CLOSED: Pan

• Veg-friendly

Contact 905-687-8704

120 St Paul St (at Queen St), St Catharines, Ontario, Canada, L2R 3M2

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serving natural and simple breakfast, lunch, and brunch. Has vegetarian and gluten-free options. Tue-Fri 8am-4pm, Sat-Sun 9am-4pm. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by kelly16

more veg options at Pan - Edit

I love Pan as much as I do the owner Alex, who is a delight. Now with new and expanded options, vegan and vegetarian's can enjoy a wide selection (meat options are the minority). Largely local and organic, the menu still features her famous rice bowls -- now with two serving sizes to satisfy varying hunger levels and wallet sizes. Highly recommend.

I love this place - Edit

I have been cooking my own vegan food for a long time now. I am so happy to be able to roll out of bed, walk downtown and grab a tastey breakfast. I dont mind all the oldschool tofu dishes, some new selection would be great. I love the artwork and the nice clean open look. Even the bathrooms are spotless. Service has always been fantastic. The chairs kinda suck tho, they seem a little weak like if you lean back its gonna snap. Also, if you do drive there, parking on a weekday is gonna cost you and sometimes spots are hard to find.

Pros: everything, everything, and everything

Cons: parking

Great and downtown - Edit

I have been to Pan twice now, first time I got the ratatouille and the last time the scrambled tofu. Both were great. Cook and servers are extremely nice and friendly and the atmosphere is very nice with tons of brochures and pamphlets about happenings in the local area. I would recommend it to anyone, I have taken my vegetarian g/f and an meat eating friend and they enjoyed it as well. The menu could use a little more inspiration, but that is just being picky.

Pros: Good food , Friendly staff , Engaged locally

Cons: Menu could improve

A Welcome Addition to the City - Edit

I enjoy Pan very much - great atmosphere, fresh food, nice art on the walls, good music, friendly service. A true oasis in a downtown area that doesn't offer very to people who enjoy urban life. My one issue is that the vegetarian / vegan options pretty much all are based on big portions of tofu - an old-skool approach to vegetarian eating that I find a bit uninspiring after a while. That said, the ratatouille is one really nice option for those suffering from tofu overload.

Amazing! - Edit

Pan is excellent, especially for brunch! The scramble tofu is delicious, as well as the Eggs Brian, both vegan options. It is nice to find a restaurant which has options for both vegan, vegetarian and meat eaters. Atmosphere is nice, with local art. Also a great selection of coffee and teas. I always feel good after leaving as the food is so fresh and delicious. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Pros: tofu scramble!, reasonable prices

Cons: not open nights, limited parking

Return to St Catharines Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Pan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 398 times since Mar 2008.