Organic Cafe Soil

n/a

2-25-43 Achi, Kurashiki, Japan

Serves meat, vegan options available. Modern cafe in the Kurashiki Bikan area with bilingual menu including marked vegan items, such as purple potato salad, vegetable sandwich, grilled vegetables, veggie curry, soy parfait, soy ice cream, and banana cake. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by CarlyHitchcock

Vegan available - Edit

This beautiful cafe invites you to linger. delicious. It has a large selection of vegan dishes. everything was delicious and lovingly prepared. This cafe can be highly recommended.

Diamond in the Beauty - Edit

This is an amazing vegan-friendly restaurant in one of Japan's most beautiful places. Any time I come to Soil, their combination of great service, unique food, and atmosphere always are an important part of my time in Kurashiki.
Especially the vegan sandwiches(which is a rarity in Japan) are amazing.

Don't miss out on the 2nd floor bar, maybe the best hidden spot in Kurashiki.

Pros: Vegan Restaurant in Bikan Quarter, Amazing Food, Amazing Staff

Awesome Kurashiki Cafe - Edit

The curry here is excellent among a bunch of things. Also the store is new and continues to experiment with different things to improve the menu.

The staff are also extremely friendly and it feels great to just sit and eat here.

Also, on Saturday nights they open the bar on the second floor for a kind of bar setting which is wonderful.

I feel very lucky to have stumbled on this place in Kurashiki and whenever I have time in the city I go there.

Pros: Great location, Kind staff, Vegan labels on the menu

Cons: VERY rarely it can get really busy

Amazing modern Japanese fusion cafe with vegan options - Edit

This beautiful and trendy cafe is located right at the entrance of the traditional Bikan area in Kurashiki. We stumbled upon this cafe after not finding anything on Happy Cow, and were so happy to be able to add this to the list of vegan-friendly spots in Okayama!

Trendy interior inspired by the traditional architecture, organic, local vegetables and delicious vegan options. All vegan meals have the vegan symbol. We ate here 4 times in the 2 days we were in Kurashiki (the staff were very amused and kind about our frequent visits!) Staff speak a little English and the menu is fully bilingual. Some of the best, healthy vegan food and desserts we’ve had in a while! We had every vegan option on the menu. Our recommendations are the curry, grilled veggies, bread, veggie sandwich and soy cream dessert. Check out our pics!

Pros: only restaurant with vegan options in the Bikan ar, English menu, Organic, local veggies

Return to Kurashiki Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Organic Cafe Soil closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.