First Review by bird0540

Don't get what you pay for - Edit

IMHO, all Central Markets can be a little pricey, and this one is no different. On the plus side, if you need it, they probably have it, even if it is kind of random. Case in point, I often go here for buckwheat because WF's bulk buckwheat is often still a little green, not the ripe brown color it's supposed to be. They've got a wide selection of bulk products ranging from herbs, spices, teas, candies, grains etc. You can easily go to town with all of their great selections and then get a surprise once you get up to the counter (I got 3 or 4 items and I'm up to $50?). Hit or miss with the staff. They're usually knowledgeable but not always super friendly. I'd honestly rather go to the farmer's market, WF or TJ.

Pros: Selection of bulk foods, Large store

Cons: Expensive

Pretty Good - Edit

Loud place to eat. Atmosphere is important to me. When eating raw vegan it seems like my portions are typically large. The food bar being "price per pound" may be a disadvantage financially. I think hummus must be heavy because the weight was heavy on the scale at check out but was all vegetables and legumes. Staff did not seem happy.

Pros: Vegan Choices, Several Hummus options, Pretty Fresh

Cons: Loud and crowded, Expensive by the pound, No friendly staff

Return to Dallas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Central Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 579 times since Feb 2010.