Loving Hut - Chandler St

Contact 508-459-0367

415 Chandler St, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA, 01602

Worcester vegan restaurant serving vegetarian Chinese cuisine. Formerly Buddha Hut, now an official branch of Loving Hut international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Chinese, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by jagreene3

Deep fried ice cream??!?!?!?!?!!? - Edit

So I've been to a few Loving Huts and always enjoy that each one is similar but will have certain local specialties on the menu. We enjoyed a variety of Asian style dishes. Some of the appetizers were pretty greasy but sometimes we all just need some of that in our lives. My favourite part was on their special board they had "deep fried ice cream". Being a vegan I have never had the chance to try that before. I was not disappointed. My son and I each ordered one in both flavours. Chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Yup, best thing I ever put in my face. Ask my husband, I made inappropriate noises at the table while enjoying this amazing dish. GO!

Pros: DEEP FRIED ICE CREAM!!!!!!, Decent sized seating area

good food, good service - Edit

I wish there was a bit more variety in cuisine options, the large amount of Thai options was overwhelming and could be evened out with some vegan cheeseburgers or chick'n tenders with vegan honey mustard (as I've seen with other Loving Huts). Also, the coconut coffee smoothie with boba was amazing.

Pros: large restaurant , ample seating, decent neighbourhood

Cons: mostly Thai options, not a lot of street parking

awesome food and wonderful owners! - Edit

My family and I love this place. We have been to about 30 Loving Huts across the country and this is one of our fav. The food is good and the owners are wonderful! They really care about introducing people to vegan food. They are always involved in different outlets to get the message out and I dig that about them. Sometimes doing shows and not making any money but spreading the word that vegan food is not only delicious but a necessity for the animals.

We just spent a week in Worcester and are there everyday. We tried their Pho soup, Kung Pow Wow, vermicelli veggie plate, lemon grass soy plate, Wong ton soup, stir fries veggies, and more and All of it was very good. Plus the food comes out fast.
We also tried their puddings, carrot cake and chocolate cakes. My fav was the corn pudding.

Thank you south got feeding us so well while in town!

LOVED it - Edit

My boyfriend (who eats meat) and I went(a vegan) here a few months ago and it was FABULOUS! We originally After serious contemplation I got veggie lo mein and orange chicken. It was impeccable. The orange chicken actually tasted better as left overs for some reason. Any ways, it is quite tried some at VegFest in Boston and loved it so much we decided to dine at the restaurant. It was possibly the best chinese food I have ever had, especially since becoming vegan. My boyfriend got fried rice, broccoli, and tempeh. He said the rice was so good he is put off from rice anywhere else. I have been meaning to make it back there soon because boy do I crave it! Can't wait to go back and try something else! (and take the orange chicken home for left overs =]).

Pros: Awesome food, Well-Priced, Cute Atmosphere

Cons: I don't think they serve alcohol

Not feeling the love - Edit

I have visited Loving Hut several times as well as eating their fare at the various vegfests. They rely heavily on faux meat dishes and this is fine for some but it gets old. There seems to be a decline in the quality recently and my dish was all but unedible. Disappointing.

Pros: price, portions, all vegan

Cons: quality, menu versatility

All about the price - Edit

Had dinner here on a weekday. They have a big but boring menu, ALL fake meat, not that healthy after all. The rice that came with the entrees was so little that you could literally finish in three spoonfuls. But then it was very cheap, taste was OK too. I would just avoid the eggplant dishes because ours was so oily that I had to steep them in water first.

Pros: cheap

Cons: tiny rice portion, all fake meat

vegan oasis in Worcester - Edit

We enjoyed dinner today at Loving Hut--delicious appetizers, soup, and entrees, great service, plus an enjoyable chat with the very friendly owner. The menu includes lovely color photos that are representative of the dishes served. Will definitely return during stay and whenever we are in the area.

Pros: very good food, friendly staff, cozy, clean cafe

a favorite! - Edit

We have been going to the Loving Hut (formerly Buddha Hut) since it opened. The restaurant is clean, bright and the service is extremely friendly. Everything we have tried so far has been very tasty. The menu is extensive and they now have a new menu with photos of the food, which is helpful! The food quality is consistent and we keep going back for more.... in the vegan wasteland of Worcester, this is the perfect oasis :-)

Pros: large menu, good value, friendly staff

great food. great service. - Edit

Very happy to find this place in Worcester. The food is great and so is the service. I have tried a chicken dish and a beef dish, both chinese. they also have veggie burgers, dogs, and meatballs on the menue. The atmosphere is clean and cozy. The place is large for a veggie establishment which is nice. The lunch specials are very reasonable.

Excellent food, nice staff, cute interior - Edit

For over 10 years now, I've eaten at Quan Yin whenever I was in Worcester and was craving some tasty mock-meat dishes. We recently ate at Budda Hut, the sister restaurant of Quan Yin, and were pleasantly surprised. Buddha Hut is more spacious than Quan Yin, and it's very quaintly decorated. Each table had a fresh flower vase! To start off our meal, my husband and I shared the appetizer sampler and a cup of the Italian meatball soup. The mock-meat appetizers were really flavorful. The Italian meatball soup was delicious, too, although it tasted more like a regular veggie soup than the "Italian wedding soup" that I had imagined. For our entrees, I ordered the "salmon" w/Chinese broccoli special from the specials board, and my husband ordered a "chicken" with broccoli dish. Both were very delicious and satisfying. We had hoped to try a slice of their vegan cake, but they were sold out at the time. We had a great experience at Buddha Hut and are looking forward to going back again the next time we are craving mock-meats. Also, just like at Quan Yin, you get to watch propaganda videos of the Supreme Master Ching Hai while you eat!

Pros: delicious food, friendly waitstaff, cute interior

Incredible! - Edit

I love this place. The food is always perfect, no matter what I get. Always, always just what I am craving. The people who run this place are so lovely and sweet and it has quite a pleasant atmosphere. I love coming here and chowing down with friends. I have tried many of the regular menu items but, silly me, I have yet to try one of the specials, even though they always sound so mouth-wateringly delicious. One of these days...

Pros: delicious food!, friendly service, inexpensive

StART at the Park - Edit

The owners set up a booth at the StART in the Park and the food was wonderful. I agree with the other reviewer, the drumstick were great. I plan to eat there soon and will do a better review.

Pros: friendly, delicious food

A Wonderful Restaurant! - Edit

After being a long-time customer of the Quan Yin, I was very excited when I found out that the owners were opening a second restaurant, Buddah Hut.

I've been there a few times, and I love it! The food is amazing and all completely vegan! The staff is friendly, and the atmosphere is very relaxed.

Even most of the omnivores I know who have eaten there tell me that the food is excellent!

I personally am a huge fan of their drumsticks, as well as their 'seafood' dishes. Their smoothies are pretty impressive as well. Everything is very yummy. ^^

Pros: Great Food, Inexpensive, Great Service

quality food, reasonably priced, friendly service - Edit

Great new place. Clean, nice environs. Very friendly staff. Only tried a few menu items & am satisfied. Yes, plenty of faux-meat, but also stuff for those of us who avoid that & go straight for the tofu & veggies. Excellent miso veg seaweed soup, steamed spring rolls & dumplings. I visit often.

Pros: food quality, service, price

Return to Worcester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Chandler St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5018 times since Apr 2008.