Valencia Whole Foods

• Health Store
Contact 415-285-0231

999 Valencia St (at corner of 21st, Mission District), San Francisco, California, USA, 94110

A neighborhood health food store that's been in business since early 1990s. Very vegetarian and vegan friendly. While the store is small-moderate in size, it is well-stocked.

First Review by Chia

Lots of vegan products in a small store - Edit

I visited 4 health stores like this one in San Fransisco, and while this one was good, it was my least favorite of the 4. You could find pretty much everything you could want in there as a vegan, but it was the most expensive of the stores I visited, so I would only shop there on those occasions when you just need to quickly grab one thing. Also the fruit and veg selection wasn't great. I thought some of the other small stores in the area were better.

Pros: Chairs outside to enjoy your juice , To go snacks and drinks, Frozen/fridge vegan products

Cons: Prices higher than elsewere

Good Vibes - Edit

On a recent trip to San Francisco I came across this place while eating and checking out nearby vegetarian restaurants. What a pleasant surprise, a great find. Here's my Valencia Whole Foods review.

The store is at the corner of Valencia and 21st, and the woman who worked there told me it's been in business for 20 years. The store is a good size, and it's very well stocked with a wide range of food and products.

I was pleased to see that the salad bar is all veg (did not see any meat). There is meat in a frozen/chill case, otherwise, everything else seemed to be vegan and/or vegetarian. Great fresh produce section, all organic.

Laid back, positive vibes.

Return to San Francisco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Valencia Whole Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 696 times since Dec 2011.