So Boring

+852-63476932

Shop No 2-3, Tak Cheong Lane, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China

蘇波榮, at 德昌里2號3號舖, is a tiny, hole-in-the-wall neighborhood cafe born from the occupy movement. Small food menu. HK Canadian managed. Provocative art work. Pay by donation. Vegan options available. Reopened Mar 2017. Open Wed-Sat from 7pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, International, Take-out

First Review by Stevie

Interesting place - Edit

Interesting place for new dining experience. its more a non profit organisation hosted place. It's self serviced and pay whatever you feel like it's worth to pay. Their dinner menus varies daily - oh yes they only open for dinner. Foods I have had were pretty decent - creamy pasta but heard the the quality of foods may vary due to changing of chefs every night. Went there in December last year not much in my brain now lol but still keen to go back for another visit because I haven't tried all of their foods and probsbky I would never able to as their menu change daily

Pros: Interesting way of running business , Menu changes daily , Pay whatever you feel like to

Cons: Not very easy to reach , Dining outside

So Boring, Hong Kong - Edit

This is a really interesting place. It has a real 'just give it a go' feel to it. Its super relaxed. The space where food is served is tiny. There's around 30 seats outside. The pay by donation of what you think the food is worth idea is outstanding. There was no food left when I went there on Saturday night. I still donated a hundred bucks because I like that idea so much.

I asked a very nice person working there if the cheese vegetarian. It seems that the cheese isn't vegetarian. To try to be constructive I've messaged the people behind So Boring via facebook a list of some vego cheeses available in HK. Hence why the listing has been downgraded for the moment from vegetarian to veg friendly. I'll try to come back to the point re the vego cheese in future with a further update.

Pros: Inexpensive, Just give it a go vibe

Cons: Non vego cheese

Return to Kowloon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has So Boring closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.