Plants

Contact 02-27845677

10, Lane 253, Sec. 1, Fuxing South Rd, Da-an District, Taipei, Taiwan, 106

A plant-based, gluten-free whole foods eatery serving American style fare like kale salads, raw cakes, and chia pudding. Opened May 2016. Open Tue-Fri 11:30am-9:30pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw

First Review by JesseD

Good healthy flavors - Edit

I really enjoyed my meal at Plants. While I wasn't too impressed with the menu (it is almost identical to Ohh Cha Cha, another restaurant in Taipei, and so many other vegan restaurants I have been to in my country), my falafel and hummus entrée was great along with the side of oat crackers (which are great for dipping in the extra hummus). Everything was delicious and felt great for the body. Despite the alternative ingredients, it really tasted like an authentic falafel dinner from the Mediterranean.

I was a bit surprised at how hot and well-done the falafel balls were considering that this is in fact a raw restaurant. Since I am not a raw foodist, this didn't matter to me, but you might want to confirm with the kitchen about what temperature the foods are 'cooked' at if this matters to you.

It would be nice to see a more original menu, because if I were to return, I would not be interested in ordering any other dish because I have grown tired of bland and boring tempeh and rice bowls. Hopefully they will find their own identity and change things up in the future.

Pros: Great flavors, Good portion size

Cons: Menu is boring and uninspired

Opening hours - Edit

I had read good things about Plants and was excited to give it a try. Plants is almost an hour from where I live. I went on a Saturday evening, (around 6pm), a few weeks ago. Despite it also being written on the restaurant window that the place is open until 9:30pm, the restaurant was closed. I left disappointed and annoyed.

Cons: Accurate opening hours not provided

a new favorite for sure - Edit

really good food. I thought the portions were generous and the price reasonable for the quality. we had hummus appetizer, tempeh bowl, shepard's pie, blueberry cheesecake and a green smoothie for $1400. left very full and happy, we will certainly go back to try the rest of the menu. I can live on $100 Buddha buffets most of the month but sometimes you want something special.

Salads and cake - Edit

The chef is not nice but the owner is. The salads I ordered would have been good but had dish detergent in it. But that was just up to the chef. The pad Thai was sugary and extremely spicy. It tasted sweeter than their cake. The other two salads of kale and romaine had regular tasting, unique dressings. Their vegan cake is rich and creamy, sweetened with plum syrup. But there was dish detergent in the additional syrup they drizzled over the cake when serving.

Great Raw Restaurant! - Edit

This restaurant serves some of the best raw food I've had anywhere: delicious cakes, smoothies and simple main dishes. Like all raw food it's pricier than cooked food, but I think it's excellent value. A small main dish, fresh smoothie and incredible raw cacao cake came to NT750.
They grow some of their herbs on the street in front of the restaurant. It's a nice idea in theory, but they must soak up so much pollution from the street, so I'm not convinced about that.
It's great to see raw food taking off in Taipei. This is Taipei's best raw food restaurant (the nearby raw juice bar Universe Café is also very good).

Pros: raw food, easy to reach from red or blue MRT lines, all vegan

Cons: a little expensive, but worth it!

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Plants closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1205 times since May 2016.