CLOSED: s.e.e.d. Cafe

602-626-7307

3802 E Indian School Rd, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, 85018

Serves meat, vegan options available. Juices, smoothies, salads, burritos, burgers and sandwiches. Try the spicy quinoa burger. Prices inexpensive to moderate. MAY 2016 REPORTED SHUT. Open Mon-Thu 6:00am-9:00pm, Fri 6:00am-2:00pm, Sat-Sun 7:00am-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Tigra220

Nothing Special... - Edit

I ordered the You’re So Keen sandwich, sans cheese & tomatoes. As a side, you have a choice of their house-made tabbouleh or the side of the day, which was Tahini Cauliflower; I opted for the latter. My total was $9.75.

The sandwich was ok. The ingredients were fresh but it lacked depth of flavor. It was not bad. It was not memorable. It was just ok. It was suggested (after my food had arrived) that I try it as a wrap the next time. The Tahini Cauliflower was excellent. Great flavor and cooked on the brink of “is it raw or is it cooked?” so it had a nice crunch to it.

It’s a small, cozy cafe with a decent amount of vegan items. Vegan options are noted with a "V," whereas, the vegetarian options have "VEG" by them.

Everything seems really light and healthy. They have juices, smoothies, and a grab-n-go case that is stocked with salads and some desserts; however, there were no vegan desserts when I went. They have a nice, covered patio area with a cute picnic table and a few bar tables. They have their own parking lot (which is really cute, by the way), but it was very full; I got the last parking spot in the lot. I assume most of the cars belonged to yoga students, because there were only about 6 people in the cafe, 3 of whom were the staff.

Cute cafe. Ok food vegan, in my opinion. There are other vegan options very close, so it’s doubtful that I’ll revisit.

Note: s.e.e.d. is on the NE corner of Indian School Rd & 38th St, located inside of, or shares a space with, The Madison Improvement Club, which I assume, judging by the abundance of yoga mats and the highlighted, “OM” in the sign, is a yoga studio. You can NOT see the “s.e.e.d.” signage from Indian School, you’ll only see The Madison Improvement Club sign from the main street.

As of this review, they close at 2pm on Fridays. (I went last Friday, thinking they were open until 9pm. Check their website to confirm their hours.)

Pros: light and healthy vegan food options, vegan smoothies

Cons: can't see "s.e.e.d." sign from main road, some of the food on the bland side, small portions for the price

Return to Phoenix Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: s.e.e.d. Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.