Picasso Cafe on Paseo

Contact 405-602-2002

3009 Paseo Dr, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA, 73103

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu details what is veg/vegan and will cater to vegan requests. Vegan choices include a soup, fried portobello with gravy, veggie burger, pizza, eggplant lasagna, desserts. Will cater a 4-course vegan meal to group events with advanced reservation. Brunch on Sundays. Bistro atmosphere with live music on weekends. Local artists artwork hangs on the walls. Open Mon-Wed 11:00am-10:00pm, Thu-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Fri 12:00am-12:30am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-1:00am, Sun 10:30am-3:00pm, Sun 4:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by jewel123

good options - Edit

good vegan options that are clearly shown. expensive and popular. service is okay. they are good during more busy hours but on off hours they usually only have one waiter and they are not very good.

Pros: lots of vegan options, good location, atmosphere

Cons: expensive, unreliable service

Very Tasty! - Edit

I ordered the Drunken Pear Salad (small, no feta cheese) for an appetizer and it was delicious and the perfect size. For my meal I ordered the Pulled Pork Sandwich which is made with homemade BBQ sauce and jackfruit. It was amazing!

One thing I wasn't as happy about is that I ordered my sandwich with truffle fries. And they came served with shaved Parmesan on top (not listed on the menu). I would've thought my server would've mentioned that after I ordered a salad with no cheese and one of the vegan menu items, but he didn't. I didn't ask for another side, but just opted out of eating them.

If you plan on going on the weekend, make a reservation!

Pros: A few vegan options, Several vegetarian options that can be made vegan, Unique offerings

Give this place another chance! - Edit

The reviews I have read on here regarding this restaurant are not so great, but I go here often, so they must have completely changed from what they used to be. The description of the food this restaurant has in its about section of this page is also completely outdated, as it has changed considerably. They have an entire vegetarian section on the menu, and within that menu are several clearly marked vegan options. They use a double leaf symbol to label something as vegan. So, anything with that symbol is automatically vegan, but many things can be customized to be vegan as well. I have tried every vegan option listed. I am not the biggest fan of the chicken fried portobello, but do love the quinoa tacos, and the vegan pulled pork sandwich. They also have a vegan pizza! One of the things I customize is the Quinoa Black Bean Burger labeled as vegetarian, but that can easily be made vegan upon request. Also, as an appetizer, the trio is a great option. Just ask for it to be veganized. No cheese on the bread and no spinach dip. I get double hummus instead. For desert, unfortunately there is only one option, which are the beignets (French donuts). They aren't terrible, but are essentially just bread, similar to a sopapilla, covered in a ton of powdered sugar, so I usually opt out, unless I'm feeling frisky. On another note, I do know that they used to have a completely mislabeled menu, that showed non-vegan options as vegan. That, and their sometimes unknowledgable staff, I know led to an instance of at least one vegan for certain, getting and eating something that was not vegan. This, of course being completely unfortunate, in my experience has been completely fixed by the restaurant. So, if you heard a similar horror story, I would still suggest giving this place a go. It's my favorite place to go here in the city. Although, I do sometimes run across a rude or uninformed server here and there. So, if you happen upon this, trust that there are other completely wonderful and helpful servers and just request someone else. The only problem I have ever had with the food is when we had them cater our Christmas party, and we ended up getting a ton of cold, lackluster food that led my non-vegan friends to think vegan food was terrible. I usually always have a pleasant dine-in experience though. Check this place out!

Pros: Wonderful food!, Friendly staff! , Awesome environment!

Cons: Catering service needs work!

Great for vegetarians & vegans - Edit

Maybe Picasso's has changed in the few years since some of the negative/mediocre reviews, but this place is one of the best options for vegetarians and vegans in Oklahoma City.

They've got a separate section on the menu for vegetarians with an icon to indicate which choices are vegan. Additionally, some of the vegetarian choices can be made vegan. They've also got a monthly vegetarian feast with a theme that changes every month.

Pros: Good choice of vegetarian selections, Vegan selections clearly marked, Moderately priced

Cons: Wish there were more vegan options

Vegans Don't Waste Your Time - Edit

This site is a little misleading about this place if you are vegan. Plan on having very limited menu options. I ordered the hummus trio as appetizer and it came with two other sides. I asked the waiter if there was any dairy in any of it and he assured me there wasn't any. The spinach dip was made with cream cheese and the bread came covered in cheese. That wasted $8 right off the bat because I couldn't eat any of it. I ordered the vegan pizza thinking it would be something a little better.... don't waste your money! If you want to pay $13 for some crappy bread with vegan cheese on it go right ahead. I left feeling completely ripped off. The vegan items offered here are garbage and the wait staff knows nothing about the menu. I really should have just walked out without paying. You would be better off hitting up Taco Bell and getting a 7 layer with no cheese or sour cream.

Pros: None

Cons: Very Limited Options, Wait Staff Knowledge, Price

Amazing food - Edit

I had their chicken fried portobello and it was delicious. My hubby had vegan pizza which was also very good. It was just a plain cheese vegan pizza but hubby special ordered extra veggies on top. This would be a good place to go out to please a group of both non meat and meat eaters.

Pros: yummy food, good service

Cons: Not a lot of vegetables

Return to Oklahoma City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Picasso Cafe on Paseo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2661 times since Feb 2011.