Sticky Fingers Bakery

202-299-9700

1370 Park Rd NW (at Columbia Heights area, Washington DC), Washington, District Of Columbia, USA, 20010

This bakery makes vegan sweets with no dairy or egg. Cafe serves deli items including sandwiches, soups, vegan hot dogs, nachos, and coffee. Directions: 1 block north of Columbia Heights Metro station on the green line. Open Tue-Thu 8:00am-8:00pm, Fri 8:00am-9:00pm, Sat 9:00am-9:00pm, Sun 9:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Mimi710

bakery - Edit

Worth the Metro ride to enjoy a sticky bun!

I see some bad reviews about the food, but this is a bakery first and foremost. So come up to Columbia Heights via green/yellow line and enjoy a baked good--cupcakes, cookies, doughnuts, sticky buns...!!

Would like to try more, but saving room for another vegan place for lunch later ;)

Pros: Two words - Sticky Bun

Ugh - Edit

In town for the science March and I always like to try the local vegan places. My biggest problem with the food here is that non-vegans who may be trying it for the first time will be sooooo turned off forever. The Mac and cheese was so overcooked and had a meh taste. There was barely any cheese on the grilled cheese and it was cold, luckily the hotel had a microwave. The Buffalo seitan wrap was so cold it was off putting and tasteless so we just tossed that. The coconut ginger soup was good. It was just really disappointing after a long day in the cold and rain to get such a sub par meal. Plus it was $50 😒

Great brunch - Edit

The food was delicious and the prices are reasonable. Not a lot of places to sit. Our food was warm and came out pretty quickly.

Cons: The food was cool/warm like it was cooked earlier

not impressed - Edit

I was disappointed with this place. I was in town for the Women's March and was super excited to meet friends here for brunch. I ordered the biscuits and gravy. My dish came out in like 1 minute and my food was cold. Compared to other vegan b & g that I've tried this one is definitely lacking.

it's vegan - Edit

grateful for vegan spot. comfort food is great for non vegan eaters -I.e., less focus on veggies. desserts are tasty. reasonable prices. glad for people embracing veganism -even if just to be hip versus heath and ethical reasons. khepra is more my style.

Delicious! - Edit

I tried this place on a whim when I decided to first try eating more vegetarian and was amazed at how delicious vegan baked goods could taste. I honestly couldn't even tell the difference between their cupcakes and a "regular" one. Honestly, I think they were even better because you could tell they use quality ingredients.

Awesome cakes - Edit

I didn't get the chance to try their savory offerings but the bakery is amazing. We all loved the cupcakes, cookies and best cookie sandwich ever!

Pros: Great desserts

Cons: Small and Crowded

Delectable desserts - Edit

I stopped here this evening to see what all the fuss was about. The cookies and cream cupcake looked magestic, so I ordered one of those. On an impulse, I also asked for a chocolate chip cookie to go so that I could have a quick sweet breakfast tomorrow.

I sat outside and munched happily on the cupcake. The frosting was rich and creamy, and the cake was moist and delicious. Two girls walked by and one whispered to her friend (quite audibly) "oh my god that looks so good!" Indeed it was.

Afterward, I decided to sample a small piece of cookie. Oh my. It was the best cookie I've had that I can remember. It wasn't anything fancy, but it was just baked to perfection. The exterior had the slightest crunch and the interior was gooey, melty, and delicious. Needless to say, I no longer have a breakfast lined up for tomorrow...

Pros: Amazing cookies, Pretty desserts

Contributions +116

wide range of food selections - Edit

The vegan baked goods at Sticky Fingers were worth the trip. They offer a wide range of cakes that you need to order in advance. Also they have cookie sandwiches, cupcakes, vegan chocolate Santas and much more. You can wash them all down with an array of vegan milkshakes. Sticky Fingers also has diner style food. We had tacos, a burger and a buffalo wrap. All were quite good. Go for the baked goods and stay for lunch/dinner!

amazing desserts and a lot of great savory options! - Edit

Really yummy! Amazing selection of desserts but I was very impressed with how extensive the savory menu was. Also a ton of ready to go food in the cold case. Good selection, delicious, cute little place to sit.

Pros: sweets galore, lots of good savory options too!

I love all vegan bakeries. - Edit

I got the chocolate chip cookie and some sort of whoopie pie. Very tasty to me and I enjoyed every bite. Sad that I didn't get to try the savory food. I liked the diner look inside and bakery case.

Pros: cheap , tasty

Good food but disappointed. - Edit

First the good: The food was AMAZING! Easily 5/5 stars. I got the breakfast burrito and I couldn't have been happier. The rest of my family ordered biscuits and gravy + pancakes. Everyone was more than satisfied with the taste and quantity. THEN.....we ordered desserts to go. The Cowvin Cookie (big sandwich cookie) is the best cookie I've ever had, easily. I went back the next day to get another. The brownie was pretty good and the devil's cake was really delicious. I'd get it again too.

The bad: My husband planned a DC birthday trip for me and Sticky Fingers was the much anticipated highlight. The food surpassed expectations. However, the overall dining experience was terrible. It's a small, cramped space full of loud people. I don't blame the restaurant for this particular part but the majority of the customers were rude and obnoxious. It was incredibly busy when we went and after walking several miles, I wanted to sit and dine in a nice, quiet place. Based on the HIGH prices, that's what I assumed we'd be getting.

I don't mind spending $80 on food for 4 people if we're having a great overall experience! But for counter-ordered food, waiting a while for a dirty table then sharing with strangers, and they were out of water, cups, napkins, and forks....it is way overpriced.

I could barely enjoy my food due to butts in my face (literally. The place was packed out with people in line to order) and the loud and uncomfortable environment.

When we left, I told my husband:

Food: 9
Atmosphere: 1

Pros: Delicious food Great options Cowvin cookies

Cons: Expensive Small, crowded space

Good Dessert Selection, Food Is Okay - Edit

This was my second trip to Sticky Fingers while visiting DC, although the first time was in 2009. That time I had just had a cupcake, but I remember I had wanted to order everything on the menu and was very excited to go back on this recent trip. I ordered the tempeh, lettuce, tomato, and avocado sandwich with potato salad, with a cookies and cream shake. The sandwich was large and quite tasty as was the potato salad, although I will warn that both were very loaded up with vegan mayo. The shake was good, but not great, and smaller than I expected. My husband got the buffalo seitan wrap, which he was very disappointed in. He loves seitan, but this was strange crumbles, not chunks like expected, and there was not very much buffalo or vegan ranch which was supposed to be included. We got cupcakes to go, and they were pretty good. All in all, it's a good place, and it's great they have so many vegan options. However, we had thought we would go at least twice, probably again for brunch, and I really didn't feel compelled to go back on this trip.

Pros: Great dessert selection, Decent Food, All vegan

Great Cafe with Lots of Snacks - Edit

Sticky Fingers never fails to satisfy. They have a variety of hot sandwiches and burgers, as well as a to-go case with sammiches ready to go. My favorite is their breakfast sammich. They have a well stocked bakery case with mostly cupcakes and cookies, as well as plenty of wheat free options. Plus, MILKSHAKES OHMYGOSH. In addition to all the delicioys homemade food, they stock a good selection of vegan snacks and candy. I was able to find vegan easter bunnies as well as plenty of hard to find chocolates and snacks like chickpeas and earth balance squares.

Pros: vegan snacks for sale, milkshakes!, to-go case

Delicious Baked Goods - Edit

This is a great place to go if you are craving something sweet and haven't figured out how to make vegan baked goods.

I had the peanut butter chocolate cupcake, the cookie and cream cupcake, the champagne cupcake and a brownie. It was all delicious.

It is also right across the street from a Giant where there is parking available.

The only downside was there wasn't a large enough variety of baked goods when I went.

Pros: Vegan Baked Goods, Delicious, Parking Nearby

Cons: Not enough variety of baked goods

Delish - Edit

Caught them at a FARM conference in DC years ago. Since then we visit them at least 1-2 times every trip and order online throughout the year. VERY good!!

Get your fingers sticky - Edit

Superb venue with a great range of cakes as well as some seriously delicious savoury stuff. First had Daiya cheese here years back on a quesadilla. Good busy neighbourhood and a very popular spot

Pros: Delicious cake options , Yum quesadillas , Good people watching options

love the bakery - Edit

I ordered a Halloween cake for my party this past Oct. I've had several cakes from Sticky Fingers over the last 3 years and their cakes are all delicious! Some restrictions applied during my ordering process like colors I wanted on the Halloween cake but all in all it came out good! I do think they are a bit pricy so hence the 4 star, but quality wise delicious. Also grabbed lunch there while picking up cake, had Cali burger. Again awesome eats. Ordered sweet potato fries and they were great!, hot crispy and tasty. Only suggestion would be to make some burgers available without soy. Like option of soy free items. Sorry soy!

Pros: Bakery, Menu

Cons: pricy- some items, location please expand into MD! , need soy free options

Return to Washington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sticky Fingers Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.