Shima

Contact 310-314-0882

1432 Abbot Kinney Blvd (at Venice Blvd), Venice, California, USA, 90291

Serves meat, vegan options available. Japanese sushi bar restaurant that also makes some vegan rolls and sides. Advertises brown rice sushi. Ask about the soup. Small place with 2 floors of seating, busy on weekends. Tue-Sat 5:30pm-10:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Japanese, Non-veg

First Review by gr8vegan

Okay, but I don't remember much except... - Edit

I came here once for a dinner meal with a large party of non-vegetarians. Here's my Shima review.

Everyone else had wanted to eat the sushi, fish, and seafood dishes. I had a couple sides that were vegan suitable but don't remember the specific items... just seems to me that all the other diners were eating fish and sushi.

It's nice, though, that Shima advertise brown rice sushi. I'll have to go again and then update my review for happycow. Stay tuned.

Pros: good location

Cons: slightly pricey

My favorite nice place to eat out in Los Angeles - Edit

Shima couldn't be more trendy, the modern minimalist decor combined with the spartan entry that leads most passerby's to think its a house rather than an upscale macrobiotic restaurant make it a special place. The menu is vegan + fish. Fish is in the soups, but the vegan items are plentiful, include some veggie sushi. The entire dessert menu is vegan, as well. We LOVE the steamed veggies, they are the best item on the menu in our opinion. The three sauces that come with them are amazing. You can split them between two people along with a side of brown rice for an inexpensive dinner for two. I highly recommend the parfait. If you're not full you can simply keep ordering. The Japanese roasted corn is particularly delightful, as well!

Pros: vegan dessert menu, decor, location

Cons: lots of fish

Return to Venice Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shima closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1152 times since Aug 2012.