First Review by Healthy4life

Super Questionable - Edit

So, we jaunt on into this little bakery, and see all types of items on shelves, in refrigerated cabinets...on the counter. But not one packaged item had any ingredients listed on it. The brochure they have at the counter vaguely commented on baking without refined sugars, with healthy oils and unrefined flours. There were NO lists on what they actually did use. The staff didn't seem knowledgeable. If one has ever met a vegan (and I have) reading ingredients is practically our #1 hobby. I wouldn't dare buy any food item without knowing what was in it. Made a trip to the bathroom and saw all types of boxed foods...not organic or unrefined items either. Super questionable, man.

Cons: No Ingredients Listed On Packaged Foods, No Ingredients listed on Brochure, No Ingredients Listed anywhere

Vegan, Gluten-free and Allergy friendly! - Edit

Hail to Wholesome Foods Bakery! Delicious vegan, organic, gluten-free and allergy friendly baked goods! The owners have Celiac and are lactose intolerant. They have flexible allergy friendly menu options to fit all your special diet needs! I love the vegan, soy-free, corn-free, oat-free, yeast-free, sugar-free breads, muffins, buns, pizza crust, muffins and cake. Love this place! It is much better than the breads in the freezer section at Whole Foods. They also make breads with yeast that fit all my allergy needs as well.

Make sure you eat in the cafe. They have delicious cinnamon rolls. You can call a day ahead and pre-order specific allergy friendly options to enjoy the next morning in the cafe. They usually have something I can eat and I have so many allergies!

Pros: vegan options, allergy-friendly, organic

Cons: none, none, none

Hail to Wholesome Foods Bakery - Edit

I love Wholesome Food Bakery! I discovered this organic, gluten-free, mostly vegan bakery, a few days ago. I found heaven! They have everything I need for my allergies: gluten-free, soy-free, corn-free, sugar-free, yeast-free, egg-free and dairy free breads, buns, rolls, cakes and more! I could not be happier! Their menu is flexible. They have so many options to accommodate multiple food allergies! Wholesome Foods Bakery makes delicious products! I am hooked!

I pasted below what their website says.

We are a gluten-free, soy-free, all-natural and organic bakery. We offer a wide array of vegan yummy home-made Sweet Breads, Yeast Breads, Muffins, Treats and convenient on the go FoodBars and Crunch. All of our products are made in the healthiest way possible; using healthy fats, unrefined sugars, and complex carbohydrates. Gluten-free, Soy-free Preservative-free, egg-free, and often Dairy-free, our goodies will please all of your family and friends! Try them, you'll never know they're gluten-free and nutritious; you'll just find them to be delicious!
Now featuring an organic coffee and tea bar! Not your average cup o' joe. Organic and Fair Trade, optioins of Organic Almond, or Coconut Milk, and all Organic Unrefined sweeteners and syrups. Come in today to enjoy a latte and fresh vegan, gluten-free muffin or cinnamon roll while having a seat at our new bistro tables!

We now offer custom cakes and cupcakes. Call us to see what's available and place an order today! Also, come in to check out our new Sandwich Breads, Hamburger Buns, Pizza Crust, Frozen Cookie Dough, and much much more!!

Pros: organic, mostly vegan options, gluten-free, allergy-friendly

Cons: none, none, none

Return to Dallas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Unrefined Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1621 times since Jul 2011.