Peace Pies

619-223-2880

4230 Voltaire St (at Ocean Beach), San Diego, California, USA, 92107

Raw food cafe serving meals and dessert pies using fair trade and local ingredients. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by FUZZYGUY828

Great food - Edit

I ate the mushroom quesadillas, very good. Friendly and relaxed staff, great experience.

good for the world - Edit

Small raw food store and also serves food. Everything in the store is plant based and I'm so glad that there is a full raw restaurant. I had the mushroom stroganoff and my bf had the bliss burger, the burger had an onion cracker for the bun and the mushroom stroganoff is served cold. 2 things I didn't expect but I had never eaten fully raw food before it was made with love. The store features v butters, v cheeses, fresh juices, coconut tortillas, and plenty desserts.

Pros: great for the world , raw packaged goods, creativity

I Feel Good - Edit

We had the burger and a kale salas, whit the super green salad. My stomach likes the food.

We'll be back

Ris Burton

Very Good - Edit

Very Good!

Parking is limited.
Seating is limited.
Prices are a little high.

Buuut...

What they do, they do very well! The portions are good, and the food is great! It is definitely worth trying at least once.

Not a fan of raw - Edit

I had never been to a raw restaurant before, but I heard this place had great vegan food so I took my family to try it. I got a quesadilla with the red tortilla and did not like it at all. It just didn't taste good. I don't remember exactly what my family ordered but I liked theirs a little better but still not great. We got a cheesecake that was fantastic. Overall, I think it's a good place IF you like raw food, but I personally don't. The staff was super nice though and were very knowledgeable.

Pros: Knowledgeable staff, Cool hippy-esque place

Cons: Not the best food I've had

awesome raw food and peeps - Edit

The people here are great and the food is awesome! It's all raw vegan, gluten free, soy free, and mostly organic. Admittedly I'm a little biased as I used to work here

Great Raw Food - Edit

The raw Mediterranean wrap with falafel and hummus is amazing! My only complaint is the place is a little pricey.

Pros: yummy food

Cons: expensive

amazing - Edit

I've never been to a raw vegan restaurant but I'm glad I came. So good and filling. I had the tacos and I didn't mind that it wasn't warm like traditional tacos. It was very tasty. Kale chips were also amazing!

Pros: friendly staff, delicious food

Cons: small dining area, street parking

amazing - Edit

brought three of my meat eating friends and they were amazed at how delicious, filling, and beautiful raw food is. we had the mystical mushroom quesadilla, nori nirvana, nobel nachos, and magical mango curry wrap along with three slices of pies. easily one of the best restaurants i've eaten at. wish they had a location in new jersey

Pros: amazing food, knowledgeable staff, fun vibes

Cons: can be cold if door is opened

Peace Pies-the Ultimate Destination for Raw in SD! - Edit

Whenever my daughter is back from college we make a special trip to Pt. Loma to eat at Peace Pies. She discovered it first and then turned me on to it. I love their raw "pizzas" and nut cheeses, and every dessert I've ever had has been fabulous. I was happy to discover they have a booth often at the Little Italy Farmer's market on Saturday mornings too. This place will satisfy even the most hard-to-please raw "purists".

First visit to a raw food restaurant - Edit

I visited this place with a friend and my boyfriend. The 3 of us each got a different meal and dessert so we could try more things. We are all vegan, but not strictly raw. Together we had a burger, a quasadilla and a pizza. Everything was fantastic and left us feeling light and healthy. We were amazed by all of the foods that could be made raw. The desserts were great too. I think the desserts vary each day. While we were there they had a coconut cream pie and persimmon pie as well as a chocolate cake of some sort. Everything was very good. It was a fun to try raw food, and we would all go back and recommend it to others as well.

Pros: vegan, raw , healthy

Cons: a little pricey but worth it, limited seating inside

Very Awesome - Edit

Happened by here on a recent quick trip to San Diego, and really wanted to eat raw to rejuvenate from the stress of travel. I had the Karmic Kale Salad, which was one of the biggest and best salads I've ever had, healthy tasting, great ingredients and seasonings, and hugely filling. I also had the Superhuman Green Smoothie, which I highly recommend; and for dessert, a special - a Neopolitan (I think. ?) It was great too. Staff is friendly, if a little overworked (and hence slow) while I was there. Food is lovingly made and presented, and the small seating area tastefully transformed into a hip-feeling feel good joint. I'd return if I get back to S.D.

Pros: Great food quality, wholesome healthy ingredients, caring staff

Cons: limited parking

Amazing and Delicious - Edit

just Amazing. the food is delicious and freshly made, I had a Mediterranean wrap and my husband had the Norin wrap both were delicious and large portion sizes. key lime cheese cake is unbelievable, better than others I've had before going Vegan

Pros: delicious foods, great variety of vegan options, raw, organic

Cons: location, no parking, more of a take out place than dine in

Best raw food spot - Edit

I love this place. I've visited multiple times, both locations. I highly recommend them.

Being vegan is limiting considering the popularity of cooked meals. Places like this are a vegans treat.

If you are hungry and in San Diego give this place a try.

Pros: Variety , Raw vegan organic, Convinence

Cons: Price points deter new customers, They need a drive through location

Top Quality Raw Food, Friendly Staff - Edit

Went way out of my way to check out this raw restaurant near Ocean Beach....well worth it! Cute cafe with an amazing dessert case, fast service and raw food my omni boyfriend even liked! He ate 1/4 raw pizza (which was fantastic) and then heeled me eat a raw cinnamon roll and the key lime cheezecake with mango swirl which seriously put to shame most all other cheesecake I've ever had... Even before I went vegan. Aside from the food I felt great about supporting this place. The owners obviously love what they do and are passing on their great knowledge to the next generation. Friendly staff, solid recipes and lots of to go options in their fridge. Once again I leave a raw place stuffed after ordering too much food because I can't contain my excitement!

Pros: Yummy, Knowledgeable, Reasonable

Yummy and I'm not a raw person - Edit

Delicious enlightened food choices are offered. Yum. I don't think we always have to eat raw because it limits choices and flavors, but Peace Pies is so good that I might change my mind.

raw food San Diego - Edit

Peace pies! Great raw food in San Diego!

Pros: great food, organic nectars chocolate, raw, vegan, green!

Cons: none!

Great little place, nice staff :) - Edit

Yumm! This place has a delicious menu and alot more than pies! I had a mock tuna collard wrap that was delicious!! They have stuff "to-go" in case there as well. Also, high quality kombuchas and chocolates! Talked to the gal there for a while- who alos mentioned their larger location in Encinitas. Warm ambiance in place and welcoming vibe. I hope they get enough people in there to keep the place going!

Pros: Yummmy food, Friendly and knowledgeable workers, good value

Return to San Diego Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Peace Pies closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.