Little Barista

+44-1282831279

7 Howe Walk, Burnley, England, BB11 1QB

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic coffee shop with dairy free milks such as coconut, almond and soy. Has daily changing cakes which always include vegan options. Offers a variety of pre-packed sandwiches including vegan ones, and will make sandwiches fresh upon request using vegan Violife cheese. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:30pm, Sun 10:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery, British, European, Café , Non-veg

First Review by sarahw80

Lovely independent cafe with multiple vegan cakes - Edit

Found this on happy cow even though I live in Burnley, I’d not been here before.

Stopped here for breakfast/lunch/brunch with my husband (omnivore).

The staff were very helpful and explained all the vegan options. There was toast with butter, jam or marmalade, cheese and onion/tomato toasties, soups, banana bread and several cakes. There were also smoothies and a few alternative milks. I opted for toast (gluten free), a soy chai latte and also took away a flapjack, a chocolate and walnut brownie plus a blueberry caramel crumble cake. He got a panini, soup, americano and a cake. Everything came to £25.

I asked for avocado but they don’t do it! A vegan menu would’ve been helpful rather than relying on memory when trying to choose. Also the chai latte was served with a non-vegan biscuit on the side, luckily I checked!

There was fruit water available to help yourself with, with lemon, mint and orange.

The service was quick and the staff were great. My change was calculated wrong but they corrected it straight away and apologised.

Outdoor seating is also available, and they’re in a great location in the town centre.

We both thoroughly enjoyed our food and drinks, I would recommend it and I would come back!

Pros: Lots of delicious vegan cake, Vegan butter and cheese available , Alternative milks, hot chocolate and chai latte

Cons: Not fully vegan

pretty depressing - Edit

Mixed emotions because the staff tried hard but overall it's hard to recommend.
Long story but the main thing was vegan options available, vegan cheese toastie! So limited but I ordered my other half got the soup which was vegan.
After ten minutes I was told there had been a rush on vegan bread in the morning and they had none left so they're were trying to source some. Decent service.
Another 15 minutes and someone returned with and M&S loaf. At least hey made the effort. Eventually after 50 minutes my lifeless peely wally toastie turned up looking like it needed the kiss of life. My other half a soup turned up with a different bread than mine?
This is one of her reasons I'm beginning to hate vegan cheese and meat as people have no idea about what they offer in terms of nutritional value.
At the end a member of staff apologized again and offered free desert saying there was even one which non vegans liked. Really nice but a bit late.
I forgot to mention the constant Bob Marley, what is it with Burnley, still think you a total hipster if Bob Marley is playing. The circulation closed years ago, get over it.

Pros: staff

Cons: very limited, Bob Marley

Nice food - Edit

Toasties can be made to order with vegan cheese. The toasties were lovely, as was the smoothie.

Only issue was waiting time, I think it could be improved. Took nearly half an hour for 2 toasties to be made, even on a quiet day

Pros: Good food, Organic

Cons: Quite a large waiting time

Vegan Cake! - Edit

This is a lovely coffee shop, the staff are so friendly and helpful and explained what was vegan, on the day I visited they had 6 different vegan cakes, I only popped in for a cake to takeaway but they also have several plant milk options and the hot chocolate is vegan as well.

Pros: Vegan cake, Friendly staff, Relaxed atmosphere

Return to Burnley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Little Barista closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.