The Garden Kafe at The Yoga Barn

• Veg-friendly
Contact +62361971236

Jalan Raya Pengosekan, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia, 80571

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe tucked away from the main street. Offers choices in vegetarian, vegan, and raw food. Has smoothies, fresh juices, raw desserts, and a menu for detox and Ayurvedic rejuvenation. Rice field view dining overlooking the terraced lawn and amphitheater of The Yoga Barn. Free Wi-Fi and newspaper.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Raw, Western, Buffet, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by Moix

Another potential - Edit

The best cold brew coffee I've had so far in Bali and Australia along with best wheatgrass shot. Second time coming - soy caramel latte was a bit of a let down. Food was average - though made me feel really good inside hence the 4 star. Some fine tuning needed.

Pros: Good at alternative options, well priced, comfy, good energies, So many activities

Cons: Food can be better

Disappointed by lack of vegan options - Edit

Menu states that it is "mostly vegan vegetarian" but aside from raw vegan section, few vegan options are clearly labeled. Staff is not very well versed on what can be made vegan. I had a veggie burger which was served on a pita and came out quite dry. It came with a small side salad and for almost $5, did not come close to filling me up. I had to order another dish.

Pros: Beautiful setting Free wifi

Cons: Veggie burger was the least filling thing we order

This place is not all vegan - Edit

I had high hopes for this place. We ordered a salad that had avocado in it because it was the only one containing avocado, when it arrived it didn't have any avo in it. When I asked they said oh yah we don't have avos right now because they are out of season. I have been eating avos almost every day here. Most places have them. Then when I explained that this was the reason I ordered, the waitress didn't know what to do, then the head waitress came over and asked me what the problem was. I told her, and she just said sorry we don't have. I said I wouldn't have ordered this if you would have told me that you don't have avos. She didn't care, then I asked if I could have olives instead and she said no they are too expensive. Then I told her it was not ok and she said, ok I will take 10% off of the salad. The soba plate I ordered was supposed to have ponzu sauce on it, which is a 5 flavor Asian sauce. It tasted like straight soya sauce. The portion was small and it was the most expensive item on the menu, so I thought it would be a good portion, but it wasn't. The drinks were too expensive, and they serve a lot of dairy and had meat specials even though it is listed as vegan.

Great food and fantastic dessert - Edit

Visited September 2013. Nice place a little bit tricky to find.
With a good variety of dishes available, including a lot of vegan options. The vegan desserts are sensational! I ate there twice and and was a very relaxing restaurant to be :)

Delicious, healthy food. - Edit

I went here about 8 months ago so my review won't be too detailed. The food was fantastic here but I remember one of the dishes contained honey. Perhaps their menu is 100% vegan now. If you're into clean eating this place is for you. They had a diverse menu with a lot of raw options. The cafe was a bit tricky to get to as you have to walk down an alley way for a while then go through the yogabarn reception to get there. You just have to look for a small sign that has yogabarn written on it to know which alley way to walk down. Then it's not too hard from there.

Spacious, peaceful - Edit

Visited May 2013. A little tricky to find as it's off the main street & tucked away within the Yoga Barn complex. This is a fantastic place to lounge, read the paper & enjoy fresh raw meals. It's spacious with outdoor, undercover seating, small cushioned huts which are cozy or large tables that could suit groups. It's quiet (no music that I noticed) & the staff are attentive yet relaxed, so a friend & I stayed here for two hours, chatting away. The food is fantastic, we especially enjoyed the raw vegan desserts, berry cheezecake & a choc mint slice. As I understand, much of the ingredients are locally sourced & they are mindful with recycling etc. Overall it felt like a very conscious place to support, perfect!

Pros: Space to relax, no rush, Wide selection, Healthy wholefoods & raw options

Cons: Outdoors can mean mosquitoes

Return to Bali Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Garden Kafe at The Yoga Barn closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2261 times since Jul 2013.