First Review by Mu

Falafel - Falafel - Falafel - Edit

At Mr Falafel, you have two choices: falafel with bread and salad or a plate of salad and falafel.
They make the falafel in front of you, you get to fill the pita bread yourself and choose the vegetables from the salad bar.
If you are the kind of person who can never choose from a menu, Mr falafel is the place for you :)
I would recommend if you are in the mood for Falafel (as there aren't a lot of other good falafels joints in Brussels) or if you want something filling and quick before a night out in the center of Brussels.

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-24

Pros: Cheap eat, No suprises, Location

Cons: A bit shaby

Yummy Falafel - Edit

This small but friendly falafel shop offers falafel and salad for €5. Tasty, fast and cheap. Some sauces are with dairy but almost everything is vegan. They use plastic for eating in or take away - shame bc I feel there could be a better option to plastic plates and forks.

Pros: Tasty falafels, Friendly Service

Cons: Too much plastic

plastic, plastic, plastic, ... - Edit

Falafel tasted good, the salads (free refill if you ask) are uninspired. Uses plastic plates and plastic forks, even if you eat inside.

Pros: cheap

Cons: lots of plastic

Great Falafel! - Edit

This is the perfect spot to get falafel in Brussels. Only 4.5 Euros per sandwich as of June 2016, so it's a fantastic value. The falafel itself is about the best I've had anywhere, and the toppings are nice and fresh, with only a few being non-vegan (all vegetarian though). Cash only.

Pros: Delicious, Great value, Fast

Cheap, Okay - Edit

Very cheap: just 5 euros for a falafel that comes with a mix of salads. All the salads except a couple were vegan. They weren't particularly good. The falafel was yummy, but was just plain falafel in pita. Maybe it normally has sauce, but it's not vegan? There was nothing else in it, which was really weird to me!

Pros: Cheap, Falafel yum

Cons: Not very good, Falafel has nothing else in it

nice for a snack - Edit

Came here the other day for something quick to eat. I can say I was very impressed. You ask for a falafel wrap and you get a little tray to put whatever salad items you want in it. The falafels themselves are some of the best I've eaten. However don't go here if you're looking for a big filling meal. The only strange thing was that I spoke to the guy in French and he persisted on replying in English, not sure why.

Pros: almost everything vegan, very good price

Cons: meh

Small place, nice food - Edit

I had dinner in Mr Falafel last Monday with a friend of mine. The place is very small, but luckily there was one free table and we were able to eat inside (outside it was a bit cold...!).

We had falafel in pitta bread (but you can ask for falafel without the bread, if you prefer), which are really tasty. Then, we added some vegetables (olives were particularly good), hoummus (but tajhin is also available), and we had a great dinner!

The place is absolutely inexpensive if you think that it's Bruxelles (falafel: E4.50, drinks: E1.50).

PS: the whole place reminded me of Maoz Veg (like in Paris, London, NY...), but the atmosphere is much more easygoing, and falafel are probably better!

Pros: Good falafel, Good vegetables choice, Super cheap

Best Falafel in Brussels - Edit

Mr. Falafel provides the best falafel in Brussels and for a very low price (4.50€). The falafel are so fresh anybody can taste the difference with other fast-food restaurants. You can choose all the vegetables and sauce you want to put in your sandwich. All ingredients are not excellent but the combination with falafel and wholegrain pita bread makes me drool just to write about it!
A perfect place for a succulent vegetarian/vegan meal.

Pros: Super fresh falafel, Vegan sauce, Super inexpensive

Cons: Still some vegetarian options

Delicious and most affordable veggie place - Edit

My partner and I visited Mr Falafel on three occasions. Each time we had one of the two main vegetarian dishes consisting of a pita filled with 4 freshly fried delicious falafels, 15 varieties of fillings and 3 varieties of sauces. The owners are very generous allowing one to take as much fillings as one choses. I even saw other people going for a refill. Each falafel was 4.5 euros. From all the restaurants, supermarkets, macrobiotic shops we visited we found this was the most affordable place in the otherwise very expensive Brussels. The owners work hard so Mr Falafel saved us at 9.30pm on a Sunday when there were no supermarkets or other veggie restaurants open. As for cleanliness, it might not have Subway standards (the fast food chain) in terms of food manipulation but I have a very sensitive stomach and I was perfectly fine eating there. In addition, the sitting area and the kitchen and bathroom were very clean.

Pros: affordable, delicious, big portions

Inexpensive, healthy & tasty - Edit

After a long day, exhausted & starving, I found my way to Mr. Falafel which is located a few hundred metres from Grand Place. To my great disappointment, the door was locked though the place didn't appear to be closed. Within a few minutes, and to my great delight, the owner returned and made me a falafel. It wasn't the best falafel I've had, but for E4.50, it is very likely the cheapest, most filling & healthiest vegetarian option in Brussels!

Pros: Cheap!, Filling & healthy, Convenient location & long hours

Cons: Like a fast-food takeaway

Good food, hygiene not so much - Edit

The place is very easy to access, it's near the Bourse (Beurs). I go there often. The only thing you can order there is a pita bread with 4 falafels. The falafels are excellent! There is a small salad bar with a few fresh veggie, prepared red cabage, prepared white cabage, olives, humus, etc. You pay 4,5€ for the falafels and can help yourself how many times you want at the salad bar. There are three sauces: one red-hot, two whites made probably from tahina, those seems not to be vegan as they probably contain dairy.

Owned by kind people.

It's well worth the price but the place is small and very simple. The hygiene has been improved but there is still more effort needed.

Pros: Cheap, Delicious falafel, Small business

Cons: Dirty, Small, No choice

Awesome - Edit

This place was just what we were looking for!

Tasty falafel and a big portion of salad for € 4.50. Loved the tahini sauce. I wish we had one here in Switzerland too, I'd be a regular guest!

Very friendly owner.

Pros: cheap, delicious, friendly

Not so good - Edit

It's practical but not what I would call excellent. Falafels and salad bar are much tastier in Paris, Madrid or Amsterdam by Maoz. I didn't expect much comfort but this place is a little bit "extreme" with the tables directly on the sidewalk of a noisy main street and the salad bar didn't seem very hygienic. I prefer not to recommend the awful so called fruit juices from the fridge which are indeed sugared water with aromas.

Pros: No meat , Location and opening hours, Price

Cons: Too uncomfortable , Could be cleaner

free vegetables as much as you like - nice falafel - Edit

It's a tiny place in the busy heart of Brussels and they only serve one thing: falafels in a pita bread. Sauce and vegetables are "free" - you can take as much as you want from a small salad bar. Some sauces are (very) hot, they also have hummus. Tasty, cheap and quick!

Pros: free veggies, refillable!, relatively cheap (€4)

Cons: tiny, not much place to sit, owner is difficult to understand

Loved this place - Edit

The falafel was really really good, and cheap. You buy a 4 euro falafel and get however much salad from the bar you want, there is a good selection of vegan options. Mr Falafel himself is friendly :) Open till late which is helpful.

Pros: Great falafel

great falafel - Edit

the falafel was tasty, the salad bar very varied, and for 4 euros very good value. i recommend it.nice that they don't serve any meat.the mayonnaise is not vegetarian, it has eggs in it, so be aware, a few toppings are mixed with mayonnaise, so ask before to be sure.

Pros: tasty, fresh, cheap

Cons: mayonnaise

Awesome!!! - Edit

I really love "Mr Falafel"! The idea that you can prepare your own falafel is great! Morever, the offered fillings for your falafel are varied and tasty. Furthermore, the server was very friendly and helpful. He even told me and my boyfriend in detail which food is vegan or not. And he gave us an additional bowl so that we were able to make our own salad from the offered fillings. In addition, this restaurant is really cheap and you could call it "all you can eat" (because of the additional bowls).
Unfortunately, we have discovered this awesome restaurant at the end of our trip to Brussels :-(.

Pros: Prepare your own falafel with great food, Very friendly staff and nice atmosphere, Cheap and "all you can eat"

Cons: Nothing

Fresh falafel! - Edit

Definitely a unique place, the falafel is made from fresh paste and tastes good! The staff is really friendly and the atmosphere feels nice. We visited this place several times when in Brussels and were satisfied each time. The place itself is tiny (there are couple of small tables) and maybe not the cleanest of places, but food is definitely fresh. very nice dressings also (tajini, parsley sauce, chili sauce etc.)

Pros: Friendly staff, You can fill your own pita , fresh falafel

Cheap and delicious - Edit

If you are looking for a cheap place to eat your vegan falafel, this is the place to go. Unfortunately, they don't offer the salad buffet as a "salad" menu option (like other Mr. Falafel places do, e.g. in Amsterdam) but only to fill your pitta with all the stuff you like. It's nevertheless worth a stop and only a short walk from the city centre.

Pros: Friendly and English speaking staff, Good filling options, Good price

Cons: No "salad only" option

delicious home made falafels - Edit

There are a lot of pita snacks in Brussels but this one is definitely unique!!!! (as you immediately understand when noticing the huge word 'VEGETARIAN' on its window!)

Return to Brussels Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mr Falafel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9478 times since Sep 2010.