Ms. Cupcake

• Bakery Bakery
  • Vegan
+44-2030868933

408 Coldharbour Lane, Brixton, South West London, England, SW9 8LF

Cupcake cafe. The Ms. Cupcake character is a 1950s housewife with a dream to bring vegan cakes, brownies, cookies, tray-bakes, loaf to the masses. Makes both savory and sweet baked goods. Hosts baking and cake decorating classes. Open Mon-Wed 10:00am-7:00pm, Thu-Sat 10:00am-8:00pm, Sun 10:00am-7:00pm.

First Review by SaraVegan

Vegan Cupcake - Edit

Very easy to find, at the one of main roads in Brixton. Went there today while visiting family in London. The staff was very friendly and smiling. Especially the Italian guy behind the counter. Unfortunately the icing is way too sweet. And I really like sugar haha I don't really like to complain about vegan places. I honestly wish them all the best and want to see more of them around the globe. But it has to be shared. Good luck guys and next time less sugar please

Ms. Cupcake 23 Mar 2017 - Hi Synneve!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our bakery! That's great to hear our staff treated you so well, we'll be sure to let them know you gave them a big thumbs up!

We love the sweet stuff at Ms. Cupcake and we pride ourselves on how rich and decadent our cupcakes are! However, we totally get that it's not everyone's cup of tea, so we have loads of less sweet treats always in store.

We'd love to have you pop by again and try one of our muffins, cookies or one of our savoury treats. Hope to see you again soon!

Best Milkshake I've Tasted - Edit

I stumbled across this place in Brixton while having a wonder around. It was near closing time at Ms. Cupcake and I seen their menu for the milkshakes so I went in and had a very tasty delicious milkshake. Best tasting milkshake I have had and I can't wait to go back and have another! Staff were very friendly and service was good. I was served by a lovely female staff member called Smulan she was very friendly and added a lovely smile, as were the other staff members very friendly and attentive. This place was very clean and well presented and I can't wait to come back here.

Pros: Location, Friendly Staff, Tasty Milkshakes

Ms. Cupcake 23 Mar 2017 - Hi Dom!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review - sorry we are only replying to you now! We'll tell Smulan you gave her a shout out and btw great choice with the milkshake, we love them too!! See ya again soon! x

Brilliant in Brixton - Edit

We were here only for a short while, and Id heard these guys did amazing pastries.
Unfortunately I was too early for them, so they offered me a scone and a sandwich instead.
They were both pretty good, even tho Im generally not a fan of 'mock' meats.
And then I spied the Ferrero Roche cupcake.
If you only buy one thing at this bakery, buy that cupcake.
Its so good!!

Ms. Cupcake 01 Aug 2016 - Hi Nik,

Thank you SO much for taking the time to write a review of our bakery. The Ferrero cupcake is a great recommendation - it's one of our best sellers! See ya soon!! xx

Great Cupcakes - Edit

We popped into Brixton this afternoon to try Ms Cupcake's lovely cupcakes for the first time. Most impressed with the cakes although a bit on the pricey side.

Pros: lovely looking, lovely tasting

Cons: expensive

Ms. Cupcake 01 Aug 2016 - Lovely to hear you enjoyed the cakes, Karen! You may want to consider coming on a Monday next time (if you can make it). Our cupcakes are 50p each less every Monday. Hopefully see you back at the bakery. Lots of love, Ms. C xx

vegan treats - Edit

This wasn't terribly central but we made a trip there to grab some vegan baked goods. Had a lot more than cupcakes, including cookie sandwiches and brownies, as well as a small vegan food for sale section. The cupcake was an okay vegan cupcake but nothing special. We enjoyed the cookie sandwich more although it was heavy on the icing.

Pros: vegan desserts, can buy vegan groceries

Cons: not necessarily easy to get to, not in best area, calls itself "café" but only a couple of seats and

Ms. Cupcake 01 Aug 2016 - Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to write up your feedback. We're glad that you discovered our wide-range of vegan groceries and confectionery. We would love to see you back at the bakery next time in London - we'd love to give you another opportunity to fall in love with the cupcakes. All the best, Ms. Cupcake xx

Our vegan wedding cake - Edit

I first met my partner in Ms Cupcake, so it was the obvious choice for our wedding cake. We ordered the biggest possible 3 layer rectangular vanilla cake with jam and vanilla buttercream in advance for our wedding. We had our photo printed on icing on the top of the cake. On arrival for collection we were asked if we wanted glitter. We were so happy, we definitely wanted glitter! Our wedding guests enjoyed the cake. Our non vegan guests were surprised at how like non vegan cake it was. Totally delicious! The best cake! Very very happy!

Pros: Resonably priced wedding cake, Utterly delcious cake, Friendly helpful staff

Ms. Cupcake 01 Aug 2016 - Wow, what an amazing story! Thank you so much for sharing. We are so happy that y'all loved the cake. We'll definitely pass on this feedback at the next staff meeting. Much love and congratulations, Ms. C xx

THE place for vegan treats! - Edit

All the staff are very cheerful and friendly, even when they're busy, and they take a lot of care to make your visit special. 'Ms Cupcake' herself is probably the jolliest woman I've ever met. The cupcakes and cookies are enormous, moist and delicious, with a massive range of flavours and toppings. I've never had vegan baked goods like this anywhere else. Some stuff can be a little bit sickly and greasy - the nanaimo bar gave me heartburn (never had a non-vegan one though, so maybe they are just very sweet?). They also do savoury sandwiches which are full-to-bursting and very yummy! The shop has a little grocery section with loads of vegan favourites such as Vego chocolate and Nakd bars, as well as stuff I'd never seen before. My bank balance and waistline suffer every time I think of paying a visit to Ms Cupcake.

Pros: Huge, delicious cupcakes, Friendly, happy staff, Amazing range of treats

Cons: Can be a bit sickly/greasy

bangin - Edit

Got hella cupcakes for my birthday it was sweet and lit I was so happy yasss

World's best Vegan cakes! - Edit

I visited here in January and fell in love, not only are the cakes themselves out of this world and better than some veggie cakes I've had it the past, but they do 50% cake 50% icing which is AMAZING! I can't wait to get back and try some more, had the Ambassador (I think) like a big vegan ferrero rocher, I was seriously impressed!
The staff were friendly and helpful, and there are gluten free options available and clearly marked! They also stock loads of other vegan food so you can stock up the cupboards ☺

Pros: Great value, Best Vegan cake I've ever tasted, Delicious

A Birthday to Remember - Edit

I was so elated when I first became vegan but had wondered what on earth I'd do regarding my birthday but then someone linked me to Ms Cupcake's website. I submitted my order and went to collect it on the day.

I was so taken aback when I entered the bakery, the best possible way. Everything looked so delicious, I didn't know how I would possibly make a choice.

In the end, I left with a few items along with my beautiful birthday cake. Everyone was very friendly and the fabulous Ms Cupcake herself came out and said hello.

Definitely a place to visit if you're in the Brixton area!

Pros: Delicious Food, Accommodating Staff, Big variety of food

Cons: Expensive

A Must Check - Edit

1- Location : 3.5/5
2- Service : 4/5
3- Food : 4/5 (amazing but really fat food, too much ?)
4- Price : 4/5
5- Decoration : 4/5

GO VEGAN

Amazing Oreo brownies!! - Edit

The most intensely chocolate Oreo brownie I've ever had the pleasure of consuming. Just go and try it.

best cupcakes ever! - Edit

Best vegan cupcakes! Took some to a friends dinner party, they were shocked after eating the cake 'I thought you were vegan!?' Me: 'I am... And so are the cakes! Mwhahahaha!' They were surprised vegan cake could taste so good, showed them vegans do it better!

Also do gluten free options so no one has to miss out :)

Pros: cake, cake, cake

Great if you're into cupcakes! - Edit

Ms Cupcake does cupcakes. They're good cupcakes. They're vegan cupcakes. Pretty much everything they do is a cupcake (with a few sandwiches). There are a couple of places to sit outside to eat your cupcake. The cupcakes are reasonably priced. The cupcakes are tasty. I'm not much into cupcakes, but if cupcakes are your thing then go to Ms Cupcake!

PS. Cupcakes.

Pros: Cupcakes

Fantabulous - Edit

As soon as you enter you'll be enticed by the sweet aroma of this bakery and its absolutely amazing staff. There are so many sweet options and there is almost always a chef making something new on your right so you know everything is fresh. I ordered 4 cupcakes and tea and they were better than any cupcakes I've ever had, vegan or otherwise.
If you're in London then this is definitely the place to go to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Sells a bunch of refrigerated vegan snacks too.

Pros: Amazing sweets and atmosphere, Lovely staff

Cons: Not in the nicest part of London

Sweet Sweet Sweet - Edit

I love this place and its out and proud vegan-ness. Whenever I pass by I get cakes for the children and a cookie or too - They also have a range of confectionary and some vegan ice-cream if you are lucky. You can order cakes for special occasions here to. The cook book is heavenly. Great to see a vegan business do so well. Cakes now available in Wholefoods too I think.

Pros: Local, Lots of choice, Fun

Sweet tooth heaven! - Edit

Too many options. We tried two cupcakes, unfortunately as this was in Jan 2014, I do not remember which ones. I think one was a coffee one.

We also had their sandwiches which were really nice.

Pros: Lots of options, Sweet took heaven

Cons: No inner seating.

Delicious vegan treats! - Edit

I had a few Ms Cupcake treats at festivals and made some things from the recipe book before finally making it to London for a visit. The counter in the shop is so tempting, it's hard to limit yourself to just one! All the cakes I've tried have been good: the texture is just right, and they are piled high with creamy icing. The Ferrero Rocher is probably my favourite, but I can't complain about any. I'm looking forward to my next trip to London just so I can have another sample!

Return to South West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ms. Cupcake closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.