It’s the best day of the week! Happy Monday all you Cowlings!
You know you love a good grilled cheese.
If you’re vegan you know you miss a good grilled cheese.
Miss no longer – here is a vegan grilled cheese recipe that will make you forget you’re vegan.
Quickly, go make this and weep with joy 🙂
Serves 1 (you may want to make 2 while you’re at it because it’s hard to eat just one of these.)
Soy free if using soy free Earth Balance and soy free bread
Gluten free if using gluten free bread
2 slices sprouted wheat bread
1/4 cup jalapeno havarti wedge Daiya cheese (35g)
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped (4g)
1 tablespoon pecans, chopped (15g)
5 apple slices, cut into 1/8 inch slices
2 tablespoons Earth Balance buttery spread
- Spread half of the cheese on one piece of bread and the other half on the other piece of bread.
- Heat the Earth Balance in a pan on medium – low heat.
- Place the walnuts, parsley and apples on one side of bread and cover it with the other piece of bread.
- Place sandwich in the pan and cook for 3 minutes with a lid over the pan.
- Flip over and cook for an additional 3 minutes with the pan covered.
- Remove from pan, cut diagonally and get ready to do a happy dance.
Molly Patrick has worked in the vegan food realm since 2003.
She has done everything from opened vegan restaurants from the ground up to writing vegan cookbooks.
Find her most recent work @ http://boldvegan.com/blog/
Follow her on twitter