Vega-Life

• Veg Shop Veg Shop
  • Vegan
Contact 0206204097

Singel 110, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1015 AE

All vegan store offering a variety of products including shoes, t-shirts, sweaters, body care products, books, and snacks. Previously located on Blauwburgwal. Open Mon 12:00pm-6:00pm, Tue-Fri 10:00am-6:00pm, Sat 10:00am-5:00pm.

First Review by gemmer

Online store - Edit

I bought some shoes online : It took few days before having a confirmation mail, but the shoes finally arrived after a week (I'm living in France).
No problem apart this problem of confirmation mail.
Shoes are "made in england" and seemed to be of good quality.

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-06

Pros: fast shipment, quality products (apparently)

Cons: no "immediate"confirmation mail after online order

vegan shop - Edit

Incredibly friendly staff who were happy to help me and tell a lot about themselves and their store. They have loads of vegan stuff from clothes to cosmetics. I walked out with a pair of ballerinas who are still going strong. Definitely worth the return!

Pros: Everything

Cons: a little expensive, but worth the quality

Vegan shop - Edit

First of all the owner is really friendly and helpful, she always shares tips and information and knows everything about the products she sells.
Everything is vegan, they sell: shoes (male/ female), clothes, underwear, vitamines& supplements, pet food, chocolate/ sweets, ice cream, books, tote bags etc.
Unfortunately my cats didn't like the cat food, but I'm definitely going back soon for a nice pair of shoes :)

Pros: Everything vegan, Owner is friendly and helpful, They have quite a lot

Cons: Small shop

Great vegan shoes and more - Edit

When I was living in Amsterdam, I regularly came here to get my beauty products, snacks, books and sometimes shoes. Now, I don't live there anymore, so I only come once or twice a year. I really like their collection of shoes. In addition, they sell some high-quality clothes and have a nice collection of vegan beauty products, vitamins, books and tasty bars. I recommend any vegan that goes to Amsterdam to visit this place.

Pros: 100% vegan, In the centre, Friendly owner and staff

Cons: Small, Closed Sunday, Pricey

Nice - Edit

It is good for vegan clothing in Amsterdam. I bought shoes because my shoes were in a bad condition due to heavy rain. This store saved my life, but the shoes were not comfortable. Since I got back from Amsterdam, I have not worn them much. I also bought a cloth bag (probably hand-painted, with a nice picture of a pig shouting), which is very durable and I use it a lot under any weather condition. Shop staff was neither rude nor warm, but OK. It may be hard to find such vegan clothing shops in some other European cities, so it did not matter for me that it was not large.

CUTE! :) - Edit

I stumbled upon this place by accident, and I am glad I did! They have a very nice selection of vegan shoes & products as well. I got a really cool deodorant and a face wash for 18EURO which I gather for organic and vegan stuff is really good! The lady in the shop was really nice as well. Definitely a fun find!

nice but very small - Edit

First of all, the store is really nice, as well as the staff. But the variant of clothing is limited, and it's not very cheap! You can find better places in Berlin or even my hometown (Muenster, Germany). But this is all Amsterdam seems to provide in puncto vegan shoes, and cloths. To put it in a nutshell it's nice, but I've seen way better.

Pros: the store itself, staff, products

Cons: expensive, limited range of products

Love at first sight - Edit

Vega-life is an amazing shop selling high quality products at very good prices. Really friendly staff and located near the city centre. If I lived in Amsterdam I would go back regularly!

Pros: Reasonably priced, Products of high quality, Friendly staff

Ice cream! - Edit

As an ice cream lover, and someone who enjoys variety and interesting tastes, this place was brilliant! If you're travelling, you can buy the small tubs (spoon included), although the selection of small ones doesn't include every flavour. The coffee one was my favourite :)

Worth for shoes alone - Edit

If I lived closer I would have been a regular guest. This shop is tiny but they still have an amazing selection. Most of all the shoes. I finally found some hiking boots that are comfortable! I have unusual feet, so ordering shoes online is just no option for me, I need to try at least 10 pairs before one fits properly.
They also have cosmetics, books, clothing, accessories... etc.

What a variety! - Edit

Having huge problems to find my VS Spider XT in Germany (in black, my size *and* under €140!) I overheard a conversation in the Vegabond Café about a store nearby. Thanks to the owner I got exact directions - et voilá: New shoes at a decent price!
If I'd live nearby, I'd come here more often, but sadly, Amsterdam is a bit far away...

Pros: Large variety, Decent prices, Kind owner

Need new vegan shoes? Go there! - Edit

We find this veggie place completely by random during a storm. And what a great place! They have a wide range of different shoes, perfectly know their products and are very helpful and friendly. The shop also sell belts, t-shirts, wallets, bags, books and vegan ice creams! Where I didn't find the shoes and the belt I wanted in Avesu, Berlin, I find it there in Amsterdam. I've bought McBeth shoes and a vegetarian shoes belt at fair prices.

The shop is well located, not far from Vegabond and Dr Blend. It's like a vegan neighborhood! Sure to come back here to see what's new here at my next stay in Amsterdam.

Pros: huge choice of vegan shoes and stuff, friendly and knowledgeable staff, fair prices

Great store for vegan & vegetarian merchandise - Edit

Every time I am in Amsterdam I visit Vega-Life to see what's new. They have a wide selection of shoes - whether you need an every-day shoe, hiking boots or a fine pair of shoes that fits under a suit. Back home I got positive comments on the suit-shoes I bought here and you should have seen their faces when I told them it was a vegan shoe made of recycled material!

Besides the many pairs of shoes that I have bought here, there is also the occasional t-shirt or other merchandise like books or vitamins.

The shop owners are very friendly and very knowledgeable about all the products they sell. They can tell you anything about the origins of the product and the material used.

If you're in Amsterdam this is a must-visit!

Pros: Wide collection of shoes, Knowledgeable staff

Little bit of everything - Edit

Small shop right in the city centre selling vegetarian shoes, bamboo clothes, drinks, Fairtrade snacks and vegan ice-cream, vegetarian cookery books and natural toiletries and cosmetics. It is amazing to me how they manage to fit such a wide selection into such a small place!

Pros: location

Cute store, lots of vegan items - Edit

This is a nice little store in a great location in Amsterdam that sells clothing, shoes, toiletries, and some food items.

They have a wide range of vegan shoes, from sneakers to dress shoes, and lots of shirts/jackets/sweatshirts. There is also a section for bath products, pet toys and some frozen food items to cook at home.

Definitely a great store.

Pros: All-vegan, Vegan shoes

Vega-life - a great place in Amsterdam - Edit

I saw it on my walk around in Jordan. I went in there, and it was like heaven for vegans. Unfortunately, I didn't need new shoes or boots at that moment, but all of them looked really nice. They had a small snack and vegetarian meat-section with very cheap raw fruit-bars and vegan white chocolate and substitute milk chocolate. I also found a free vega-map where all vegan, vegetarian and vegan-friendly places in Amsterdam were plotted in on a map with a little description of them. Very useful.

Pros: Vegan chocolate and snacks, Vega-map, Has a lot of vegan stuff

go for shoes, stay for extras - Edit

The shoe selection is pretty decent, but geared towards the "earthy" set (mostly sneakers, hiking boots and canvas type shoes) and they have some basic clothing and bags (also earthy). However, my favorite was the lovely eclectic mix of "extras" in back including vegan white chocolate (first I ever saw) and some very nice nailpolish (in unusual colors) and creams and such. Also, in heart of Amsterdam and owner lady is super-nice - definitely worth a visit.

Pros: Extras: creams, makeup, chocolate, Nice staff / atmosphere, Location

Cons: Limited shoe styles (mostly earthy)

It's amazing! - Edit

They carried some very nice shoes and t-shirts, and lots of other items (clothes, toiletries etc).
There were just a few food items, including some vegan white chocolate. :p
It's like a heaven for vegans, definitely worth visiting. Even if everything is quite expensive, I am always happy to support such independent shops.

Pros: All vegan, Very nice shoes, good selection, Lots of other stuff

Cons: Expensive..

If only I needed shoes - Edit

I stumbled across vega life by accident after eating in Bolhoed. It is an amazin shop. All vegan, full of clothes and shoes. There are some creams and a small selection of food. As I was travelling light and on holidays creams were no use, shoes were not on my list of items to buy but the selection is excellent. I would have loved to have seen more food as I would definitely have purchased any vegan goodies. It reminded me of a bigger version of Londons Secret Society of vegans without the self publicity and food. Next time I'm saving for some shoes as stores like this deserve our custom

Pros: great selection of footwear, all vegan, nice staff

Cons: not enough food

Full of Good Stuff - Edit

Set in an idyllic location between Prinsengracht and Keizersgracht in beautiful Jordaan this is a vegan shoppers' paradise. I hope they do well but on our two visits here we were the only people who came through the door. On sale is a good range of vegan clothing and footwear products. A lot of the items are imported from the UK and USA (Vegetarian Shoes, Ethical wares and Macbeth Vegan Products etc) hence the high prices but they do have sale items and reductions. They also sell fridge magnets, books, ethical toiletries and bathroom products. Definitely worth a visit when in Amsterdam

Pros: range of products

Cons: prices

Great shop! - Edit

This store is a gem - shoes, clothes, food, books... I wish there were more shops like this one in other countries in Europe! Great selection of vegan shoes, including some beautiful pairs by Novacas. Easily accesible too as it is centrally located.

They have a lot of vegan products! - Edit

This is the place to go to in Amsterdam for almost any vegan item - I'm sure if they don't have what you're looking for they'd probably order it. It's not a big store, but they carry a ton of product such as clothing (i.e. shirts, socks, panties, belts, etc.), shoes, random food items, creams/lotions, etc. It's a good place to check out for sure, and everything is vegan!

Pros: Everything is vegan

Keep it coming! - Edit

Vega-Life is a great place- lots and lots of selection when it comes to shoes. They also have quite a few other options for clothing, including organic, fair-trade undies and socks. good selection of vegan cosmetics and even great postcards! This place is a gem =)

Return to Amsterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vega-Life closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.