First Review by kindlizard

So-so, overpriced, but some good choices - Edit

Like any other Whole Foods, it's an overpriced and somewhat greenwashed affair, with too much shiny stuff and not enough organics and, ironically, too much processed (i.e. *not* whole) foods.

But there are good things to be found if one reads labels carefully.

Natural Grocer's is a much better choice: similar selection, but only organic produce, and generally lower prices.

Cons: expensive

I love this WF! - Edit

I started going to this WF about 4 years ago, well before the area became such a trendy shopping district. I recently moved to the Belmar area and live only a few blocks away. I go to this WF at least once a week, as it is now my primary grocery store. I'm bummed that the previous reviewer had such a negative experience, no one should have to put up with such childish taunts. I get sandwiches and burritos here all the time and have never really had any issues having things made up vegan. They have Veganaise, Follow Your Heart cheese and tempeh available. There is also the Grill right next to the sandwich/burrito area that serves Amy's Quarter Pound Veggie Burger (vegan) with your choice of potato. The burger is cooked on a separate grill level from the chicken and beef. The gelato/sorbetto bar has several vegan flavors and the bakery usually has at least 2-3 vegan cookies available but typically the same three kinds (chocolate chip, tahini and my favorite, the everything cookie). There are various pre-packaged foods made in the store (egg rolls, wraps, salads, desserts etc) that are vegan, I love their veggie potstickers. The pizza bar makes great veggie pizzas, the sauce is fantastic! But if you want vegan cheese on it you have to buy the cheese of your choice first and then bring it to the pizza bar and they'll make it up for you, kind of a weird inconvenience. Its nice that everything has a label that lists all the ingredients. My SO and I went there for dinner tonight. Of the 8 soups on the soup bar only 1 was not veg (chicken tortilla) and 4 of them were vegan. I got the Mushroom and Barley and he got Chili, both $3.99 each. We shared and both were really good, each of us liking our own selection best. We each got a rosemary foccacia roll from the bakery at 79 cents a piece. The coffee shop Allegro offers not only soy but almond milk as well, but is more expensive than most coffee shops-even Starbucks! The hot food bar often has a pretty weak veg selection, mainly white rice and tofu or curry based recipes, half of which often contain dairy so I rarely get anything from there. Overall, I have had many good vegan breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks at this WF and will continue to frequent it.
4 Cows because they sell many animal products.

Pros: Healthy Organic Options, Excellent Food, Fast and Convenient

Cons: Variety Sometimes

Worst WF in Denver area - Edit

The staff here mocked me when I asked them to change their gloves from handling meat to my vegan sandwich. The entire deli area then teased as if to say they would put my tempeh where they placed the meat, and so forth. If I wasn't in such a hurry, I'd have brought it up to management. Dislike this place very strongly.

Cons: staff , staff, staff

Return to Lakewood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market - Wadsworth closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 570 times since Aug 2007.