First Review by cringer

WOW - Edit

I had the chocolate almond milk vegan ice cream and it was absolutely to die for. I honestly thought they made a mistake and served me real ice cream when I tasted it. It was that creamy and realistic (or at least to what I remembered). If you are a coffee person get your ice cream with an espresso shot poured over it. I was in absolute heaven here and will definitely come back the next time I am in Asheville. They had I think four or five vegan flavors and there was a lot of people ordering them which made me happy.

They also have new vegan coconut whipped cream!

Pros: So yummy

The best vegan ice cream I have ever had. - Edit

I went to the creamery for their one year celebration and was able to get a free scoop. I took a taste of the Sierra Nevada flavor they had but ended up getting a bourbon banana flavor. I cannot even describe how awesome this ice cream was. The flavor was so interesting and complex, rich and creamy. I was in heaven. I am also so happy with how experimental the flavors were!

Love This Place - Edit

Great locally owned ice cream shop with a good many vegan options, including coconut milk "whipped cream". The chocolate banana is my fave flavor! They also make vegan birthday cakes on request! Great ice cream and a great asset to the Asheville community!

Pros: Yummy Ice Cream, Vegan Options, Friendly Staff

Cons: None!

Great selection! - Edit

Love love love this place!! So many vegan ice cream options with a wide variety of milk bases. They also offer vegan caramel sauce and coconut milk whip cream with lots of other toppings. I had strawberry balsamic coconut milk ice cream sundae style and it was so delicious. The staff was super friendly and fun. Can't wait to go there again!

Pros: Wide selection, Friendly staff, Creative flavors

the hop - Edit

Very pleased with the vegan ice cream selections. Had the chocolate banana ice cream in a cake cone. They also offer vegan shakes. Considering I only get vegan ice cream a few times a year this was a nice surprise. Thanks the hop for having vegan options.

Just okay - Edit

While I really appreciate an ice cream place having multiple vegan options (they had about 8 when I was there!), the three flavors I tried really just tasted like flavored ice. The staff was very friendly, and knew exactly what was vegan on the menu. If I was in town longer, I might give it another shot and try something different.

Pros: Lots of options, Friendly/knowledgable staff

Cons: Weak flavors

Love it. - Edit

Tasty vegan options every day. And they change up often. Milkshakes, ice cream cones, banana splits, and more. The Hop sure does serve up a nice treat.

Pros: Plenty of parking, Great options, Friendly

Best Vegan Ice Cream in Town - Edit

The Hop is by far the best vegan frienldly ice cream shop in town. They usually have 3-5 options to choose from and they use almond milk and soy milk. PLus they are puppy friendly and you can bring your pup inside with you!

Pros: Cheap, good value , dog friendly

Return to Asheville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Hop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1219 times since Aug 2011.