Asheville Pizza and Brewing

Contact 828-254-1281

675 Merrimon Ave, Asheville, North Carolina, USA, 28804

Serves meat, vegan options available. Reported to offer Daiya cheese starting end of October 2013. Besides that, has a number of vegan choices and also items that can be made vegan. As of November 2013, there are two other locations in Asheville. Family-friendly restaurant with a movie theater, showing family movies, and large video game room. Unique menu item names and a fun atmosphere. Open .

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by kayladcall

Yummy Pizza! - Edit

We really liked the pizza here. We got vegan cheese, artichoke hearts, spinach and pineapple and really enjoyed it. A local friend suggested the peppercorn crust, said it makes you feel like you are eating pepperoni pizza! We'll try that next time. We got an order of fries and some cider as well. Service was great, we sat out on the patio. I wish there had been a good movie playing while we were there! We'll definitely come back next time we're in town.

Pros: vegan pizza, lots of parking, $3 movies!

Cons: serves meat

Seemed like a necessary place to try. - Edit

Being the only vegan in several groups of friends, I am often brought to different restaurants where I have to find something creative to eat/ask all the questions. Here, it was rather easy to find something. The gluten free crust is vegan. They also have daiya cheese and lots of veggies. You can only add three toppings to the gluten free pizza, which sucks, but it is what it is.

This place is not somewhere to go if you want to eat healthy. The fries and other sides are vegan, but they are very greasy. Good, but greasy. I think this place is okay for a splurge, but I am not terribly excited to go back.

Good vegan pizza - Edit

There is a satellite location in south Asheville, mostly for take-out. The gluten-free crust is decent, and they use Daiya vegan cheese, if you ask for it. The vegetables are fresh, and the service is always great!

Pros: Convenient and Friendly

Good place to spend time. - Edit

The Merrimon Ave APBC is a great place to spend an evening (or afternoon). They have a theater with all tickets costing $3 and a decent list of vegan options. The nachos are great and come with black beans, tofu, daiya, tomatoes, and jalapenos, or you can just get a pizza. The theater has bars in it, so you can order and eat your dinner while watching a movie.

Pros: Daiya, Friendly staff

Return to Asheville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Asheville Pizza and Brewing closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1662 times since Nov 2013.