First Review by tablemoonspoons

It was Okay - Edit

I got fried rice, and my partner got some noodles. Not much vegan variety, and everything is mostly just covered in oil and salt. The portions weren't big enough and the waiter didn't really know what vegan meant. But the place was clean, they were kind, and we got some food in our stomachs.

Pros: Clean, Kind Service

Cons: VERY Oily

Yummy! - Edit

They have an all vegan menu by the door that you can grab on your way in, they also have a gluten free menu. Everything I have tried there has been great, especially the General Chow's Vegan Chicken and the Mango Vegan Chicken.

Pros: Vegan menu!, Yummy food

Ok, but wouldn't go back. - Edit

Nancy Chang's has been on my 'must visit list' for awhile. We aren't often in the area and last time we opted to try Loving Hut which was good.

Parking was easy at Nancy's. The restaurant is quite large and I was looking forward to the separate vegan menu. When they seated us, we both noted that there was some rice and sauce left on the table that they had clearly not washed before seating us.

The menu had plenty of vegan options which was great. We ordered steamed dumplings, General Ghow's Chicken, and Chicken Lo Mein. The dumplings were alright. They didn't provide a dipping sauce, so we made our own with the soy sauce, chile, and hot mustard at the table. The lo mein was nice, but lacking in vegetables. Both of us found the faux chicken to be off putting. The General chicken had lots of chili peppers, but wasn't spicy at all and the texture was also very weird.

We love Grasshopper in Boston and also Veggie Fun in Providence. I though Loving Hut was quite good. I'm not sure if Nancy Chang's had an off day or if this is standard. Don't think we would try it again with other options in the area.

Pros: Lots of options, Great for an mixed omni/vegan crowd

Cons: mediocre food

Good restaurant for vegans, diabetics, and gluten - Edit

This would be rated as a good Chinese restaurant by most everyone. However, I was impressed that the menu has a full page of vegan meals, a full page of meals for diabetics, and another page for non-gluten meals. The food was very good. My non-vegan dining companion also reported that her non-vegan choices were also tasty.

The two members of the waitstaff I dealt with seemed inexperienced. They were very polite and tried hard, but seemed unsure of several menu items. That is a small complaint, however. Overall, I liked the place and will be back.

Pros: Lots of vegan choices, Tasty food, Fast service

Local Favorite - Edit

This is my Mom and I's favorite restaurant that we started going to a little over a year ago. I'm vegan and LOVE the fact that they have a separate and lengthy menu. I've been there 5-6 times and for the most part the food has been very good. It's not too greasy and I still feel great after I eat there.
I've only had an issue once with the waitstaff and that was maybe a few weeks ago. He argued with me over making the General Tso's less spicy, when I've had it before and had no issues. It came out with hot peppers in it. He also argued with me about ordering a side dish of mixed veggies and tried to sell me on getting the mixed veggie entree because it would be cheaper in the long run. I didn't want all the extra food. Oh well, the other waiters I've had have been very nice.
It can get pretty crazy in there around dinner time and very loud.

Pros: Delicious food, Vegan knowledgable, Quick take-out

Cons: Too much mock meat, Dishes have shrunken and prices have ris, Always busy

OK for vegans, great for non. - Edit

if you want to go to a very nice and higher end chinese food place and have a few good options once in a while, this is a good bet, a winner if your eating out with a die hard meat eater, as a normal restaurant they are great, the atmostphere is very nice. youll probably be eating a veggie/rice type of meal with a fake meat. not the cheapest but the atmosphere is almost worth it.

Return to Worcester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nancy Chang closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1772 times since Aug 2007.