Twisted Root Burger

Contact 806-797-0532

116 W Loop 289, Lubbock, Texas, USA, 79416

Serves meat, vegan options available. Franchise burger joint. Offers a vegan patty, lots of add-on toppings, a pickle bar. Could build-your-own burger. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by KatieB

Delicious Vegan Burger - Edit

Outstanding vegan housemade patty made with black beans, chickpeas, and quinoa. Has 1 specialty burger on menu that's vegan, the Vegabond, that is topped with avocado and siracha. Otherwise you can build your own with various toppings. The pickle bar alone was worth the stop!

The only vegan burger in Lubbock? - Edit

I'm just visiting, so I lack the knowledge that local veg*ns may have, but I couldn't find anything on HC, so after an exhaustive internet search, I finally found a vegan burger patty at Twisted Root. It's right by the new Alamo Drafthouse, which is a great location, and it has outdoor seating, and a fabulous pickle bar with several flavors.

The patty is made with black beans, quinoa, and chickpeas, and after my first bite I was a little alarmed that there might be cheese in it. Luckily a manager was walking by and asked how it was. I checked with him, and he assured me there is NO cheese, or dairy, and that the flavor comes from the hummus(the chickpeas weren't whole). The flavor was great, and they had lots of toppings to choose from, so I added pickled red onion, guacamole, lettuce, tomato, and dill pickles. I could have eaten another. It's definitely the best option I've found here so far. They also have local beer, a house root beer, and they use compostable materials. One thing that was fun was they assign you a name to know when your burger is up, and they're all fun things like "Kim Possible," or "My Fairy Godmother."

One thing that I did find unpleasant was a sticker stuck to the counter near the checkout that said, "Vegans are just wrong." I almost walked right out, but instead, I politely told the manager that it was offensive, especially since they sell a vegan burger. He seemed to listen without being defensive, so that's a start. I may not have listed this place in a city with more options, but here in Lubbock it seems like every little bit helps.

Pros: Pickle Bar!, Great tasting burger , Eco-friendly cups/trays/etc.

Cons: Mostly meat based, Offensive sticker at counter

Return to Lubbock Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Twisted Root Burger closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.