La Grande Orange

602-840-7777

4410 N 40th St, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, 85018

Serves meat, vegan options available. An all-in-one coffee and breakfast bar, cafe, pizzeria, and grocery store with multiple outlets. The pizzeria is full service sit-down dining, and many can be made vegan; open Mon-Thur 4-10pm, Fri-Sun 11am-10pm. The cafe is grab-n-go style and has labeled veg choices (green leaf for vegetarian, orange leaf for vegan) -- try the spicy chickpea lettuce wraps and the vegan English muffins. Also a location at 3400 E Sky Harbor Blvd, Terminal 4 - D gates (past security). Open Mon-Sun 6:30am-10:00pm.

Categories: American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Tigra220

Vegan Apple Cookie!!! - Edit

It was my first time visiting LGO and couldn't be more happy! I tried the vegan apple cookie and have to say that was the best cookie I've ever tasted! As I went up to order, they came right out of the oven so I got to score one while they were still warm. If you want to make sure that you get one of these, visit LGO at 8am as that's when the first batch is fresh (and they sell out pretty fast!). Definitely recommend if you're in the area.

Pros: vegan options, super delicious, fast service

Cons: really busy

So yummy! - Edit

I was in a bit of a rush when I went in so I ordered the first vegan thing on the menu that I saw which was a vegan pizza with roasted peppers, kale, brussel sprouts, tomato and cashew cheese. Was so so good. The pizza base and crust was perfect.

Spicy Chickpea Lettuce Wraps! - Edit

La Grande Orange is a cool cafe/ grocery store/ coffee house/ pizzeria/ gelato bar. It's a bit overwhelming on your first visit, trying to figure out where to go for what, and it gets a bit crowded and hectic. I sort of just picked a line and lucked upon the right one.

I got the Spicy Chickpea Lettuce Wraps, which you can order from the menu or pick up from their grab-and-go cold case, which is what I did. (Cuts down on wait time.) Comes with 2 large iceberg lettuce cuffs, topped with their spicy chickpeas and avocado slices. These lettuce wraps are SO yummy and perfectly spicy. Mine came with a fresh pineapple wedge; perfect for cleansing the palate. A nice, light, healthy, and filling option.

There was a large dessert case, but there was only 1 vegan option: an apple pie cookie. I started to pass (I had my heart set on a cupcake), but an employee convinced me to try one. Great suggestion! It was one of the most delicious cookies that I have ever tasted. It was perfectly soft and chewy. An amazing treat!

The items in the grab-n-go section are labeled with the ingredients.

The parking situation is pretty insane. They do offer complimentary valet parking (which I did not want to do), and there is another spill-over lot about a block north of the building.

Pros: yummy vegan options, labels include list of ingredients

Cons: parking

Return to Phoenix Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Grande Orange closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.