Wapentake

Contact 01132436248

92 Kirkgate, Leeds, England, LS2 7DJ

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bakery, cafe, and bar serving a large selection of vegan beers and labelled fresh baked vegan breads, cakes, brownies and tiffins. Has vegan breakfast. Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-11:00pm, Sat 10:00am-11:00pm, Sun 10:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Bakery, British, Non-veg

First Review by hack_man

Carb loaded, bland & cold! - Edit

I opted not to try the hotel attempt at a vegan breakfast and tried this little indie café (support the non corporate, right). I was so disappointed. Flat white soya coffee weak and tepid. Vegan full bfast was £5.00. 2 slices of toast which turned out the best if it, 1 Linda McCarty sausage, 4 tiny shrivelled cold mushrooms, half grilled tom, charred potato wedges (suspect reheated from previous day?), glass jug of COLD beans, and small slices of brown avocado. Waitress very preoccupied with customer's dog so finally got to ask to heat up beans and point out gone off avocado. replaced beans slightly warmer but didn't replace avocado. I didn't get glass of water either. Left wedges and avocado but ate the rest as I was hungry. They didn't charge for the coffee but still felt really ripped off!!! Never to return and won't recommend.

Star Trekking Across the Universe - Edit

Oddly coming from the old Norse word vāpnatak, meaning to show one's weapons at a public vote this is a rather cool addition to the vibrant Leeds (Captain) Kirkgate scene. Leeds just keeps getting better every time I visit and her we have an artisan bakery, cafe and bar all in one. What intrigued me to take a closer look was the prominent vegan advertising outside. Everything is baked freshly on the premises including vegan cakes and breads. Inside, it's a bit like a traditional old bar, but very tastefully and authentically done. They have a great selection of some of Yorkshire's finest ales as well as marquee beers from continental Europe. You'll also see a vegan breakfast on offer here too but I doubt I would ever be up that early in Leeds to sample it. I will be sure to make another beeline for this place next time in this great city.

Pros: nice interior, vegan cakes, cool area of Leeds

Cons: meat is served

Return to Leeds Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wapentake closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.