Saranac Public House

509-473-9455

21 W Main Ave (at N Browne St), Spokane, Washington, USA, 99201

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a large selection of vegan choices. Supports local, sustainable and organic products whenever possible. Breads are purchased from local bakeries and delivered fresh daily. Bakery items made-in-house use locally grown and milled flours. Coffee is fair trade certified and locally roasted and teas are certified organic (and uses organic juices whenever possible). Uses green cleaning supplies. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by GraceBolen

Great vegan options! - Edit

Going to a non-vegetarian restaurant, I usually don't expect much. But, this place had multiple options on the menu for me. I ended up ordering the vegan Mac and cheese, which was AWESOME! I have made so many versions of this, and theirs was surprisingly delicious. That plus a house salad, which had organic greens, Apple, and hazelnuts, and I had a really great meal!

Pros: Great options

great food! - Edit

Great food great atmosphere but not a lot of vegan choices

Good vegan options - Edit

I had dinner here my first night in Spokane and had a hit and miss experience. It's a funky (in a good way) place with a lot of vegan options on the menu. Hits -- the warm pretzels with the vegan cheese sauce (good, but sauce was not very warm and was pretty bland), and the polenta appetizer (very good and a decent portion). Miss -- the black bean chili, which was the blandest chili I've ever eaten. Seriously, it tasted like it didn't even have salt in it, much less any other spices. I would come back for the polenta!

Pros: Good options for vegans, reasonably priced

Cons: food is very bland

Vegan options clearly marked - Edit

This is a really nice little restaurant, classy decor and all. What I appreciated most is that their vegan options are very clearly marked, and there are plenty of them. The food was mostly hit, with a few misses. To start with, the vegan pretzel appetizer was AMAZING - do not miss it. It was a warm, homemade pretzel (2 actually), with a delicious dipping sauce. Very original and, honestly, one of the better things I've eaten in the last few years. My flatbread was less exciting. Tasty, but a bit dry. The Vegan Mac and Cheese was good, not great; The vegan burger was quite good, though not exceptional. Still, it was a good meal overall, if not a spectacular (pretzel excluded - that thing was sensational.). I give this four cows which is my actual rating - even though that is the limit for a Veg Friendly (I hate the Happy Cow limitations), that's all I would give.

Pros: PRETZEL!!!

Love the food! - Edit

Saranac has several vegan dishes on their menu which are all amazing. Specials rotate and often include vegan options as well and they offer a kids menu too. One thing I don't like is their servers. They are friendly, but not well trained and lack knowledge. I had to argue with a server that black tea is usually caffeinated unless marked. Stupid, right? If you can get past the servers, your experience will be great.

Pros: yummy vegan options

Cons: the servers

Return to Spokane Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Saranac Public House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.