Plant Power Fast Food

• Friend
Contact 619-450-6845

2204 Sunset Cliffs Blvd, San Diego, California, USA, 92017

Est. Jan 2016, a plant-based fast food restaurant featuring a menu of burgers, fries, salads, shakes, and other tasty treats - all made without GMO or artificial ingredients. Build your own burger by choosing a patty (temph, black bean, or "beefy"), or select one from the menu such as The Classic or Mushroom-Swiss. Breakfast served from 7-11am. Also offers drive-up and order system. Open Mon-Thu 7:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 7:00am-10:00pm, Sun 7:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Mike Weinberg

delicious - Edit

First time trying out vegan fast food and it did not disappoint. I had the breakfast sausage sandwich and the waffle chicken sandwich. They were both so tasty. I can't wait to
Try lunch and a kombucha float.

Great addition to OB - Edit

Though I think they could have EASILY picked a better name, makes me cringe every time I read or hear it, I give this place two thumbs up.

Through the years there was more than a few times I wished their bigger brother, Evolution Fast Food, was open before 11. By that time I've usually already bought my lunch.

This place is not only open for lunch time, but also breakfast. Just thinking about it is making my mouth water. I don't know what else to write other than just writing this has convinced me I'm getting a chicken & waffle sandwich w/ coffee tomorrow morning.

Pros: Breakfast Menu., Breakfast Menu., Breakfast Menu.

Cons: The name., Price.

Encore! Encore! - Edit

Normally, we have a rule when we travel to try as many vegetarian places as possible. Plant Power forced us to break that rule for the first time ever. It was so good, we decided to eliminate another planned stop in order to go back again! The first time, we had lunch (dee-licious!) Since they had a breakfast menu, we wanted to try that too. We were not disappointed! A “chicken breast” between two waffles justified the return trip.

If we had a Plant Power locally, the four of us would do everything we could to make sure it stayed in business for a long, long time.

Delicious but a bit pricey - Edit

Plant Power is an easy stop as you come into OB, located kitty-corner from OB People's Food. We made a quick stop, picking up two Rambler burgers, a "fish" sandwich, and sweet potato medallions.

The Rambler was one of the better burgers I've had, with its crunchy onion rings. My dad had the "beefy" patty, and I don't think he would have known it was vegan if we hadn't told him. The fish sandwich was very good. The sweet potato medallions were just okay.

While the food is good, it's a bit overpriced. San Diego has a lot of vegan options now, and Plant Power isn't the greatest value in comparison.

Pros: Good food, Friendly people

Cons: A bit pricey

Fast food favorites - Edit

Typical fast food feel from a completely veg restaurant. VeggieGrill like...though better. They have smoothies, organic juices, soft serve ice creem. They have gardein though they have their own black bean and tempeh burgers.

Pros: Great price. good food. quick. nice people. great , open till 10pm week nights.

Cons: ahhhh. none.

Second Home - Edit

The one and only place I wanted to eat in at San Diego. The place is very nice, spacious and the portions are big. Love the milkshakes and smoothies. Also the burritos were great. The staff was really friendly. There are seats outside if you'd like and it's very close to the dog beach! I had a great time.

Pros: Good value, Great food, Nice vibe

Cons: Not cheap

Great variety and price - Edit

Let me start off by saying this is a positive review! The problem for me was my selection from the menu. I splurged a little since it was Father's Day and from all the exciting choices on the menu, I chose a double "beefy" burger. It was huge and tasty but frankly tasted exactly like the vg-burger from Veggie Grill. I can get Veggie Grill pretty easily since they are everywhere, so the fact that I drove down to San Diego to this hot new restaurant and got something so familiar was my bad.

My wife, who has never had a VG burger thought the burger from Plant Power was amazing! My son thought the California Burrito had lots of great flavor and my daughter loved her mini corn dogs!

This place has LOTS of items on the menu so if you go down there to try them out, I definitely recommend trying some of their other items. In fact, if you want a burger, they also have a black bean patty and tempeh patty available. Dessert options are also plentiful and the pricing was quite reasonable and with good portions. The staff was very friendly as well.

Pros: Great selection, Breakfast available 7a-11a, Great value

Cons: Need one near me!, Limited breakfast availability

Great food, great value - Edit

Excellent, clean, modern, vegan fast food. We tried everything from the burgers to the raw tacos and even peach cheesecake. You can get a meal that is super healthy or just satisfy a burger and fries craving. They make all their own sauces in house with organic ingredients. A great option for carnivores and vegans. And to top it off the chocolate chip cookies are only $2.

Pros: Great tasting food, Fresh and organic ingredients, Great value

Cons: Disposable dishware

Worth the Visit - Edit

When I visit California I always make an effort to try out as many Vegan places that I can. I've heard about Plant Power Fast Food for a while and when I saw it in passing had to pop in and try it out. The self ordering kiosks are really nice and a great way to order without having to stand in line. They have a lot of tasty looking options to choose from that can be customized to your liking. I ordered the Rambler with Sweet Potato Fries. The burger was a black bean patty and had onion rings on it. The fries were actually more like chips but not as crunchy as a kettle chip. All in all I'd say my experience was pretty good. The food was good, but not amazing. Which I guess is what you would get at a Omni fast food joint. They had Vegan ranch which I can rarely get at home so that was a plus.

I would definitely say Plant Power is worth checking out if you are looking for that fast food feel and have the money to spend. (I forgot to mention they're a bit pricey for burgers and fries.)

Pros: Easy ordering, 100% Vegan

Cons: Pricey, Lots of add on charges

Amazing Chicken Sandwich - Edit

I am so pleased to have a plant power in my neighborhood! I am vegan and I even got my non-vegan friends to start eating there.
The customer service is also a plus!!
Two thumbs up

Pros: chicken sandwich, chocolate cheesecake, customer service

Excellent vegan food - Edit

Get the bacon one -- This is one of the best vegan veggie burgers ever! All the food is fresh spices are just right! All the sauces are made in house and they are really tasty. The service was excellent, the place is really clean and beautiful. Plenty of parking in a nice neighborhood.

Fast, delicious, vegan - Edit

Visited Plant Power while in town for a conference and we were thoroughly impressed. We tried a variety of burgers--all were delicious. I preferred the "beefy" patty to the bean or tempeh, but they were all very good. "Cheeses" were amazing. Fries were seasoned and cooked to perfection...even their sodas are impressive. And everything is fairly reasonably priced--no more expensive than most burger joints I frequented before going vegan.

awesome concept - Edit

The place is sleek and modern. They have self order and pay devices if you want in addition to a counter person. I had the chik'n wrap with fries and an organic green tea which was delicious. I'll definitely be back.

Pros: convenience, comfort food

The Future of Fast Food! - Edit

My wife, Anita, and I just returned from the inaugural, pre-opening dinner at this fantastic, bright, brand new vegan eatery! With four drive-up kiosks (place order on computer; order brought to your car), ample indoor & outdoor seating, and a spacious parking lot, Plant Power is destined to be the McDonald's of vegan fast food. The second location is already under renovation/construction in nearby Encinitas. We'll be able to tell our grandchildren and great-grandchildren that we ate at the very first one!

Return to San Diego Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Plant Power Fast Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3092 times since Jan 2016.