Nectar

• Friend
Contact 828-412-3277

853 Merrimon Ave, Asheville, North Carolina, USA, 28804

Serves farm-to-table plant-based meals including raw food as well cooked plus fresh cold pressed juices. Also offers grab and go meals and cooking classes. Since Oct 2015. Upstairs is its sister business Veda Studios which offers yoga, dance classes, massage, and acupuncture. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Pizza, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Bakery, Catering

First Review by LaurenV

Love This Place! - Edit

Nectar is a slice of heaven! From the moment you walk in you get an uplifting, positive vibe and a friendly smile (plus some good tunes!). But of course the food is what it is all about and Tim never disappoints. Literally everything I have gotten here is amazing and you can tell that they pour love and good energy into each dish. I live about a ½ mile away and this place can be dangerous- makes me not want to cook in again:)

Pros: Delicious, GF and DF, Great Staff and Atmosphere

Attention Raw Vegans - Edit

This place is amazing. The food is so healthy and delicious and all presented beautifully.
If you are a raw or gluten free vegan this place has SO MANY options for y'all! (I.e. Yes, you can have more than a salad).
They compost napkins - importance of sustainability

fantastic healthy food - Edit

Impressed with Nectar! The place has such a great vibe and the food is delicious. And the fresh juices and smoothies are creative and tasty. I was a little hesitant as I have past impressions of "raw" vegan restaurants and it isn't favorable but Nectar won me over. I love that they serve all meals; breakfast, lunch, and dinner plus a grab and go fridge.

Pros: great vibe , creative options, all vegan!

Cons: a little far from downtown

So Good! - Edit

I was so excited to go to Nectar tonight and I am not disappointed! I couldn't make up my mind so I got the Pizza Pesto to eat there and the macaroni and cheese to take home and eat for lunch tomorrow. I also ordered the Sunny Kale juice which I didn't realize was $8 but decided to splurge anyway. I never dreamed that any non-alcoholic drink would be worth $8 but this was incredible! And my Pizza Pesto was one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. I only tasted the Mac and cheese because it is tomorrow's lunch but that seemed to be wonderful as well. I left there feeling very full and happy - I can't wait to go there again!

Pros: Moderately priced, Good sized portions, Delicious

Came for lunch from Tennessee - Edit

I happened to be in town and sought out this place as it had been recommended.

Welcoming staff brought my food right away. Had the three comfort food combo.

Great food. Clean restaurant. Friendly staff. I will be back next time I am in town.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday January 27, 2016

Pros: Excellent food, friendly staff

First Visit was Good - Edit

This new restaurant and juice bar has a very welcoming environment. Located in north Asheville and on the ground level of a building that houses a yoga studio upstairs. I was greeted by the owner, Tim, when I walked in and a large, readable menu board is well laid out! They also have printed menus. I ordered a small cup of chili which was fantastic. It had a drizzle of avocado crema and some pico. Really flavorful and packed with beans! The menu is diverse and would appeal to anyone. Seating is comfortable.

Pros: Nice environment, Great menu, Fresh food

Cons: Not especially convenient location

Return to Asheville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nectar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.