Red Scooter Deli

805-237-1780

1102 Pine St, Paso Robles, California, USA, 93446

Serves meat, vegan options available. Little sandwich shop in downtown offering wraps, salads, sandwiches, smoothies. A few items are specified as vegan. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Bariann

Red Scooter should not be on HappyCow - Edit

I was excited to eat at this place after reading one of the reviews. However, because they only offer vegan options they are not fully committed to vegan customers. I probably should have read more.
First, the vegan menu is only on the door as you enter. There is nothing vegan mentioned on the huge chalkboard menu or paper menus inside. Because of that you have to order from memory based on what you saw at the door. It also doesn’t that the staff is not familiar with their own vegan options. We waited in line about 10-15 mins to order and asked for the Chickpea tuna sandwich because we could not remember what it was called on the door menu. We tried to confirm that it was the vegan sandwich by mentioning we wanted the one made with Chickpeas. The person at the register called it Tunaliciious and we said OK. After a 40 min wait we were brought tuna sandwiches made with Tuna and not Chickpeas. When we complained we were told we ordered the wrong sandwich. We got a refund and left. Luckily we were just passing through using HappyCow because I would never go back.

Great little sandwich shop! - Edit

We stopped on our way to San Francisco and I’m so glad we did! There are clearly marked vegan items on the menu and I decided to go with the Avocado Reuben. It was messy and delicious, probably the best vegan reuben I’ve ever had! We’ve already decided that this will be one of our usual stops on the way to SF since it’s the halfway point.

Pros: clearly marked vegan menu items

Cons: small selection compared to the rest of the menu

Return to Paso Robles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Red Scooter Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.