Contact 269-381-9898

1710 W Main St Ste D, Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA, 49006

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian restaurant, has some vegetarian dishes with vegan options. Try the pindi channa, a specialty of Rawalpindindi, Pakistan (it's vegan). Closed Sunday.

Category: Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by cynicalveg

best Indian food I've ever had - Edit

I love this place. It's probably the only restaurant I'll miss when I move. The Amazing Bengan Aloo Masala is something you must eat before you pass on. It's incredible. I have had it probably over a dozen times. I don't stray far from that, but anything else I've had there had been fantastic. The wait staff actually knows what's in the food, so feel free to ask as many questions as you feel necessary. I think these guys are fantastic.

Pros: delicious, friendly, wonderful

Cons: pricey-ish

The best Indian! - Edit

This is the best Indian food! Although not cheap, the food is worth it! The menu is very clear about what is vegetarian and vegan and the servers are always happy to help you decide. My partner and I visit this restaurant about once to twice a month and always have a wonderful time. Everything tastes fresh and wonderful! If you haven't been here, check it out. It is worth the trip!

A non-vegan restaurant can only be 4 cows - if I could, I'd give it 6! It's a great place!

Pros: Excellent food, Wonderful wait staff, Great atmosphere

Delicious vegan options but a bit pricey - Edit

I absolutely love this place. The minute you walk in you feel at ease in the low light and comfortable and classy decor. They have a great menu, with vegan and spicy options marked as such, which makes ordering a lot simpler.

The servers are very knowledgeable about the menu and helpful in deciding what you'd like best. They're also punctual and friendly. I've always had good service there.

Most importantly, the food is delicious. I try something different each time, and it's always amazing. The jasmine rice is fantastic, as is the gobi aloo. They also have a nice wine list, though I stick with fountain drinks.

The only downside is that it's not cheap. Not that you'd expect a cheap meal with such high quality food, ambiance and service, you just need to be ready to pay a little more for what you're getting. Entrees generally range from $11 to $15.

Pros: Excellent food, Great service/knowlegeable staff, Comfortable atmosphere

Cons: Bit pricey

Return to Kalamazoo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Saffron closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1648 times since May 2008.