The Fife and Drum

( 1 review )
860-927-3509

53 N Main St, Kent, Connecticut, USA, 06757

Serves meat, vegan options available. Several vegetarian items on the menu can be vegan upon request, plus always a vegan option on the specials menu. Staff will accommodate. Open Mon-Thu 5:30pm-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 5:30pm-10:00pm, Sun 3:00pm-8:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Fusion, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Nibs

Some really good vegan options - Edit

My daughter and I found ourselves in Kent and after examining the Happy Cow we found that there weren't that many options in the immediate area! We didn't know exactly what to expect at The Fife and Drum, online it appeared to be an older-style inn, restaurant, and gift shop. We pitched up without a reservation and just a bit under-dressed in our shorts, t-shirts, and flip-flops, but it's what he had on and the host showed us to an available table with a big smile and hello. Interestingly, each of the sections of the menu had at least one vegan option, as did the specials menu. I was torn between the Buddha Bowl and the Grain Salad, and eventually chose the latter. It was delicious. Had I had room in my stomach after eating the salad, I would have ordered other vegan options on the menu just to try, as I'm sure they would have been tasty as well. Had we not needed to get back on the road, we would have waited around to have dessert and listen to the live music. I hope to return to The Fife and Drum one day!

Return to Kent Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Fife and Drum closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.