Zooroona Restaurant and Lounge

Contact 269-382-4444

1710 W Main St (at N Arlington St), Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA, 49006

Serves meat, vegan options available. Warm middle eastern decor with a choice of conventional seating and floor seating in semi private elevated booths. Live middle eastern dancing weekly. Sip a cardamom tea, enjoy a fresh Arabic Desert Salad, or taste some of the most vibrant dishes of Iraq, Syria, Turkey, and Lebanon. Some vegetarian choices and a few vegan. Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm

Category: Delivery, Take-out, Catering, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by Mikemotorbike

Average food - Edit

I ate here recently and wasn't very impressed. The food tasted average. There are vegetarian menu items, which is great, and a really fun atmosphere. I liked the idea of the place more than the actual food. If I were to go back, I would just visit Saffron in the same complex - better food and atmosphere!

Pros: Resonably priced food, Good atmosphere, Friendly wait staff

Excellent middle-eastern cuisine - Edit

I like this place. It's fun. You can sit cross-legged at a short table (which I only assume is culturally accurate) or you can sit in regular old chairs. The atmosphere is nice: low-level lighting, nice decor. The items on the menu are only labeled as vegetarian (lacto ovo, it seems). It's easy to differentiate that from vegan though, most of those items only have yogurt in them. The vegetarian tray is really good. Their baba ghannouj is fantastic. I also like their masakah. One cautionary word though is a server told me sometimes they use chicken stock in their lentil soup and sometimes they don't, so don't ever order it.

Pros: atmosphere, vegetarian denotations, fairly priced

Cons: no vegan denotations

Return to Kalamazoo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zooroona Restaurant and Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1476 times since Aug 2010.