CLOSED: Part Time Su

02-28712002

13, 1F, Shidong Rd, Shilin District (at Zhongshan N Rd), Taipei, Taiwan, 11154

Casual atmosphere, staff speaks English. Offers vegan pizzas using vegan cheese (please double-check), 9-inch and 12-inch size. Variety of drinks. MAR 2016 REPORTED SHUT.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Pizza, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by mambous

Not Bad, Not Great Either - Edit

I was quite excited to see a “vegan” pizza restaurant open not far from my home, so felt a bit let down when I discovered that it wasn't vegan at all, and only a three pizzas out of a dozen or so are vegan (but they are clearly labelled). I have no idea why it was listed as vegan at first.

And I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed with my pizza. I ordered the “vegetable pizza with hot Korean sauce” (or something like that) and it was literally a dry pizza base covered with kimchi. I guess it was meant for two (being the large size) but I've never eaten that much kimchi in one sitting (as much as I love it) and I just couldn't get through it, and ended up eating the base on its own at the end. Perhaps the tomato or curry sauces might be better, but I'm in no hurry to go back and try them.

On the upside, staff were friendly and it had a nice vibe. The walk from Mingde Station was mostly along a river, and very pleasant.

This is another example of why I generally only order vegan pizza from vegan restaurants, so don't recommend So Free Pizza either. In my opinion the best pizza in Taipei is from @Peace Cafe (weekends only) in Xindian, but I understand Mianto also do an excellent one (I'm sure they do, given the quality of everything else I've had there) and so do Fresh Bakery, out east. If I were in this area I would eat in Beitou, probably at Yummy Vegan House (Qiyan Station).

PS Having just seen the previous person's review, I wish I'd known about the vegan cheese, but I didn't see any sign of it there, and it certainly wasn't on my pizza, and at that time it was listed as vegan, so not sure what the deal is there, but just to clarify only the first three on the menu are vegan.

Pros: vegan options labelled, pleasant interior, friendly and welcoming staff

Cons: only three vegan pizzas, a bit of a (pleasant) walk from the MRT

Yummy Pizzas - Edit

Visited this place June 2015.
Tried the margarita pizza and next day the mushroom pesto pizza... both were very good!!! Also tried this non-alchohol lemon malt which I liked.
The staff is friendly and also have free WiFi. Inexpensive.
Not disappointed.

Pros: 9" & 12" vegan Pizzas with vegan cheese, Nice friendly staff, Free WiFi,

Cons: none

JesseD 30 Jun 2015 - Hi Mambous
Sorry to ask this, but are you sure those pizzas were vegan, with vegan cheese? Taiwanese often confuse vegan and (lacto) vegetarian. I went tonight and there were only three options (tomato sauce, curry sauce and kimchi) and there was no mention of vegan cheese. And the restaurant was earlier listed as a vegan restaurant. So I hope this means that I missed something, or that it's changed, and not that you were duped into thinking your pizza was vegan!

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Part Time Su closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.