First Review by EB456

Needs Work in The Prepared Foods Section - Edit

We've been shopping here for years, although these days we go to Westerly Market much more often. This store does a decent job of stocking basic vegan necessities in the coolers and so on, but there are some annoying issues with the front of the store hot foods section. For example, the vegan pizza options at the pizza station, how do I put this lightly? They suck. They used to be interested ,but for some reason, the decided to do away with Daiya cheese (that was a great option) and any vegan meat analogues, and when they did use Daiya they didn't know what the hell they were doing. Way too much. Anyway, onto the salad bar.

Not sure if there's an award for blandness, but if so, this salad bar wins, hands down. They must've done a ton of research to make this salad bar as bland as it is. And, it's overpriced.

Anyway, it's great to have a Whole Foods in the part of Manhattan, but it would be nice if they cared a little more about vegans in the prepared food section.
Updated from previous review on Monday February 23, 2015

Pros: Wide Selection of Packaged Foods

Cons: Anemic Vegan Options in Prepared Food

Was Just OK - Edit

I went here only once, but found a couple bargains when looking very closely. Most items there are super expensive, so if you're eating only organic foods, then expect to pay way more at this store. I just couldn't believe the prices on some things! On the other hand, you can come here to find some healthy vegan food products that are more difficult to find.

Pros: Sells some hard to find vegan foods., Good variety, Hot buffet meals

Cons: Overpriced, Expensive

Used to be good........ - Edit

I have gone to this Whole Foods weekly for many years and the quality and selection only continued to decline steadily over the years. I now go out of my way to drive an extra 10 minutes away to Whole Foods in Paramus. It is brand new and their vegan selection is awesome! Unlike WF Edgewater, they actually have the same items a week later. My Wife and I would constantly joke around with eachother whenever we found a cool new item at WF Edgewater because we knew it would not be there the following week and most of the time, we were right!

Stay away from this dive and hit WF Paramus, you won't be sorry!

Pros: Local, Convenient, Good Parking

Cons: Everything Else, Poor Selection, Diminished Raw Section

Return to Edgewater Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 471 times since Aug 2007.