Thanh Son Tofu

• Veg-friendly
Contact 703-534-1202

6793A Wilson Blvd (at Eden Center), Falls Church, Virginia, USA, 22044

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small Vietnamese kitchen that makes tofu and soymilk fresh daily, mostly fried. Has assortment of plain, onion, and other flavored tofu. Also sells sticky rice flavored with fruit and nuts, bubble tea. The food is mostly vegetarian, with a few dishes containing meat. Small eating area. Jun 2014 confirmed open.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by Veganwithavengance

Great-tasting tofu/tofu custard/soy milk. - Edit

They have great-tasting fresh and fried tofu, tofu custard (with traditional sweet ginger sauce on the side), and soy milk (and sometimes will serve it warm by the glass, and the pandan variety is a real treat).

Everything tastes very fresh and high quality. Their high turnaround in sales helps assure freshness.

A manager has assured me on at least two occasions that the tofu is not fried in oil shared with meat or fish items.

It would be great if organic -- or at least GMO-free -- soybeans were used . I'd go more often if that were the case.

Pros: Great taste and freshness., Nice people., Great energy.

Cons: Is it organic? , Is it GMO-free?

Superb Tofu! - Edit

When I walked into this restaurant, I first noticed that there was a separate line for the Tofu dishes and the bakery/dessert dishes. ] I ordered some onion mushroom tofu, and which were sold by the pound, and they were delicious. The lemongrass tofu was also very tasty, but a bit too salty for my taste. Next time, i'll have to try the desserts consisting of mostly rice and coconut.

Pros: Great tofu

Best Soy Milk and Tofu - Edit

This place is amazing! They make fresh tofu and soy milk daily from raw soybeans. Once I tried the fried tofu (lemongrass pepper was my favorite) I could not stop. They are the only place that I know of that makes soymilk and tofu from scratch.

Pros: great value, Homeade tofu, homemade soy milk

Really good tofu thats about it - Edit

They have really great fried and flavored tofu for really really cheap. Their soy milk was not so great and it looked like most everything else they had was not vegan or even vegetarian (aside from the desserts mentioned) plus they didn't really understand what vegetarian was. However the three flavors of tofu I had (mushroom, lemongrass/chili and just plain old fried tofu) were amazing, I ate them in the car and almost couldn't stop. Plus it was so cheap you can get a lot of it and not break the bank.

Pros: great fried tofu, inexpensive

Cons: other stuff not so great or vegetarian, soy milk wasn't great

Return to Falls Church Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thanh Son Tofu closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1289 times since Nov 2009.