Senor Veggie

• Friend
210-228-0073

620 S Presa, San Antonio, Texas, USA, 78210

Vegan catering service turned brick-and-mortar full-service restaurant in Jan 2014. Offers a variety of Tex-Mex dishes, from nachos and lentil chili to mushroom fajitas and its signature SV burger. Jazz brunch menu on Saturdays. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Take-out, Mexican, Catering

First Review by veggiediva

excelente! - Edit

Super nice staff and healthy portions of reasonably priced awesomely delicious food!
LOVE

Wonderful - Edit

Southwestern Empanadas and Portabella Fajitas were delicious! Friend ordered Mac & Cheeze with broccoli was delicious. Hearty portions for any meals. Vegan baklava was a treat!

Good food - Edit

The inside is pretty cute & the menu isn't too big but the food is amazing, I wish I lived closer

Pros: Good food, Cheap

Cons: Parking

Tamales! - Edit

I ordered the Nopalitos Tamales and was given a colorful, beautiful dish of amazing!

great food - Edit

Easy walking distance from Riverwalk area. Very friendly staff and great vegan food. I loved the Cactus tamales. The pumpkin muffin was just ok. I would recommend a visit. Easy street parking as well.

Pros: all vegan

Cons: baked goods average

Great diverse selection, oh so delicious - Edit

Located in the arts district of San Antonio is Senor Veggie, a fully vegan restaurant with a focus on Latin American favorites (ya know...tacos, empanadas, fajitas, enchiladas), but also has Asian, Italian, and classic Southern flavors on the menu. I ordered the Eggplant Torta. The large sandwich comes with fries (or choose another side for a small upcharge). The grilled bollilo roll was stuffed (I mean stuffed) with a black bean spread, crispy fried eggplant, lettuce, pico, and a peppercorn ranch dressing. The sandwich was awesome, and the salty pico with the crunchy eggplant was a perfect bite. The creamy dressing was just enough to flavor the sandwich and not overpower it. For the side, I got the Mediterranean vegetables, they tasted good, but they were really curry flavored, which didn't pair well with the sandwich (and isn't really Mediterranean, but hey). Stick with the fries, they would go really well with the torta. Overall, I really enjoyed my meal at Senor Veggie, and I would definitely be back for a meal and to raid their bakery case (it's filled with vegan cupcakes and other goodies).

Pros: Excellent food, Large Portions

Great vegan spot - Edit

Great food! Everything is really whole foods plant based type of vegan. Not much processed or fake vegan food. Very minimal but very tasty and good! Staff is always super friendly and they have a live band on Fridays and Saturdays i believe. Parking is in back and they have dessert too!

Pros: Good vegan food, Friendly staff, Good parking

Cons: Far away

Amazing food & service! - Edit

The food is absolutely delicious & the service is wonderful! Loved it!

Tasty - Edit

I had a great meal here. There's a varied menu of appetizers, soups and salads, sandwiches, entrees, and desserts. 100% vegan. Plenty of parking.

Loved it! - Edit

I had lunch at Senor Veggie on a short trip to San Antonio and was very impressed! I ordered the poblano corn fritters appetizer and jackfruit street tacos with a side of lentil chili (which was more than enough - I had a lot of leftovers!). All of the items were delicious, and service was quick and friendly. Highly recommend!

Pros: 100% vegan!

Really fun! - Edit

Not at all typical Southwest or Mexican, despite the name. Had to go back several times just to enjoy so many choices!! Nice enough atmosphere to enjoy as an evening of dining out, but priced very acceptably.

Pros: Unique dishes, delightfully flavorful!

vegan goals - Edit

The food is great and delicious! The people are so nice and it's good to see a place with so many options! My only complaint is there wasn't wifi.

Senor Veggie in San Antonio - Edit

Senor Veggie was a great restaurant to go to in San Antonio, because of its great food, its variety of Gluten Free Vegan options for lunches, suppers, and desserts, and its proximity to the river walk motel I was staying at. I was so impressed by the wait staff and the ambiance, I went back for several meals over several days, and also bought a Senor Veggie T-shirt as a gift. My visit was before they obtained their liquor license.

Pros: GFV wide selection of meals, Really great wait staff, Nice ambiance and relaxing patio dining

Cons: A bit pricey, Location a little bit dicey

Spinach dip!!!! - Edit

Excellent! The spinach dip was amazing. If you want dessert, grab it when you see it as they sell out fast. The PO Boy sandwich was also tasty with waffle fries. Nice atmosphere and friendly people. Will be back again soon!

Pros: Delicious, Cozy, Friendly staff

Cons: Spinach Dip is seasonal :(

Do not miss this restaurant when in San Antonio!!! - Edit

WOW. seriously some of the best vegan food I had never had. Jeremiah was our server and Ashely greeted us at the door. The services was FANTASTIC and the food was AMAZING. I had the Street Tacos and absolutely loved them. the Waffle fries blew me away as well....i was expecting the standard waffle fries that you would get at any other restaurant, but these were light and fresh and soooo tasty. Jeremiah was so friendly and attentive and recommended some great places to visit while here as well. Definitely will be back for more as soon as possible.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Decent prices

go here - Edit

Amazing food. Good beer. Friendly staff. What more could you wish for.

good vegan vibes - Edit

The empanada appetizer is stellar. Also have had mini chalupas and tried street tacos and bean burger, which were all really good. The cupcakes are the best I've ever had, vegan or otherwise. Vegan paradise!

Everythings bigger in Texas, including servings - Edit

All I can say is that servings were uber huge, and that's awesome. Also I should mention waitress, she was exelent and super friendly. Food was high quality! I had a burger and some guacamole with chips and ginger root beer!

Pros: Friendly staff, Food was delish

Cons: No wi-fi

Return to San Antonio Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Senor Veggie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.