Parakeet Cafe

+1-858-412-5627

927 Silverado St (at Between Drury Ln and Girard Ave), La Jolla, California, USA, 92037

Serves meat, vegan options available. Well rounded menu with numerous clearly labeled vegan choices, including overnight oats, health breakfast bowl, avocado toast and others for breakfast. Vegan bowls are grilled vegetable, roasted greens and vegan protein bowl. Salads include raw kale, raw zucchini noodle and grilled beet. Vegan soups are tortilla, green soup and roast kabocha squash. Also has some vegan desserts. Open Mon-Sun 6:00am-7:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by Diet Coach

Gourmet food in a coffee shop - Edit

The food was surprisingly top notch and definitely not what we expected at a cafe. The chef even came out to ask us how our soups were. Deep flavors and packed with nutrients from the melange of vegetables.

The baker was out of town that day so we did not get to try any of the vegan baked goods however, we were fortunate to try the coconut yogurt bowl- yum!

Only complaint- place is tiny, as are the tables. Be prepared to sit close to strangers like at a big city joint. They left the door open (it can be chilly in December, even in SD) and we were freezing.

Good Clean Food - Edit

We visited twice in the 3 days we were in La Jolla. So hard for me when there are so many vegan options. The Grilled Vegetable Bowl was my first choice and my favorite (the buckwheat noodles were delicious). We also had the Mushroom Toast (which was more like a delicious large open face sandwich), and the Raw Zucchini Noodle Salad (which was lacking in flavor--glad I didn't order that first).

Pros: Clean and bright, Nice variety, Friendly and knowledgeable staff

Cons: Limited seating

Return to La Jolla Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Parakeet Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.