Ms. Cupcake

• Bakery Bakery
  • Vegan
Contact 02030868933

408 Coldharbour Lane, Brixton, South West London, England, SW9 8LF

Cupcake cafe. The Ms. Cupcake character is a 1950s housewife with a dream to bring vegan cakes, brownies, cookies, tray-bakes, loaf to the masses. Makes both savory and sweet baked goods. Hosts baking and cake decorating classes. Open Mon-Wed 10:00am-7:00pm, Thu-Sat 10:00am-8:00pm, Sun 10:00am-7:00pm.

First Review by SaraVegan

Vegan Cupcake - Edit

Very easy to find, at the one of main roads in Brixton. Went there today while visiting family in London. The staff was very friendly and smiling. Especially the Italian guy behind the counter. Unfortunately the icing is way too sweet. And I really like sugar haha I don't really like to complain about vegan places. I honestly wish them all the best and want to see more of them around the globe. But it has to be shared. Good luck guys and next time less sugar please

Best Milkshake I've Tasted - Edit

I stumbled across this place in Brixton while having a wonder around. It was near closing time at Ms. Cupcake and I seen their menu for the milkshakes so I went in and had a very tasty delicious milkshake. Best tasting milkshake I have had and I can't wait to go back and have another! Staff were very friendly and service was good. I was served by a lovely female staff member called Smulan she was very friendly and added a lovely smile, as were the other staff members very friendly and attentive. This place was very clean and well presented and I can't wait to come back here.

Pros: Location, Friendly Staff, Tasty Milkshakes

Brilliant in Brixton - Edit

We were here only for a short while, and Id heard these guys did amazing pastries.
Unfortunately I was too early for them, so they offered me a scone and a sandwich instead.
They were both pretty good, even tho Im generally not a fan of 'mock' meats.
And then I spied the Ferrero Roche cupcake.
If you only buy one thing at this bakery, buy that cupcake.
Its so good!!

Ms. Cupcake 01 Aug 2016 - Hi Nik,

Thank you SO much for taking the time to write a review of our bakery. The Ferrero cupcake is a great recommendation - it's one of our best sellers! See ya soon!! xx

Great Cupcakes - Edit

We popped into Brixton this afternoon to try Ms Cupcake's lovely cupcakes for the first time. Most impressed with the cakes although a bit on the pricey side.

Pros: lovely looking, lovely tasting

Cons: expensive

Ms. Cupcake 01 Aug 2016 - Lovely to hear you enjoyed the cakes, Karen! You may want to consider coming on a Monday next time (if you can make it). Our cupcakes are 50p each less every Monday. Hopefully see you back at the bakery. Lots of love, Ms. C xx

vegan treats - Edit

This wasn't terribly central but we made a trip there to grab some vegan baked goods. Had a lot more than cupcakes, including cookie sandwiches and brownies, as well as a small vegan food for sale section. The cupcake was an okay vegan cupcake but nothing special. We enjoyed the cookie sandwich more although it was heavy on the icing.

Pros: vegan desserts, can buy vegan groceries

Cons: not necessarily easy to get to, not in best area, calls itself "café" but only a couple of seats and

Ms. Cupcake 01 Aug 2016 - Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to write up your feedback. We're glad that you discovered our wide-range of vegan groceries and confectionery. We would love to see you back at the bakery next time in London - we'd love to give you another opportunity to fall in love with the cupcakes. All the best, Ms. Cupcake xx

Our vegan wedding cake - Edit

I first met my partner in Ms Cupcake, so it was the obvious choice for our wedding cake. We ordered the biggest possible 3 layer rectangular vanilla cake with jam and vanilla buttercream in advance for our wedding. We had our photo printed on icing on the top of the cake. On arrival for collection we were asked if we wanted glitter. We were so happy, we definitely wanted glitter! Our wedding guests enjoyed the cake. Our non vegan guests were surprised at how like non vegan cake it was. Totally delicious! The best cake! Very very happy!

Pros: Resonably priced wedding cake, Utterly delcious cake, Friendly helpful staff

Ms. Cupcake 01 Aug 2016 - Wow, what an amazing story! Thank you so much for sharing. We are so happy that y'all loved the cake. We'll definitely pass on this feedback at the next staff meeting. Much love and congratulations, Ms. C xx

THE place for vegan treats! - Edit

All the staff are very cheerful and friendly, even when they're busy, and they take a lot of care to make your visit special. 'Ms Cupcake' herself is probably the jolliest woman I've ever met. The cupcakes and cookies are enormous, moist and delicious, with a massive range of flavours and toppings. I've never had vegan baked goods like this anywhere else. Some stuff can be a little bit sickly and greasy - the nanaimo bar gave me heartburn (never had a non-vegan one though, so maybe they are just very sweet?). They also do savoury sandwiches which are full-to-bursting and very yummy! The shop has a little grocery section with loads of vegan favourites such as Vego chocolate and Nakd bars, as well as stuff I'd never seen before. My bank balance and waistline suffer every time I think of paying a visit to Ms Cupcake.

Pros: Huge, delicious cupcakes, Friendly, happy staff, Amazing range of treats

Cons: Can be a bit sickly/greasy

World's best Vegan cakes! - Edit

I visited here in January and fell in love, not only are the cakes themselves out of this world and better than some veggie cakes I've had it the past, but they do 50% cake 50% icing which is AMAZING! I can't wait to get back and try some more, had the Ambassador (I think) like a big vegan ferrero rocher, I was seriously impressed!
The staff were friendly and helpful, and there are gluten free options available and clearly marked! They also stock loads of other vegan food so you can stock up the cupboards ☺

Pros: Great value, Best Vegan cake I've ever tasted, Delicious

A Birthday to Remember - Edit

I was so elated when I first became vegan but had wondered what on earth I'd do regarding my birthday but then someone linked me to Ms Cupcake's website. I submitted my order and went to collect it on the day.

I was so taken aback when I entered the bakery, the best possible way. Everything looked so delicious, I didn't know how I would possibly make a choice.

In the end, I left with a few items along with my beautiful birthday cake. Everyone was very friendly and the fabulous Ms Cupcake herself came out and said hello.

Definitely a place to visit if you're in the Brixton area!

Pros: Delicious Food, Accommodating Staff, Big variety of food

Cons: Expensive

best cupcakes ever! - Edit

Best vegan cupcakes! Took some to a friends dinner party, they were shocked after eating the cake 'I thought you were vegan!?' Me: 'I am... And so are the cakes! Mwhahahaha!' They were surprised vegan cake could taste so good, showed them vegans do it better!

Also do gluten free options so no one has to miss out :)

Pros: cake, cake, cake

Great if you're into cupcakes! - Edit

Ms Cupcake does cupcakes. They're good cupcakes. They're vegan cupcakes. Pretty much everything they do is a cupcake (with a few sandwiches). There are a couple of places to sit outside to eat your cupcake. The cupcakes are reasonably priced. The cupcakes are tasty. I'm not much into cupcakes, but if cupcakes are your thing then go to Ms Cupcake!

PS. Cupcakes.

Pros: Cupcakes

Fantabulous - Edit

As soon as you enter you'll be enticed by the sweet aroma of this bakery and its absolutely amazing staff. There are so many sweet options and there is almost always a chef making something new on your right so you know everything is fresh. I ordered 4 cupcakes and tea and they were better than any cupcakes I've ever had, vegan or otherwise.
If you're in London then this is definitely the place to go to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Sells a bunch of refrigerated vegan snacks too.

Pros: Amazing sweets and atmosphere, Lovely staff

Cons: Not in the nicest part of London

Sweet Sweet Sweet - Edit

I love this place and its out and proud vegan-ness. Whenever I pass by I get cakes for the children and a cookie or too - They also have a range of confectionary and some vegan ice-cream if you are lucky. You can order cakes for special occasions here to. The cook book is heavenly. Great to see a vegan business do so well. Cakes now available in Wholefoods too I think.

Pros: Local, Lots of choice, Fun

Sweet tooth heaven! - Edit

Too many options. We tried two cupcakes, unfortunately as this was in Jan 2014, I do not remember which ones. I think one was a coffee one.

We also had their sandwiches which were really nice.

Pros: Lots of options, Sweet took heaven

Cons: No inner seating.

Delicious vegan treats! - Edit

I had a few Ms Cupcake treats at festivals and made some things from the recipe book before finally making it to London for a visit. The counter in the shop is so tempting, it's hard to limit yourself to just one! All the cakes I've tried have been good: the texture is just right, and they are piled high with creamy icing. The Ferrero Rocher is probably my favourite, but I can't complain about any. I'm looking forward to my next trip to London just so I can have another sample!

No need to relax, 100 % natural - Edit

A delight on the eyes, I'd eat these treats like a pig snuffling around for truffle. An absolutely fantastic place, cruelty-free, (i.e. vegan) cute looking cupcakes, a very nice-beautiful-overwhelmingly female team, I'm also fond of their delicious cookie sandwiches. A very pleasant shopping experience with an extensive range of vegan bars, vegan chocolates, and intelligent reading matter on the shelves next to the entrance - a short run away from the Brixton Ritzy in my favourite part of London, my native south London. All the sales team are genuinely charming. None of them are ugly, supremacist, yobs who work for Mind in Haringey as its "wellbeing manager".

Pros: Delicious, Sweet, Heavenly

Cons: I need to live back in south London

Yummy cupcakes and more... :) - Edit

Went here for my valentines cupcakes to buy my fiance, had to travel an hour but was well worth it. I got 4 cupcakes for £10. I got oreo, peanut butter, red velvet and pink champagne cupcakes. My mum got a lemon-earl grey cupcake and I picked up a couple of vegan wagonwheels too :) All were very delicious and moist with a perfect amount of buttercream. I would have liked to have got a coffee and sat down after my travels but there was only tea and a couple of seats outside (was icy cold out) I would defo go again to pick up a box of cupcakes, just wish it wasnt on the other side of London to me :(

Pros: Delicious cupcakes, Good prices, Also stock vegan wagonwheels/ mars bars

Cons: A few things bit pricey, Don't do coffee, No seating areas

A must-go in London - Edit

I visited this place several times, but always forgot to review it. Ms Cupcake is a benchmark for every vegan glutton and definitely unmissable! the wide choice of treats will make your pick harder, but everything will be extremely satisfying and make your day surely sweeter. And if you can't go there, they come to you: they do home delivery in UK!

Vegan Sweet-tooth Heaven - Edit

Ms Cupcake is an absolute dream. Never have vegans had such a vast selection of cupcakes which are delicious and look so amazing! I find it impossible to leave here without walking out with at least a half dozen cupcakes. There is also some delicious finds in the freezer - I had a salted caramel icecream pudding the other day which was decadent! This is the kind of location that is worthy of travelling to even if not living in the local area.

Pros: Huge selection, All vegan, Convenient to underground

Extremely tasty cupcakes! - Edit

I visited Ms. Cupcake during my one-week trip to London with my (non-vegan) boyfriend and we both loved it! We tried the Ferrero Rocher, Mint Chocolate, Carrot Cake and Vanilla Cupcakes and they were all delicious. The staff was friendly, there was a great variety of flavors to choose from and the shop looks very cute as well.

I most definitely recommend this to anyone who visits London and I will definitely return!

Pros: Tasty cupcakes, friendly staff, cute shop

Love this place! - Edit

Amazing cupcakes, but also all sorts of other cakes, biscuits and savouries. I love the fact that Ms Cupcake dispels the myth that vegan food can't sometimes be a bit decadent. The 50's style shop looks great - and the staff are always cheerful and friendly.

London is so lucky to have this place!

Pros: Amazing cakes and savouries, Lovely staff, Store looks great

Cons: Don't serve coffee

CAKE! - Edit

I am sure that when your average omnivore is offered a vegan cake, they envision a sad, dry little square comprised mainly of carrot and bird seed, which tastes a little like something you'd give your hamster to keep their teeth in good shape. Every person who immediately wrinkles their nose and experiences a sinking feeling when they hear the word "vegan" should be directed to this shop! Deliciously indulgent freshly baked cakes and cookies,as well as loads of chocolate bars and sweeties on offer! I bought a box of 12 cupcakes to my friend's hen do, didn't mention they were vegan and everyone raved about them!
Only thing I'd say is that I'd prefer the icing/cake ratio to be tipped a bit more in cake's favour, as I found the icing a wee bit sickly, but that's just personal taste, and the massive swirls of icing do make the cakes look very pretty...

Pros: really tasty treats, loads of choice

Cons: increased risk of diabetes

Awful staff - Edit

Terrible staff. So rude and unpleasant. The outside is seriously grubby. Really doesn't live now where near up to the hype. It was just a run down tiny shop, which was grubby with rude staff and average cupcakes.

Pros: None

Cons: Staff, Grubby, Rude

2 Responses

Ms. Cupcake 16 Sep 2013 - Dear KeelyEvilpea

I'm terribly sorry you didn't have a positive experience at Ms. Cupcake. We are indeed a very small shop and in a less than 'polished' part of London. However, I am really sad to hear that you didn't receive the kind of customer service you were hoping to have.

It would be really helpful for us as a company if you could email us directly with any feedback you have about ways we could improve our service.

We take customer service very seriously at Ms. Cupcake and we've obviously let you down and I feel horrible about that.

Please get in touch at [email protected] and hopefully you will give us another chance in the future.

All the best
Ms. Cupcake

J-Veg 08 Dec 2013 - That's sad that you had a bad experience but when I popped in a couple of days ago the staff were really friendly! Maybe you were just unlucky.

Good cupcakes - Edit

These are fantastic cupcakes - the Ferrero Rocher is the best. Unfortunately one of the staff members serving was very spacey - messed up our order, didn't think we could have ketchup (another staff member got us some) and just seemed weird generally. Also my partner's sausage roll had a strange bitter taste. Mine was fine but something was weird about his. Overall great place though, sell great vegan products too

Pros: Cupcakes

Cons: Staff

The London home of vegan cupcakes - Edit

What? you haven't been to Ms Cupcake? You live in London and you haven't been - then why are you wasting time reading this review when you could be enjoying some of the finest vegan treats the world has ever seen. It's not just the cupcakes but all the other stuff which is sold, such as the well stocked freezers; stuffed with a who range of vegan ice creams and other frozen treats. There is also a huge range of chocolates and snacks to try as well. Go! just go, you'll thank me later. The staff are wonderful too :)

Pros: Filled with every sort of vegan treat, cupcakes and cakes, Fantastic staff

Cons: if you're on a diet; best avoid.

Who said vegans have to miss out!? - Edit

Well, Ms.Cupcake is certainly worth a trip over to Brixton.
I can't manage a whole cupcake in one sitting, so I have half then and keep half for later =D

Lovely shop, friendly (patient) staff waiting ages whilst I decided! Lots of other little treats and snack to buy also.

I tried their choc orange cupcake at vegan food fest in Wolverhampton and that was my favourite by far. I also got to try lemon & coffee ones for free at a Sea Shepherd charity event, so thank you for that! I certainly will allow time to come back to you guys next time I'm in town!

Pros: delicious, big!, many flavours

Yum! - Edit

This place is great and the staff are so nice. It really makes a difference when the people working somewhere are so passionate and happy about the food they are serving. And everything is vegan, amazing! I recommend the ferrero rocher cupcake, unreal!

Pros: lovely food, nice staff, central

Cons: sickeningly sweet

Oh yes. - Edit

I'm glad I live nowhere near this place, or I would become obese in weeks. The cakes are wonderful although I warn you the cupcakes icing is very sweet, the staff are pleasant, and the shop is worth visiting alone. They also have had several gluten free cakes on the times I have been.

Pros: Not just cupcakes., Gluten free options., Great shop, friendly staff.

Cons: Very sweet icing on cupcakes.

sugar in my head - Edit

Ms. Cupcake makes the best vegan Cupcakes in town.
After a hard working day get a cupcake and enjoy a cookie.

Ms. Cupcake is a very friendly person and really takes her time for every one that comes around.

Besides the cupcakes, she also offers some other candies and (cooking & baking) books you can buy there.

Pros: Very nice service, High variety , Candy!

Cons: Veeery sweet and high in sugar

Too close for comfort - Edit

With cakes this delicious only minutes from my flat, I am in grave danger of needing new clothes before long.

Pros: Assortment of flavours, Friendly staff, Just plain delicious

Cons: Obesity is a very real prospect

Worth the tube ride to Brixton - Edit

Ms. Cupcake's store is beautiful and full of very tempting treats. The cupcakes are delicious but unless you are used to large quantities of sugar, I find half a cupcake is the absolute maximum I can tolerate. Lots of different options (lemon curd, moccacino, cookies & cream, raspberry, ferrero rocher, triple chocolate, peanut and chocolate...) with one thing in common: they are all extremely sweet. The place is really cute and is well worth a visit - you can even see the staff busy in baking action if you're lucky!

Excellent Cupcakes for Everyone - Edit

Not only were cakes available but there was a fridge of lemon curd and desert pots, three different types of scone, cookies aplenty, cookie sandwiches and marshmallows. On top of that there's accessories available from cake cases, mini bake sets, lunch boxes and the usual cup-a-cakes to recipe books, aprons, mugs and t-shirts. The decor is simple, clean, and almost exactly what I and so many had in mind. Perfect 1950s American but polished for our decade.

There are benches and tables outside the shop and the cafe next door that are shared so you can get a cake or a scone from Ms Cupcake, a tea or coffee with soya from Rosie's and a and sit and enjoy them together.

The cakes themselves come in a wide range of flavours with my favorites being rocher (tastes like the Ferrero Rocher chocolates) and lemon drop. Both of them are perfect with a nice cuppa. The cake is soft, light, rich and moist (a miracle of flavours and textures), the frosting is always a treat for the eyes that's matched by it's taste. There's usually a selection of gluten free cakes available too.

While it's in Brixton it's pretty easy to get to from anywhere, only 8 mins from central London by tube or about 10 mins by train and there's a wide range of buses going through and stopping nearby.

She's hoping to sell a range of savories too as she gets established

Pros: tasty, 100% vegan, some gluten free

Opens Friday April 1st - - Edit

This is a pre-review - sent in from Hong Kong - I will delete it once real visitor's reviews start to appear.

Ms. Cupcake at 408 Coldharbour Lane will be excellent - I know - I am psychic!

See -

Coldharbour Lane will be the new 'vegan frontline'!

Vegan yummyness - Edit

I visited the stall at the Tea Rooms in Brick Lane. I'm not a massive fan of sweet and chocolaty stuff anyway but the cupcakes we had were VERY nice - and it was the first time I'd experienced the ferrero rocher taste since becoming vegan!

She is also planning to open a shop in the near future - bring it on! :)

Pros: yum, inexpensive

The best cupcakes in London! - Edit

I stumbled upon Ms. Cupcake by chance one day at Greenwich Market. I have since been making weekly trips to her stall to stock up for each weekend! Whomever said vegans have to miss out on tasty treats has never met Ms. C. Her cakes are wonderfully moist and tasty, and come in the most inventive and delectable flavours! I have fed them to non-vegans, and not one of them has been able to tell the difference between these and any other gourmet cupcakes. Ms. Cupcake herself is a lovely 1950's housewife who is clearly passionate about what she does. I am totally addicted to Ms. C and her wares, and I'm thoroughly enjoying working my way through her huge, and ever growing, range of delicious cakes.

Pros: Great value for money, Excellent quality

Cons: It's always difficult to choose!

Return to South West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ms. Cupcake closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.