First Review by karlaess

Happiest cafe owner - Edit

Hello Foodies, my names Emily, I'm 26 and the founder of Serotonin. At Serotonin, I provide a sanctuary to escape from your fast-paced life. As optimal health requires a holistic approach, Serotonin integrates both a nourishing Eatery with an Exercise centre. My ethos is based around eating a plant-based diet to ensure the body, mind and earth all function at their best.

I sought a place where I could be motivated daily and connect with others looking to live positively. I longed for a no-brainer menu where every dish was nourishing and she didn’t need to narrow it down to a ‘healthy option’. I couldn’t find such a place, so I made one.

The world is shifting. There’s a movement growing and Serotonin is at the forefront. My wellness centre is focused on facilitating those who wish to relearn the importance of health and happiness. Serotonin is a reminder that health and happiness are achievable with a little effort. Come join me on the swings and find out for yourself what we're all about :) And please leave a review with your positive feed back! I love hearing from you!

Pros: We're a local small business, We're vegan owners, We're passionate

Cons: It's hard to change opinions , We're in a hidden location , We can't spread the message fast enough

Tiggy 15 Oct 2016 - This is an ad, not a review.

High standard in grungy chic area - Edit

After having seen a magazine cover photo of Serotonin's signature dish - Nutrition Bomb - I was keen to visit even though I live far away.
So, next trip to Melbourne, my husband and I made sure we could fit in a visit.
It was full of lots of young well-dressed people with laptops and mobile phones and has a chic vibe.
The service was friendly and professional.
The food was delicious - mains around the $22 mark.
The Nutrition Bomb was good, not great - maybe my expectations were too high but I make a combination dish like this with more flavour.
There are many raw vegan desserts which we didn't try but it would be easy to pop in for a drink and dessert if you weren't in the mood for a full meal.
The decor is light and breezy and it's obvious that a lot of attention has gone into the creation of this business,
We would definitely visit again.

Pros: Lots of choice, Friendly, professional service, No noise from the train line

Cons: Hard to find if you don't know the area, Super trendy feel

How sweet it is - Edit

If you enjoy raw vegan slices, smoothies and superfoods you will love Serotonin. The menu is on trend and is doing a roaring trade with well to do young mums and hipsters and it is priced accordingly.

On my first visit I enjoyed an organic chai latte and super rich Turkish Delight vegan cheesecake, unfortunately too rich to eat more than a third of. The service was fast and friendly and the atmosphere is casual and eco chic.

Pros: Vegan options, Lots of free parking in the area

Cons: Pricey

Return to Burnley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Serotonin Eatery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.