Veganized

732-342-7412

9 Spring St, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA, 08901

Opened April 2015, this cafe offers a modern interpretation of vegan cuisine in a cirque aesthetic atmosphere. Everything made in-house, including cashew cheese and sweet potato buns. Serving wraps, sandwiches, entrees, and dessert. Weekend brunch. Upstairs seating available. Fair trade organic coffee. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by saraswatidasi

A "must go" if in the area - Edit

We ate here for the first time last year and made it a point to stop back when in town visiting family recently. We've had the deluxe burger, hot dog, soup of the day (creamy sweet potato on this visit). Entrees are well prepared using whole foods and good portions. Presentation is excellent. So many choices you want to order more than one entree. Pricey though, so be prepared to spend. But we love supporting this little vegan slice of heaven. Cozy upstairs eating area, very friendly service. Side street parking can be tough but to be expected in Jersey. We'll be back!

Pros: Great menu and food, Friendly service

Cons: Pricey, Wish they had other "cheese" sauce options

Exceptional food options and Staff - Edit

We had the mushroom appetizer, burger, Mac and cheese, med polenta and Reuben. Everything was exceptional. Third visit in two years and they keep upping their game.

Tasty and Beautifully Presented - Edit

Saved me on a recent business trip to New Brunswick.

My Favorite Vegan Restaurant - Edit

I live quite far from Veganized (Long Island) and yet have made it a point to get there many times in the last year. The food is incredible. The vegan mac and cheese is amazing and the lentil burger is perhaps the best I've had. I am always impressed with how friendly the wait staff is and the owner has always been on premises and is great to talk to as well. I do wish they had more selections, especially for my picky 6 year old. If we time it right, he can get pancakes that are great! I highly recommend this place.

Great Food! - Edit

This is one of our favorite Vegan restaurants. The food and service are great. Some of our favorites are the Rawzagna, the grilled oyster mushrooms, and the Beetle Rawvioli. We eat here any time we are in New Brunswick.

Cons: none!

Favorite New Restaurant - Edit

This place is one of the best vegan spots I've been to, including Philly and NYC. My wife and I have tried about 10 menu items and every one of them was well cooked and flavorful.

The staff is very friendly and you can tell that the servers and chefs are all passionate about their restaurant. It's clean and in a good location, but it may take a few minutes to park.

The best praise I can give is that we went three times in less than three weeks.

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-27

Pros: Delicious food, Menu items that are hard to find, Incredibly friendly staff

Very expensive but good food - Edit

$16 for a burger and $2 extra for cheese making it $18 for a burger! I mean this place is expensive !!
I also felt that they put too much oil in their food.
But I liked the taste overall.

Pros: Tasty food, Good variety

Cons: Very expensive, Food is a bit too oily

Overall very nice - Edit

Seating area is a little cramped but it's a city so what can you expect? I liked the atmosphere here. The food was very good and well presented, but most items on the menu contain mushrooms and neither I nor my partner like mushrooms. So I'm sure the food would be fantastic for someone who does! Overall a nice place but not for us.

Pros: good food

Cons: but mushroomy

Great food, but... - Edit

My family really likes the food here, especially the Mackin Cheeze and desserts. Service is friendly, if a tad slow. But the parking in downtown New Brunswick is near impossible. Veganized is also pricey for casual dining. And the biggest drawback for us is the creepy old-time circus pictures all over the restaurant. Sepia-toned contortionists, clowns, and Siamese twins, oh my. Creeeeeepy.

Excellent with wonderful service! - Edit

Best vegan mac and cheese I've ever had and enormous portions. Ambience is very casual and really not that great but the food more than makes up for it. The servers were so helpful explaining the menu to non-vegans.

The best of the best! - Edit

Creative, healthy options. Outstanding service. Worth a trip from anywhere.

Proceed with Caution - Edit

First the food and service were very good. Everything was so fresh and organic. I had the lentil burger and it melted in your mouth. Portions are huge, including the side salad and they are very generous with the dressing (most vegan places you have to ask for "more dressing."). They have several flavors of Kevita kombucha and -- and organic coffee.

Now, the down side ... There is no parking on premises and you have to park on the street. I had to interrupt my meal and go out twice to put quarters in the meter.

Their his/hers bathroom only fit one person, so in order not to get a parking ticket, I had to skip the bathroom and drive 30 minutes back to my home holding my pee.

Upstairs, where you dine is very tight. Tables are on top of each other. You have to talk loud to be heard and it feels like tables were competing with conversation. The music was excellent, but too loud.

The weirdest thing is that you have to go downstairs to pay for your meal, which really took away from the luxury of being served. It's nice when a waitress takes your card or money for you. So it felt a little like self service, which took away from the dining experience.

Also, this is really bad, they have infused water -- with strawberries, and I am allergic to strawberries. I broke out in hives and told the manager. He just apologized and that was the best he could do. Not cool. I told him I was going to give him a "two star" review on Yelp and he didn't seem to care.

I do not think I'll come back.

Pros: Delicious Food, Organic, Vegan

Cons: Too noisy, Not specific about allergy foods, Owner not cool

Very good vegan food made with love - Edit

I've been here a few times and each time I've enjoyed eating there. The wait staff can be hit or miss when it comes to giving your attentive service but they're always friendly and the food comes quick once your order is placed. The burger has an excellent taste though I wish the onions and tomatoes were sliced thinner so it was easier to eat. But the flavor is on-point. The sauteed kale is great. It appears that everything here is homemade and made with great care and love. The cost is on the higher side but as they say "you get what you pay for" and you're getting top notch, high quality food. It's healthy and doesn't sacrifice taste to be so. The cashew cheese with the sweet potatoes wedges is great. All-in-all it's a great place to eat and possibly the best vegan spot in all of NJ. I keep going back wanting to try all the new things on their menu.

Pros: Healthy food full of flavor, Passionate owner, Great menu

Cons: A little expensive, Wait staff can forget about you on occasion

One of my favorite restaurants EVER! - Edit

I stopped in while driving through town and wanted to order everything on their huge menu! The four things I got were all mouth-watering AMAZING!!! The owner works right behind the counter and is so friendly! I wish I lived close enough to be a regular.

very tasty - Edit

had the lentil burger - great texture, even better taste. it's too juicy and saucy to pick up and eat on the bun, but so worth it. followed up with coffee - very well brewed, and a slice of "cheese" cake. everything is made from scratch by a very competent chef and you can taste the skill.

Pros: extensive menu, all weekend brunch menu

Delicious and Friendly! - Edit

I convinced some omni friends to have a meal with me here and they haven't stopped talking about how much they liked the food since! There was construction going on down the street so it initially was a little harder to find on foot, but was definitely well worth the effort of tracking down.
To start, we were served mint and strawberry infused water which was very tasty. They have a number of vegan beverages to choose from, including juices and an organic root beer! My friend had the portabello burger which was seasoned extremely well and came on a soft bun. He has been asking when we can go back and try more things there since. I had the tempeh reuben sandwich which was equally delicious with a vegan russian dressing and sauerkraut to finish it. It was served with sweet potato wedges and a cashew cream sauce to dip them in. My boyfriend had a side of shoestring fries and enjoyed those as well, but he definitely loved the portabello burger as well.
Our waiter was also extremely friendly and the experience as a whole was very good. We will definitely be coming back and adding Veganized into our "eating out rotation". (:

Pros: delicious food, reasonable price, friendly staff

Cons: limited seating, hard to find

delicious - Edit

We planned to stop at Veganized on a road trip to Boston. The food was delicious and the service was friendly and helpful. They pay a lot of attention to detail which comes through in everything from the infused water to the homemade cashew cream sauce on their flatbread.
We had a wrap, a flatbread, a sandwich and fries that were all yummy. When we told them we were traveling, they quickly packaged up our dessert so we could enjoy it later. Also, considering that it's a holiday, we appreciated that they could keep us moving along.

Pros: delicious food, variety of choices, friendly staff

Cons: the dining room is upstairs.

BEST vegan restaurant ever! - Edit

I have eaten at vegan restaurants up and down the east coast and Veganized has by far surpassed them all. From atmosphere, to excellent service, incredible food and ambiance, it truly was worth every penny. I had the Deluxe burger with sweet potato fries and the bananarama and my boyfriend has the mackin cheeze and bananarama and we literally scraped our plates. I can't recommend this place enough, you will not be disappointed.

Pros: Customer service , Quality and value, Friendliness

Cons: Really busy on Saturday night so make reservations

Return to New Brunswick Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veganized closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.