First Review by KrissiJohn

great value - Edit

I have to say the prices and portion here are a bargain for the size and quality.
I had a little tear in my eye after the demise of the red triangle and it was good to hear it was for retirement reasons rather that business.
Very similar set up with a small menu which was about 60-70% vegan. Speaking to the staff they are taking it easy to start and looking to expand the menu as it grows.
We had the falafel wrap, a side of chips and sweet and sour tofu. The sweet and sour tasted like a jar but was decent and great value at a fiver. The wrap was spicy and the chips were real, not fromA packet.
Hope it all works out for them.

Pros: staff, food, value

Great Vegan Options In Burnley - Edit

I rarely go to Burnley but now I have no excuse not to, the food was so good, definitely will return. A small shop front is easily missed at 160 St James Street, but a lovely cosy feel to the cafe, with a big wood burning fire to keep you warm on a cold and blustery Wednesday lunchtime.

I ordered a falafel wrap with chips and my husband the vegan tofu stir fry, then a piece of vegan Victoria sponge cake for afters. The food was absolutely delicious and the cake was to die for... What a find, can't wait to go back.

Pros: Vegan options, Gluten free & vegan options, Vegan cheese & cakes

Vegetarian hidden gem, great cafe - Edit

Saw this pop up on Happy Cow, delighted as it’s in my home town - that’s now a vegan cafe and a vegetarian cafe that have opened in Burnley in the same month! I never went to the Red Triangle but it’s where the former vegetarian cafe was.

It’s a ‘blink and you miss it’ spot. We walked past it a couple of times before finding it. Aptly named ‘one sixty’ and is situated on 160 St James’ Street.

They have a normal menu plus a specials board.

Everything on the menu was either vegan or adaptable to vegan apart from the halloumi burger, everything on the specials board could be made vegan and from the display cabinet nothing was vegan apart from the banana bread. I would say it would be great to offer vegan cakes as well as vegetarian!

We ordered a latte and a flat white, they do both oat and soya milk for vegans.

My husband (omnivore) and I both ordered everything completely vegan and loved our food! Between us we had Mac and cheese which came with black pudding and was tasty and garlicky and the specials; Thai burger (yummy and spicy), sweet potato wedges (perfectly cooked with great flavour), pancakes and bananas - the best I have had since being vegan! Absolutely delicious. The bananas were caramelised and so flavoursome. You could’ve had blueberries instead. Can’t wait to have this again. Also took home some banana bread, again was lovely.

For everything, plus another flat white it was £25.10. Very reasonable!

Inside there is a wood burner which creates a cosy feel. There are 5 tables to sit at. Nice atmosphere with music playing in the background. Staff were friendly. They’re planning to do art events in the future!

2 unisex toilets are situated upstairs.

I assume it’s dog friendly as there was an adorable 6 week old patterdale puppy in with a family when we were there.

Pros: Delicious , Central , Reasonable prices

Cons: Not fully vegan , Could’ve had vegan cakes , Unisex toilets

warm and friendly atmosphere - Edit

Cute little café in Burnley. Almost half of their menu is either already vegan or available in a vegan version. Warm and relaxed atmosphere with a fireplace. Dogs are allowed.
Had the vegan mac & cheese and I am happy to report that it was delicious (though maybe a bit garlic heavy, so make sure your date eats some, too)

Pros: delicious, inexpensive, dog friendly

Cons: none

Return to Burnley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has One Sixty closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.