Vega-Life

• Vegan-store Veg Shop
  • Vegan
0206204097

Singel 110, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1015 AE

All vegan store offering a variety of products including shoes, t-shirts, sweaters, body care products, books, and snacks. Previously located on Blauwburgwal. Open Mon 12:00pm-6:00pm, Tue-Fri 10:00am-6:00pm, Sat 10:00am-5:00pm.

First Review by gemmer

Cool place to shop - Edit

I stumbled upon this place trying to find the Anne Frank Haus. So happy I did! Nice staff, very helpful and knowledgeable. I found a perfect shirt while there.

Updated from previous review on 2017-04-19

Pros: topnotch staff, great items

Cons: not one con!!!

Online store - Edit

I bought some shoes online : It took few days before having a confirmation mail, but the shoes finally arrived after a week (I'm living in France).
No problem apart this problem of confirmation mail.
Shoes are "made in england" and seemed to be of good quality.

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-06

Pros: fast shipment, quality products (apparently)

Cons: no "immediate"confirmation mail after online order

vegan shop - Edit

Incredibly friendly staff who were happy to help me and tell a lot about themselves and their store. They have loads of vegan stuff from clothes to cosmetics. I walked out with a pair of ballerinas who are still going strong. Definitely worth the return!

Pros: Everything

Cons: a little expensive, but worth the quality

great vegan shop ! - Edit

shoes, clothes, make up, some food ...and the owners are really kind and helpful

Nice vegan shop - Edit

Nice little vegan shop with clothing and accessories. Friendly and service minded staff.

Pros: Nice selection of clothes

Vegan shop - Edit

First of all the owner is really friendly and helpful, she always shares tips and information and knows everything about the products she sells.
Everything is vegan, they sell: shoes (male/ female), clothes, underwear, vitamines& supplements, pet food, chocolate/ sweets, ice cream, books, tote bags etc.
Unfortunately my cats didn't like the cat food, but I'm definitely going back soon for a nice pair of shoes :)

Pros: Everything vegan, Owner is friendly and helpful, They have quite a lot

Cons: Small shop

Great vegan shoes and more - Edit

When I was living in Amsterdam, I regularly came here to get my beauty products, snacks, books and sometimes shoes. Now, I don't live there anymore, so I only come once or twice a year. I really like their collection of shoes. In addition, they sell some high-quality clothes and have a nice collection of vegan beauty products, vitamins, books and tasty bars. I recommend any vegan that goes to Amsterdam to visit this place.

Pros: 100% vegan, In the centre, Friendly owner and staff

Cons: Small, Closed Sunday, Pricey

Great shop - Edit

They sell mainly vegan shoes, clothes, chocolate, cosmetics and also ice cream. And Mirjam is a very nice lady with a great knowledge about veganism and where to go.

Nice - Edit

It is good for vegan clothing in Amsterdam. I bought shoes because my shoes were in a bad condition due to heavy rain. This store saved my life, but the shoes were not comfortable. Since I got back from Amsterdam, I have not worn them much. I also bought a cloth bag (probably hand-painted, with a nice picture of a pig shouting), which is very durable and I use it a lot under any weather condition. Shop staff was neither rude nor warm, but OK. It may be hard to find such vegan clothing shops in some other European cities, so it did not matter for me that it was not large.

CUTE! :) - Edit

I stumbled upon this place by accident, and I am glad I did! They have a very nice selection of vegan shoes & products as well. I got a really cool deodorant and a face wash for 18EURO which I gather for organic and vegan stuff is really good! The lady in the shop was really nice as well. Definitely a fun find!

nice but very small - Edit

First of all, the store is really nice, as well as the staff. But the variant of clothing is limited, and it's not very cheap! You can find better places in Berlin or even my hometown (Muenster, Germany). But this is all Amsterdam seems to provide in puncto vegan shoes, and cloths. To put it in a nutshell it's nice, but I've seen way better.

Pros: the store itself, staff, products

Cons: expensive, limited range of products

Love at first sight - Edit

Vega-life is an amazing shop selling high quality products at very good prices. Really friendly staff and located near the city centre. If I lived in Amsterdam I would go back regularly!

Pros: Reasonably priced, Products of high quality, Friendly staff

Ice cream! - Edit

As an ice cream lover, and someone who enjoys variety and interesting tastes, this place was brilliant! If you're travelling, you can buy the small tubs (spoon included), although the selection of small ones doesn't include every flavour. The coffee one was my favourite :)

Worth for shoes alone - Edit

If I lived closer I would have been a regular guest. This shop is tiny but they still have an amazing selection. Most of all the shoes. I finally found some hiking boots that are comfortable! I have unusual feet, so ordering shoes online is just no option for me, I need to try at least 10 pairs before one fits properly.
They also have cosmetics, books, clothing, accessories... etc.

What a variety! - Edit

Having huge problems to find my VS Spider XT in Germany (in black, my size *and* under €140!) I overheard a conversation in the Vegabond Café about a store nearby. Thanks to the owner I got exact directions - et voilá: New shoes at a decent price!
If I'd live nearby, I'd come here more often, but sadly, Amsterdam is a bit far away...

Pros: Large variety, Decent prices, Kind owner

Need new vegan shoes? Go there! - Edit

We find this veggie place completely by random during a storm. And what a great place! They have a wide range of different shoes, perfectly know their products and are very helpful and friendly. The shop also sell belts, t-shirts, wallets, bags, books and vegan ice creams! Where I didn't find the shoes and the belt I wanted in Avesu, Berlin, I find it there in Amsterdam. I've bought McBeth shoes and a vegetarian shoes belt at fair prices.

The shop is well located, not far from Vegabond and Dr Blend. It's like a vegan neighborhood! Sure to come back here to see what's new here at my next stay in Amsterdam.

Pros: huge choice of vegan shoes and stuff, friendly and knowledgeable staff, fair prices

Great store for vegan & vegetarian merchandise - Edit

Every time I am in Amsterdam I visit Vega-Life to see what's new. They have a wide selection of shoes - whether you need an every-day shoe, hiking boots or a fine pair of shoes that fits under a suit. Back home I got positive comments on the suit-shoes I bought here and you should have seen their faces when I told them it was a vegan shoe made of recycled material!

Besides the many pairs of shoes that I have bought here, there is also the occasional t-shirt or other merchandise like books or vitamins.

The shop owners are very friendly and very knowledgeable about all the products they sell. They can tell you anything about the origins of the product and the material used.

If you're in Amsterdam this is a must-visit!

Pros: Wide collection of shoes, Knowledgeable staff

Little bit of everything - Edit

Small shop right in the city centre selling vegetarian shoes, bamboo clothes, drinks, Fairtrade snacks and vegan ice-cream, vegetarian cookery books and natural toiletries and cosmetics. It is amazing to me how they manage to fit such a wide selection into such a small place!

Pros: location

Return to Amsterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vega-Life closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.