now with the most recent being for my birthday last month and on both occasions they have been able to adapt the tapas menu to vegan. Best to send a quick email in advance to save time though. When we arrived the staff brought out a specially adapted vegan menu including desserts and wines. Personally I would advise getting 3-4 tapas dishes (£3.95-£4.95 each) to share followed by vegetable paella (£19.95) to share which is what myself and the wife got, the paella was delicious! Thank you Ambiente.

Pros: Vegan Tapas/Desserts/Wine, Great Staff, Atmosphere

Return to Leeds Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ambiente Tapas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.