Vizio Virtu Cioccolateria

• Other
Contact +39-0412750149

Castello, 5988, Venice, Italy, CAP 30122

Chocolate maker offering options for vegans: dark chocolate bars, flavored dark chocolate bars (such as almond, violet, chili pepper, Sicilian salt), candy fruits covered in chocolate; cocoa beans; vegan dark chocolate ice cream in xummer. Moved here Jun 2015; previously on S. Polo 2898/A.

First Review by Jess McNeill

a vegan aware chocolate shop - Edit

It is great to have a chocolate/candy shop that is aware of their vegan options (rare in the USA in my experience!). I loved the chocolate covered fruit that we got here. There were a ton of dark chocolate bar options as well including a chocolate lilac bar that was awesome (and did not last long despite its large size!).

Pros: Vegan Aware, Lots of options

Chocolate-covered fruits worth it! - Edit

We came across this place by accident, and am I glad we did. The proprietress was able to point out the vegan options, which included a variety of bar chocolates, fruit candies, and chocolate covered fruits. While these are only three different types of chocolates, there was a lot of variety within them. We shared a chocolate bar with lilac (wow!), but the chocolate covered fruits were the highlight. I had an apricot, and it was unlike any chocolate covered fruit I have ever tasted. It was a gigantic apricot covered in a rich dark chocolate. My partner had the fig, but I didn't get to sample it because the fruits brought out our selfish sides and we didn't even share.

While you may long for some of the other non-vegan treats on display, I don't think you will be disappointed that you made the trip to Vizio Virtu.

Pros: chocolate covered fruits, creative bars, owner knows what is vegan

a little vegan dissapointed... :( - Edit

This place was beautiful. After a long walk to get there, we found out that most of this things in the place were not vegan. LOTS of vegetarian stuff though. The only truly vegan things were the dark chocolate bars and the sorbet. The sorbet was delicious though! If you are vegetarian, you'll be in heaven!

Pros: beautiful chocolate, large selection

Cons: few vegan options

Return to Venice Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vizio Virtu Cioccolateria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3030 times since Jul 2010.