Realfoods Organic Cafe

Contact 03-99259791

RMIT University, 360 Swanston St, Bldg 8, Lv. 4, Melbourne, Victoria, 8006

Organic, fair trade cafe operating during school semesters, in the RMIT University City Campus cafeteria. All vegan except cows' milk. Offerings include raw vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, and low-fat meals from soups and salads, to mains, desserts, snacks and drinks. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-3:30pm. Closed during school breaks.

Category: Lacto, Organic, Western, Take-out, Australian

First Review by chickodoo

amazing food! bring your ear plugs if you want serenity - Edit

Love the soy chicken burger! Easily the best thing I've had so far as a lot of other dishes I make at home anyway so it's great to have a 'wow' factor eating something you wouldn't usually make at home. The only negative for me is the music. It's so bloody loud in there I sometimes confuse it for a night club. Probably a tactic to move people on but it goes noticed!

Pros: unique food , tasty , wow factor

Cons: music way too loud, my ears hurt , is this a cafe or nightclub

Great Muffins - Edit

Staff are friendly. Prices are reasonable but not especially cheap. I had a falafel wrap which was pretty average. Then I had a muffin which was amazing. I'd not go out of my way to go back for lunch but it is very convenient if near by. I will be going back for muffins. It's a uni cafeteria but very pleasant as far as cafeterias go though busy at lunch time.

Nice stall - Edit

This stall in the RMIT cafeteria serves great, healthy vegan food. I had a lentil and quinoa stew and a raw bliss ball, which were both scrumptious. Prices are reasonable.

Pros: Great, healthy vegan food

Cons: Cafeteria setting

Simply amazing! - Edit

I ventured to Melbourne today in the quest to eat at some vegan places I'd seen on here. After getting a junk food fix at Lord of the Fries I decided a visit to RMIT to find this place was a must. I'm so happy I did, the food was incredible and the people working there were friendly and helpful. I had the salad of the day which was a quinoa, beetroot and I think kale mix, with a warm pumpkin, celery and pasta bake. Desert was a beautiful choc brownie which melted in my mouth and a cranberry coconut slice. It was so hard to choose a desert as there were so many muffins, slices, cakes, cookies, balls etc to choose from. If only my belly could fit more in! The pricing was slightly expensive but justified by the quality of the food. I'm very jealous there was never a vegan cafe at my uni! I'll definitely be going back next time I'm in the city
Updated from previous review on Friday July 20, 2012

Pros: 100% vegan, service: friendly & helpful, wide food range and quality

Return to Melbourne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Realfoods Organic Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.