Wildflour Vegan Bakery and Juice Bar

Contact 401-475-4718

727 East Ave, Pawtucket, Rhode Island, USA, 02860

Bakery and juice bar also serving light food like salad and pizza slice. The baked goods are all vegan. Smoothies have dairy option, and bee products are available on request. Uses organic ingredients and unrefined sweeteners as much as possible. Open Mon-Thu 7:00am-9:00pm, Fri 7:00am-10:00pm, Sat 8:00am-10:00pm, Sun 8:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Blaze

Excellent Sweets - Edit

I like it. I've been here twice and dispite other reviews I found the couple of different counter staff to be friendly every time. The first time I had the vegan chili withheld jalapeño corn bread and a tea...cost approx. $10. It was very good. I went back a couple of days latter and got a slice of the ginger molasses bread. They heated it up for me (as requested) and it was delicious. It was less than $3 for a hardy slice. I like the atmosphere and decor. I don't mind that it's in a strip mall, makes parking easy. Also the patrons seem pretty friendly as well. If I had to name a drawback it would be that sometimes the musical selection is uninteresting, but not really a big deal. I'd also like the prices to be a bit lower for some items, but again, not a huge issue. This is a place I would visit again.

Pros: Excellent baked goods, Nice setting, Nice staff & patrons

Cons: Pricey

Bakery items- awesome! BUT.... - Edit

The bakery items are entirely vegan, and entirely fantastic. There is such a variety, with plenty of gf options as well. Not many soy free or nut free if that's on your agenda.

However, they do carry dairy, honey, and bee pollen and use them in smoothies and in coffee/espresso drinks. High probability for cross-contamination, especially on a busy day when you can see the staff rushing to clean blenders or espresso milk canisters. Although the effort is made to separate the steaming wands on the espresso machine (one side reads "dairy" and one side reads "vegan", and they also have corresponding milk canisters to froth in that are also labeled), I have on more than one occasion observed employees breaking this system and frothing non-Dairys on the "dairy" milk wand. also some staff say that they won't put dairy in the blenders, while others say it's not a problem. However they will sanitize equipment for you if you find it to be bothersome.

I highly recommend, but be warned that this place does not take the "vegan" label as seriously as it should. It makes me wonder what else they are compromising on.

Aamzing Vegan Bakery - Edit

I come here at least once a week for an afternoon snack. Their selection of vegan cakes, cookies, brownies, cupcakes, and more is phenomenal.

For the last couple of years, I have also ordered a cake or pie for the holidays. This past year, I ordered a Carrot Cake for Thanksgiving and a Pecan Pie for Christmas. They were unbelievably good.

Pros: Cake, Deliciousness

best scones in New England - Edit

The sun dried tomato scone was amazing. We also loved the lemon lavender scone and the cinnamon knot. If you are in the Providence area, you must visit! They have an outdoor, dog friendly area.

Delicious baked goods! - Edit

I LOVE that there's an ALL vegan bakery in the city! Everything I've ever had is delicious! My personal favorite is the raw Oreo! Staff is fine. . .not super chatty, but not rude. Great little spot. A definite win for Providence.

Cons: A bit over-priced in my opinion.

Food okay, but staff is TERRIBLE - Edit

I give this place 3 "cows" mainly because (I believe) it is the only entirely vegan food establishment in the state of Rhode Island. I'm super spoiled and live in NYC where vegan restaurants, cafes, and bars are pretty common, so maybe my standards are a bit high. It's definitely a cute little cafe with a lot of variety. Also, it's awesome they offer gluten free options for those who follow that diet.

Unfortunately, the staff here really left a sour taste in my mouth. The man that took my order on Saturday afternoon was extremely abrupt and acted as though all the customers -- you know the people paying his salary -- were a huge inconvenience. Don't even get me started on how he refused to place my change in my hand, but instead placed the bills and coins on the counter and SLID THEM over to me, even though I had my hand out and open to accept change! Seriously, who does that?!

Anyways in regards to the food, I tried a blueberry scone and a cupcake and found them just okay. Both pastries were overly sweet to the point that I couldn't finish them. If I still lived in the 401, I would probably come back and try something else and hopefully experience better customer service, but until then this is not a place I would necessarily recommend until their staff learns manners.

Pros: All food is vegan, gluten free options

Cons: Staff has BIG attitudes

Vegan bakery offering dairy milk - why? - Edit

Why would you call yourself "Wildflour vegan bakery and juice bar" but serve non-vegan items?

The staff couldn't seem to explain this to us.

They have smoothies with bee pollen & honey, they offer you a choice of dairy or non-dairy milk for smoothies/coffee, but all of their food items are vegan.

This just makes no sense. Are they really going to lose customers by not offering dairy options for the drinks? I doubt it, but it's confusing and upsetting to the rest of us.

The baked goods were quite delicious, but this place really needs to drop the dairy and bee products before I'd consider going back.

Cons: Calls itself vegan but isn't

The best - Edit

I could write a whole essay as to why Wildflour rocks. Every time I visit Garden Grille, which is almost weekly, I stop into Wildflour for dessert. The raw cheesecake is to die for and so are the oatmeal raisin cookies! The cupcakes are a hit or miss, some are dry and some aren't, but either way they are delicious. They have cake slices or you can buy a whole cake. The carrot cake is delicious and so is their chocolate cake. It isn't too dense or too light and the frosting is always perfect. They have the best coffee ever!! And I love their smoothies. The scones they sell during breakfast are to die for. They always have premade juices and grab and go food which is delightful. They usually sell day old treats for $5, which always pleases me. Not to mention the staff is super nice!! Always have wonderful conversations with them.

Pros: Pastries, Coffee

Awesome! - Edit

I've been here a few times and have not been disappointed by anything! The Cinnamon Knots are a MUST! They are soo good! Also, the cookies and scones are amazing! They make fresh coffee, hot chocolate, and shakes of all kinds! They slow brew single servings to guarantee freshness. "Milk" substitutes galore! Soy, hemp, almond, and coconut milk are the ones I remember. They also sell non-desserts such as raw lasagna and salads. The pizza was pretty good, I tried the squash. Also, the pastries (all of them I believe) are 1/2 priced after a certain time which leads me to believe everything is baked fresh daily and left overs are tossed (or hopefully donated). Also they seem to go a step further for going green- I noticed the coffee cups are recyclable. Friendly staff who know their stuff and a cute "cafe" environment. A few tables/music set up outside as well.

Pros: Great pastries, Huge selection of beverages, cute atmosphere

try the raw cakes!! - Edit

Called here for dessert after lunch at the Garden Grille on our RAW our of NE USA. A beautiful, light airy place with a decent amount of raw options. My partner had a shot of wheatgrass and I had a fireball shot (ginger, lemon juice and cayenne) which did the job. They had a good variaty of raw cakes including Coconut Cheesecake, Chocolate Ganache, Coconut Macaroons and Raw-reo's. We had the first two and they where out of this world, sat outside in the sun. They also had kale chips and raw lasagne to take away. Definitely worth a trip here.

Pros: raw cake, raw cake, raw kale chips

Decent - Edit

This place has become a regular for me, at least every other week I buy a bunch of desserts to go. I always get the red velvet cupcake and the peanut butter chocolate cupcake. I've had an issue with them being really dry several times, it seems to be a bit hit or miss. The scones are really, really good, so moist. The pecan roll is good, but can sometimes be dry. The cinnamon knot is delicious. The cookies are really good. I ordered a whole cake when they first opened and it was horribly dry! I chalked up to them just needing to work out kinks.
I've had a chai tea that was wicked good too.
Overall, I like this place enough to continue going back. They can be pretty expensive. I get really tired of getting dried out items though, they need to fix this issue. The sweetness of the items is spot on and they are generous when frosting their cupcakes, which I really appreciate. I love where they are located and they have a nice set up with large windows which keep it bright inside. They are dog-friendly, which is a huge perk.

Pros: Variety of items, Tasty goods

Cons: Expensive, Constantly dry desserts

Out-of-this-worldly decadent! - Edit

We have been here twice so far, both times after dinner at Garden Grille next door. They got so many mouth-watering cakes and pastries and cookies, which is problematic because we just can't easily decide on what to pick!

Have tried two cakes so far (coconut banana raspberry cake and a chocolate cake) and they were both dense and rich and insanely scrumptious! LOVE dense cakes. They also have couple savory items. Next time we will come here straight and have our whole meal here!

Pros: yummmmmm, clean setting

Cons: I don't live around!

Deliciously Vegan - Edit

Wow! I love it at Wildflour. I got Pnut butter brownie, raw-reo, raspberry and lemon bar and, Carrot Apple juice. Each of them were delicious, and even better vegan! The only issue is location. I thought it was weird. But over all, fabulous!

Pros: vegan, friendly workers

Cons: location

Heaven sent baked goods! - Edit

Wildflour is amazing. I've had the pleasure of trying their cupcakes (red velvet, peanut butter, coconut, candy bar, and double-chocolate); special occasion cakes (chocolate); cookies (molasses, peanut butter, sugar, and chocolate chip); and amazing breakfast scones ("cheddar" + broccoli, caramelized onion + rosemary, and spinach + mushroom). Each of these items has been devastatingly good. I know of no other vegan bakery that can rival the quality of these baked goods. The juices are kind of expensive, but overall this places gets an A+ with extra credit! Keep up the great work!

Pros: delicious, well-stocked, nice staff

Unbelievable - Edit

WildFlour has to be experienced to be believed. It was a bit overwhelming at first to see so many delectable treats and know that I can eat all of them without worry! It is absolutely amazing what they have done with this bakery. A fantastic addition to the area. I will be visiting every time I am in the area.

Pros: Excellent food, friendly staff, all vegan

Cons: some things are pricey

Delicious! - Edit

So excited for a vegan bakery! Recently tried this for the first time. The Peanut Butter cupcake was amazing. They also have vegan hot chocolate, a true rarity! I can't wait to go back and try something from the juice bar.

Pros: Vegan Hot chocolate, Lot's of baked goods

Cons: They have honey and cow's milk

Hooray Cupcakes! - Edit

Shove a cupcake in your mouth and smile. Treats so delicious your omnivore friends will weep for their sins and beg for forgiveness.

Pros: Taste, Cleanliness, Freshness

Return to Pawtucket Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wildflour Vegan Bakery and Juice Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.