India Restaurant

401-421-2600

1060 Hope St, Providence, Rhode Island, USA, 02906

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food restaurant with a bar. Has tofu on its menu.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by MariaPolky

Amazing Whole Food Plant Based HEALTHY dinner - Edit

I just came back from an amazing dinner with a group of friends. We were all vegan -prefering no oil and low sodium. India offers a FULL WFPB (whole food plant based) menu. We all tried different dishes and were blown away with the flavor. We shared appetisers and dessert. Everything was really good - I will be back soon.

For anyone looking for healthy plant based alternatives - this is the best restaurant I know of in PVD - with the largest selection.

Be sure to ask for their WFPB menu when you go.

I rated India a 5 - but because it is classified as veg friendly, the system would only accept a 4. This needs to be changed - it is totally vegan friendly!!

Pros: amazing selections, gorgeous location - also outdoor setting, great service

Cons: can't think of anything!

Just as good as a remember! - Edit

I live in NYC now, but grew up in RI and frequented India on a pretty regular basis back in the day. Growing up, I was a vegetarian and enjoyed all the delicious spinach and paneer options this establishment offered. As a vegan, I've struggled finding delicious Indian food in the city that doesn't consist of dairy, especially my beloved Naan. Thus, I was extremely pleased to learn that India not only offers a huge variety of well labeled vegan options but also VEGAN NAAN!

This place is just fantastic. The food is light and delicious, cooked without a lot of grease which I find abundant in most Indian cuisines. Also, the staff is amazing! I visited this past Sunday with my mom and her husband, a man that made it very clear to the staff that he did not want to be there, and our waitress was still super sweet and accommodating! Love you India! Thanks for being friendly and vegan. XOXO

Pros: Well labeled vegan options, Gluten free options, Friendly environment

mhmmm so spicy - Edit

This restaurant has clear little green Vs beside each dish that is vegan, and a half green V for dishes that CAN be vegan. I got the tofu vindaloo and it was delicious and probably the spiciest indian food I've ever had.

Seriously I love this place. The interior is also really beautiful and romantic :)

Return to Providence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has India Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.