Whole Foods Market - Couch

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 503-525-4343

1210 NW Couch St (at NW 12th Ave, Pearl District), Portland, Oregon, USA, 97209

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has deli, coffee bar, bakery, vitamins and nutritional supplements, fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, natural personal care products, environmentally friendly household products, grocery, and more. Mon-Sun 7:00am-11:00pm Open daily.

First Review by aubysmas

Standard Whole Foods - Edit

The downtown location is the only good thing about this Whole Foods. Everything else was pretty standard. Prices were on the high side as usual. If you are going to visit other parts of town, try to check out a New Seasons or a co-op. I found better selections and lower prices at these places. I love Whole Foods as much as the next person, but it did pale in comparison.

Pros: location

buffet, good variety - Edit

Big WF store, much buffet options which is cool because you decide what/how much to eat :) (then you can enhance it with other food bought there!).

Tables to seat and eat there, good people mood.

Pros: Inexpensive, Buffet, Opening hours

Cons: Also there: meat / chicken, etc

generous and welcoming - Edit

I could literally spend hours in this place. It's downtown location and underground store gave it a feel that no other whole foods has. the pizza guys were super nice and assisted me with the vegan pizza. everyone was super friendly.

Pros: food, customer service, location

Cons: pricey (like all whole foods), crowded, limited hours

quality WFs - Edit

I never saw a value for the lunch counter. They have a special here that gives a ton of food for much less than if you ordered it by the pound. That area of town doesn't have much in way of HF stores, and this place is over the top, even for WF. They put this place together beautifully. Also good parking. I think those who feel insecure here lack self-confidence, its fine, no one is eyeing anyone else here. Just relax and know this place is for you too.
Updated from previous review on Friday September 26, 2008

Pros: lunch value, spacious and well designed, parking

Designer Grocery Store - Edit

I love visiting Whole Foods. Yes, it's expensive. Yes, it's a large corporation. But I find that Whole Foods carries the most vegan frozen foods. When I visit the store, I buy soups and tea that are on sale. I also LOVE all of the vegan vitamins.

Pros: vegan variety

Cons: expensive, large corporation

Whole Foods - Edit

I was here in September 09 and am pleased to share my review of this Whole Foods Market on HappyCow.net. It was my first trip to Portland. I had mapped out a string of places I'd want to visit while here, and this was one of them because it was located near our hotel in downtown. We walked there for a few supplies.

The space is quite mellow and smaller than the giant Whole Foods locations I am used to shop at by my house in southern California. But it's well stocked with most of the usual offerings. There is also a coffee bar, hot foods, deli, and all that. There is even a section of coffee products including local roasters up on the second floor. We found local pears on sale, and that was a treat. Nice to find local Portland/Oregon suppliers here.

untitled - Edit

I also do not fit in as one reviewr pointed out but i did not feel watched..while the store feels a little cramped and i would have preferred to find the coop, for what it is it was a pretty good experience. there are a ton of vegan treats in the bakery and deli. just don't try to buy a can opener cause that will run you about 20 bucks. if you are driving make sure to park in the garage or it will take you forever to find parking. wholefoods will validate your parking. with two free hours you may even have time to run across the street to powells books. the customer service was good. there was even a guy handing out free vegan health drinks and the checker helped us find our way to voodoo doughnuts. i would go back if there wasn't a coop but knowing that there is i probably won't spend my money and support here again.

Pros: vegan options in deli., vegan options in bakery., good beer.

Cons: corporate., expensive., crowded.

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market - Couch closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1636 times since Aug 2007.