On Orange

Contact 717-299-5157

108 W Orange St, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA, 17603

Serves meat, vegan options available. Breakfast and brunch food. The Swedish pancakes and waffles could be made vegan for an additional charge. Also has veggie sausage side. Prices cheap to moderate. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-1:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by justathought1988

ehhhhh - Edit

This morning my significant other was looking for a place to catch some breakfast jawn and stumbled upon On Orange. After going over the awesome reviews online for this place we decided to try it out, mostly for the pancakes/waffles. So if you're thinking "WAFFLES", NOPE. They have changed their ways, as they apparently end up sticking to the waffle maker.
Pancakes were pretty goopy, basically oatmeal that was thrown on a hot griddle for 5 minutes. I've searched online as to what swedish pancakes are and I can't find a comparison between the recipes/pictures and On Orange's variation. They were certainly not fluffy. Service was fine and the ambiance was lovely and had a rustic setting. We didn't try anything else though, so my only recommendation is: one pancake will fill you up.
Updated from previous review on Saturday February 27, 2016

Pros: pancakes are very filling

Cons: pancakes are basically oatmeal withcrust

Delicious Vegan Pancakes, Waffles, And Sausage - Edit

On Orange is a quaint, rustuc, welcoming restaurant that features delicious vegan, Swedish pancakes, waffles, and sausage patties. The Swedish style is very heavy and fillling, so 2 pancakes are plenty. They come with Earth Balance, apple sauce, and, maple syrup. Service was excellent. With the check they provided a small bowl of vegan chocolate covered espresso beans. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that there were not more vegan choices. I recommend adding tofu scramble.

Pros: Food Quality, Price, Service

Cons: Limited Vegan Options

Great Breakfast - Edit

Cozy place with a very friendly staff. The vegan pancakes and waffles are both very delicious and filling. The vegan sausage is pretty good also. There are a few other options as well, many are vegetarian but few others are vegan.

Street side parking is a bit of a pain, but Orange Street is usually not terribly crowded.

Pros: Delicious, Serving Size

Cons: Limited Variety, Street Side Parking

Easy to be Vegan at On Orange - Edit

I had potatoes with veggies at On Orange with Indian Hot Sauce on the side and a side of vegan sausage. Everything was fresh and delicious! I will definitely go back!!

Pros: good food, good price, tasteful artsy cozy atmosphere

Cons: on street parking

Amazing vegan breakfast! - Edit

On Orange is a very cool little niche restaurant in downtown Lancaster. They understand the needs of vegans and clearly mark what is vegan friendly. This is a great place to take your meat eating friends for breakfast. I recommend the pancakes.

Pros: Separate vegan menu, Great atmosphere, Friggin' delicious

Cons: I wish they would serve dinner

Amazing - Edit

There was a wait when we arrived because it is a very cute smaller place. We were greeted by friendly staff who asked us if wanted a drink while we waited for a table. I enjoyed my lunch here. The waitress we had was so nice and really helped us learn about the best places to visit in the area. She even drew us a map so we knew how to get to the market. I was brought here by the internet. I looked up vegan Lancaster and on orange appeared. I had the vegan pancakes which were so amazing I am still thinking about them months later. I also had a side of the vegan sausage. I ate every bite of food. Amazing. I can't wait to visit again and eat here.

Pros: friendly staff, vegan pancakes, cute place

Best veg-friendly spot I've been to in Lancaster - Edit

I just had their vegan breakfast today and it was absolutely fantastic.I had two pancakes, a vegan sausage, and some fruit on the side. It was all delicious and I will definitely go back again. If Happy Cow would let me give 5 stars, I would!

Pros: Delicious, Good atmosphere, Friendly staff

Cons: A bit pricy, Only open for breakfast and lunch

Return to Lancaster Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has On Orange closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2541 times since Apr 2012.